Asexual furries

Nea Rose Symphony

Nea Rose Symphony
6 minutes ago, Yato said:

Mine was just top half. Not kigu I think

Oh. And I checked them out. It's really cool looking, if only I already finished enough college to go towards a career already *sobs*

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
On 8/20/2017 at 10:25 PM, Raven Luni said:

I was wondering if there was furries here.
I'm a Wolf (also therian, but thats another discussion)
Here's a pic of me from Scotiacon (2015 I think)
C_1X0qpXsAA7k_Q.jpg

Nice fursuit! 👍👏

I kind of am a furry but I don't often say it out loud so no one gets any wrong ideas. It's the same way with the other fandoms I'm a part of too so it's not just the furry one. At least I do have a fursona-kind of character who's a Turkish Van cat named Citrine.

On the matter of furs, my fur pattern is so complicated-- the hairstylist said it would cost a good $9,000 for a full detailing. :( 

Okay, ilu all, byebye!

Nea Rose Symphony
1 hour ago, Karmalita said:

On the matter of furs, my fur pattern is so complicated-- the hairstylist said it would cost a good $9,000 for a full detailing. :( 

Okay, ilu all, byebye!

What does it even look like?

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, Neapolitan_Cat said:

Thanks! I drew the aurora because my boo is an aurora husky

That's really cool the aurora colors on him go well with the grey and white on his fur (sorry for making observations I tend to do that with character designs)

Nea Rose Symphony
23 hours ago, thegreatwolf said:

That's really cool the aurora colors on him go well with the grey and white on his fur (sorry for making observations I tend to do that with character designs)

That's his 2.0 design which should be done later this year. You can see his 1.0 in his YT videos or on his other social media

7 minutes ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

That's his 2.0 design which should be done later this year. You can see his 1.0 in his YT videos or on his other social media

ah cool whats his youtube i'm curious

Nea Rose Symphony
2 minutes ago, thegreatwolf said:

ah cool whats his youtube i'm curious

Rockus Sled-Dog, plus he has other accounts like Instagram, Furry Amino, Twitter

21 minutes ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

Rockus Sled-Dog, plus he has other accounts like Instagram, Furry Amino, Twitter

ah cool thanks say is it ok if I mention what I like about yours if that's ok

Hopefully not straying off topic (maybe a mod can fork this if it does)...
I've been thinking about fursuit accesories to identify asexuality (due to both my increased recognition of the need for awareness since coming here and an incident at a convention where I was subjected to 'inappropriate contact').

Armbands are out because of these dam nazis (see alt furry),  badges are hit and miss especially with long fur.  Clothes etc. tend to suit some characters more than others.  Its a hard one to think about.  Ideas?

Nea Rose Symphony
16 hours ago, thegreatwolf said:

ah cool thanks say is it ok if I mention what I like about yours if that's ok

Mention what you like about my fursona? Sure!

Nea Rose Symphony
3 hours ago, Raven Luni said:

Hopefully not straying off topic (maybe a mod can fork this if it does)...
I've been thinking about fursuit accesories to identify asexuality (due to both my increased recognition of the need for awareness since coming here and an incident at a convention where I was subjected to 'inappropriate contact').

Armbands are out because of these dam nazis (see alt furry),  badges are hit and miss especially with long fur.  Clothes etc. tend to suit some characters more than others.  Its a hard one to think about.  Ideas?

Maybe make a fursona design based on asexuality. Like purple hair, gray fur, white belly, and black highlights?

2 hours ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

Mention what you like about my fursona? Sure!

I like the colors they're very simple yet easy to remember 

Nea Rose Symphony
5 hours ago, thegreatwolf said:

I like the colors they're very simple yet easy to remember 

Thanks! I chose browns because I have brown hair, brown eyes for the same reason, orange hair because I love red hair, and then when I was doing the reference base colors the pink next to the brown reminded me of Neapolitan colors

2 hours ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

Thanks! I chose browns because I have brown hair, brown eyes for the same reason, orange hair because I love red hair, and then when I was doing the reference base colors the pink next to the brown reminded me of Neapolitan colors

Huh that's cool and makes sense

Hello! I had searched for asexual furry related threads before, but didn't see this until now O.o I thought they were all long dead.

I got into the fandom offically about a month ago. If the fandom is a black hole--I've been orbiting it for years, but Zootopia came swinging by recently and knocked me into a decaying orbit :P it was only a matter of time before I got sucked in.

My sona is a wolf named Ace Osmyde (hence my username, which I changed recently to reflect this). I'm the lone wolf type and I think canine anthro characters are absolutely adorable. I'm a sucker for the cute and cuddly side of the fandom--that's basically the reason I'm part of it. He's light & dark gray, purple and has vibrant green highlights. He has an ace ring, and I plan on sneaking in the AVEN triangle right smack dab in the middle of his back (I'm slowly making a ref sheet). I felt that asexuality is a bit underrepresented in the fandom so I'm basically going overboard with the ace symbols and color pattern.

Horrible drawings of my sona (minor details [pattern, exact colors] still subject to change--in fact you may even notice differences between the bust and the full-body image [the latter being more accurate]):

Spoiler

Links in case the pictures don't load:

Bust

Full drawing

24935652@400-1506585302.jpg24935604@400-1506584637.jpg

I haven't drawn in many, many years, and just got back into it (digital too) for the express purpose of drawing Osmyde. So my skills aren't too good right now, and with college starting up I'm not going to have much time to practice.

As I said, I love the cute and fun part of the fandom, and like others said I would appreciate it if the NSFW side kind of just faded away--or at least wasn't as prominent. I don't care for it--and I have morals that stand against pr0n anyway.

Nea Rose Symphony
21 hours ago, A_Osmyde said:

Hello! I had searched for asexual furry related threads before, but didn't see this until now O.o I thought they were all long dead.

I got into the fandom offically about a month ago. If the fandom is a black hole--I've been orbiting it for years, but Zootopia came swinging by recently and knocked me into a decaying orbit :P it was only a matter of time before I got sucked in.

My sona is a wolf named Ace Osmyde (hence my username, which I changed recently to reflect this). I'm the lone wolf type and I think canine anthro characters are absolutely adorable. I'm a sucker for the cute and cuddly side of the fandom--that's basically the reason I'm part of it. He's light & dark gray, purple and has vibrant green highlights. He has an ace ring, and I plan on sneaking in the AVEN triangle right smack dab in the middle of his back (I'm slowly making a ref sheet). I felt that asexuality is a bit underrepresented in the fandom so I'm basically going overboard with the ace symbols and color pattern.

Horrible drawings of my sona (minor details [pattern, exact colors] still subject to change--in fact you may even notice differences between the bust and the full-body image [the latter being more accurate]):

Hide contents

24935652@400-1506585302.jpg24935604@400-1506584637.jpg

I haven't drawn in many, many years, and just got back into it (digital too) for the express purpose of drawing Osmyde. So my skills aren't too good right now, and with college starting up I'm not going to have much time to practice.

As I said, I love the cute and fun part of the fandom, and like others said I would appreciate it if the NSFW side kind of just faded away--or at least wasn't as prominent. I don't care for it--and I have morals that stand against pr0n anyway.

The links don't work :o I post to Instagram for my furry art and that makes it more convenient to share pics that way

10 hours ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

The links don't work :o I post to Instagram for my furry art and that makes it more convenient to share pics that way

Lol I use so few social networking platforms that as a millennial I should be ashamed. Regardless, I edited the post with links in case the pictures still don't show up. It's fine on my end (mobile, desktop, logged in or not) so idk what's going on.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:15 PM, Neapolitan_Cat said:

What does it even look like?

Pasiley patterns with daisies. I am flower bun!

Nea Rose Symphony
7 hours ago, A_Osmyde said:

Lol I use so few social networking platforms that as a millennial I should be ashamed. Regardless, I edited the post with links in case the pictures still don't show up. It's fine on my end (mobile, desktop, logged in or not) so idk what's going on.

There we go. I can definitely see aro and ace in the design

Nea Rose Symphony
4 hours ago, Karmalita said:

Pasiley patterns with daisies. I am flower bun!

Cute! Flower bunny and ice cream cat talking together

17 hours ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

There we go. I can definitely see aro and ace in the design

Is there something in particular that would indicate aro? I'm actually heteroromantic, and when my skills are better I planned on making cute drawings of him and a yet-to-be-designed special someone doing things together. It was my intent to make the ace part obvious--but did I accidentally include anything exclusively aromantic? As I said I'm still finalizing the design, so I can change things.

Nea Rose Symphony
1 hour ago, A_Osmyde said:

Is there something in particular that would indicate aro? I'm actually heteroromantic, and when my skills are better I planned on making cute drawings of him and a yet-to-be-designed special someone doing things together. It was my intent to make the ace part obvious--but did I accidentally include anything exclusively aromantic? As I said I'm still finalizing the design, so I can change things.

The green. On flags based on romantic orientation of the spectrum, the purple on ace based flags turns to green (demisexual-->demiromantic and graysexual-->grayromantic). And the aro flag has lots of green too

2 minutes ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

The green. On flags based on romantic orientation of the spectrum, the purple on ace based flags turns to green (demisexual-->demiromantic and graysexual-->grayromantic). And the aro flag has lots of green too

Oh wow, I wasn't even aware about that. I just thought that purple and vibrant green went well together (and the bright color would make it look better at things like raves--if I 1. Got a suit of him and 2. Went to one).

Nea Rose Symphony
22 hours ago, A_Osmyde said:

Oh wow, I wasn't even aware about that. I just thought that purple and vibrant green went well together (and the bright color would make it look better at things like raves--if I 1. Got a suit of him and 2. Went to one).

I suppose it could work but probably sticking to the ace colors as a pallet might be best in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, glad to see I'm not the only furry here :D I'm an artist, and my social medias are in my signature

I have two fursonas: Cloud, a lynx who's more of a fun furry identity/abstract representation of me, and Reece, a King Charles Spaniel who's for when I want to draw my actual real self

Archived