Greetings from Asia

tcalypse

Hi guys! I only recently found out that I was an ace and decided to join because I wanted to know what was going on inside my very much jumbled up head.

Heteronormativity has been drilled into my head ever since birth (note: I'm from East Asia) so it was hard - and still is a bit difficult - for me to accept myself, but I wish I could learn more from talking with you guys and hearing your stories!

I'm not really sure about anything else about my orientation or really, anything but the fact that I am some shade of ace. I occasionally get mild panic attacks at the idea of sex, and right now that's what I'm trying to get a handle on.

And I don't think I'll ever be coming out to my parents so yeah. I'm sorta depending on you guys to get help for getting over crises and stuff.

So. Nice to meet you, I'm 16 and trying to figure things out.

And who knows, maybe even make friends along the way! :>

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN!  :cake: thanks for joining the forums and thanks for sharing your experience. Hope that the forums help you.  :)

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Andes-Mint-Cake.jpg

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Welcome to Aven @tcalypse !

It's nice to meet you!

We are very happry you decided to join the Aven family!

Trust me, you'll LOVE it here! ^_^

Every time I hear about a young person having a place to safely learn about themselves, it makes me so happy that the Internet exists. I wish you a wondrous future @tcalypse and I am sure you will find many understanding people here who will support you through your self discovery. Wishing you well.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
3 hours ago, tcalypse said:

Hi guys! I only recently found out that I was an ace and decided to join because I wanted to know what was going on inside my very much jumbled up head.

Heteronormativity has been drilled into my head ever since birth (note: I'm from East Asia) so it was hard - and still is a bit difficult - for me to accept myself, but I wish I could learn more from talking with you guys and hearing your stories!

I'm not really sure about anything else about my orientation or really, anything but the fact that I am some shade of ace. I occasionally get mild panic attacks at the idea of sex, and right now that's what I'm trying to get a handle on.

And I don't think I'll ever be coming out to my parents so yeah. I'm sorta depending on you guys to get help for getting over crises and stuff.

So. Nice to meet you, I'm 16 and trying to figure things out.

And who knows, maybe even make friends along the way! :>

It's nice to meet and have you here :D I hope you'll find some answers to your questions along the way while making friends here. Don't be afraid to ask or note anyone around here for topics you'd like to know or understand more about. Just remember: Life's an adventurous journey we all have to face together.

ab9086859143995304156dd7fabcef06---weddi

1 hour ago, Caphyra said:

Every time I hear about a young person having a place to safely learn about themselves, it makes me so happy that the Internet exists. I wish you a wondrous future @tcalypse and I am sure you will find many understanding people here who will support you through your self discovery. Wishing you well.

Thank you, I am very happy knowing that I will have easy access to help and support here, without getting judged. Have a nice day!

15 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

It's nice to meet and have you here :D I hope you'll find some answers to your questions along the way while making friends here. Don't be afraid to ask or note anyone around here for topics you'd like to know or understand more about. Just remember: Life's an adventurous journey we all have to face together.

Nice to meet you too! I'm sure I will, and thank you for the reassurance :] 

The cake looks absolutely marvelous by the way :lol:

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
10 minutes ago, tcalypse said:

Nice to meet you too! I'm sure I will, and thank you for the reassurance :] 

The cake looks absolutely marvelous by the way :lol:

*smiles* You're most welcome. Glad you like the cake ^^ Just feel free to PM me whenever needed. I'm a pretty good listener. Just so you know.

Grumpy Alien

Here's hoping AVEN provides an accepting community, an abundance of information, and friends along the way!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIfPnqWQXotcAfa6Yn-u2

19 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

*smiles* You're most welcome. Glad you like the cake ^^ Just feel free to PM me whenever needed. I'm a pretty good listener. Just so you know.

I sure will. Call me calypse, and feel free to PM me as well :)

1 minute ago, Graceful said:

Here's hoping AVEN provides an accepting community, an abundance of information, and friends along the way!

Already feeing at home with you guys :]

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
58 minutes ago, tcalypse said:

I sure will. Call me calypse, and feel free to PM me as well :)

Ok Calypse, It's Ryan for you then :) Gonna send you a PM soon.  Have a nice day!

Welcome to AVEN! It's totally fine to feel that way. Most teens are scared of sex tbh, it's normal. No one can force you! You might wanna look at the wiki to find a term that fits you best, but also remember that no one can label you, only you. Only you know how you truly feel. Hope to hear more from you, enjoy your stay! :cake:

(I'm from Asia so I have to say) Hi and Welcome to AVEN. I can understand your situation and how you feel. Glad to have you here. I hope you have a good time in here :) and Enjoy!

Have a cake! 
ace_cake_by_galadnilien-d8qkuxx.png

25587b286421de568b7a34d36ce6176c--woman-

Hello and welcome to AVEN. I grew up in an Asian family (I'm South Asian) so had the heteronormativity drilled into my head too. Hope you have fun here :cake:

Archived