Asexual furries

Nea Rose Symphony

Nea Rose Symphony

This is now the official chat for all things furry related.

What species is your fursona? What is your fursona's name? Personality? How did you get into the fandom? What do you like and dislike about the group? Do you draw art or post pics on social media? What platforms do you use for that?

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Haven't figured out what animal my fursona is gonna be.

I think it probably a rodent of some kind.

My fursona's personality I have figured out, she has similarities to me, but her personality is a lot more easy going.

I got into the fandom when I came across a YouTube vid of a furry convention.

The only thing I dislike about the furry fandom is the yiff art. 

I like the furry fandom is so welcoming and creative.

I haven't drawn anything  in a while. I wouldn't post it on social media,though.

I've had (and still have) many furry characters, most of them are mainly feral but some have an anthro form too. However I don't recall to have ever considered one of them my fursona.

It would probably be a canine, but not a specific specie; probably genderless too. As personality it would be an "ideal me": funny, caring, a bit introvert, loves to do jokes (also bad and naughty ones eh), always open to listen others, not too caring of what people think of him/them.

I can't remember when or how I joined the furry fandom, ; probably I ended up looking at another furry profile on deviantArt, I liked their character(s) and tried to make my own.

I like the creativeness of the furry fandom too, like Ruru said. What I don't like are some kinks or fetishes some artist involve their/other people's character in, but these are just tastes.

I do draw furry characters and I used to post my artworks years ago, then I stopped and removed everything for whatever reason. I've also drawn yiff stuff but never posted them, as most of the time they were some random images or fast sketches. I no longer do it simply because I can't think of anything explicit to draw, but I would be fine to do this kind of stuff again.

Regarding drawing, the main reason why my fursona would be a canine is that I'm able to draw them and make them express emotions better compared to felines, ungulates, etc... I used to post my artwork on deviantArt and FurAffinity.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
44 minutes ago, LeDeer said:

What I don't like are some kinks or fetishes some artist involve their/other people's character in, but these are just tastes.

Yeah... The kinks and fetishes freak me the fuck out :blink:

To each their own, I suppose ^_^ :mellow:

Nea Rose Symphony

Yeah, I dislike yiff too. But the G-PG art can be stunning and I hope to reach that level someday. What drew me in is the art on Instagram and how fun and creative it seemed

Before I considered myself a furry, I had a sort of sona in feral form, a dolphin named Soul. But it was impossible for me at my skill level to make her in anthro form so I tried to design a more terrestrial fursona. Switched so many times until now I have a cat named Nea. I'm still fleshing out her character but she's a bit introverted and quiet, aloof so while she's accepting of affection she may reject it even from those she knows. She also likes to play fetch and swim, unlike the stereotypical cat. Ace like me but unlabeled romantic orientation

If you want to see her full body, I have her on Instagram @art.of.nea

My fursonas are a Dragon, Serval, and Wolf-draco. 

Names are in same order as above. Yang, Yin, Haou. 

I never established real personalities for them, but Yang is the most fleshed out. Since its been used in fetish art (vore) on furaffinity. So she's a predator. 

I got into the fandom through my fetish, but quickly got out of it due to all the sexual content. Which is the same reason I dislike it.

I did lots of art, on deviant art, furaffinity, and another I forgot name of. 

Example of my work (SFW):

yourdeer_by_shadowitami-d5ym2l7.jpg

Nea Rose Symphony

That is nice Yato! I'd post my art here directly but idk how. Hm. www.furaffinity.net/user/neapolitan_cat/

Let's see if this works

my fursona is a wolf named jewel

her personality is well

she basically acts like myself, an introverted artist wannabe

i found the fandom simply by browsing youtube and i found a small channel which inspired me to make my own furry character

man, jewel used to be so edgy those days

i know on the internet other people who draw furries and were pretty ok with each other

the only thing i dislike is yiff art and the fact that people outside of the community think that all of us are just a bunch of zoophiles when thats not true

not all furries draw sexual stuff

i do post content mostly on animation art + map amino, sometimes deviantart

nothing special really, just mediocre scribbles

Nea Rose Symphony

I'm pretty mediocre too, trying to get better. Can't wait to afford a fursuit

My fursona is a fox named Keilah (or Kei to their friends). Their personality is pretty much the same as mine except maybe a little more friendly and out going. Basically Keilah is how I wish I was.

I found the fandom by clicking a link on one forum that led to another forum that had furry-based stories and art on it. One thing led to another after that.

One of the things I love the most about the fandom is how inclusive and welcoming it is. Also, the art. I wish I had a quarter of the talent of some of the artists I follow (Koul, A Blue Deer, Lukiri). Alas, my skills with paper and pencil are best described as stick figures with tails and ears.

Nea Rose Symphony
1 hour ago, Keilah said:

My fursona is a fox named Keilah (or Kei to their friends). Their personality is pretty much the same as mine except maybe a little more friendly and out going. Basically Keilah is how I wish I was.

I found the fandom by clicking a link on one forum that led to another forum that had furry-based stories and art on it. One thing led to another after that.

One of the things I love the most about the fandom is how inclusive and welcoming it is. Also, the art. I wish I had a quarter of the talent of some of the artists I follow (Koul, A Blue Deer, Lukiri). Alas, my skills with paper and pencil are best described as stick figures with tails and ears.

Thank you for responding. It does take years of practice to get good at any subject

I was wondering if there was furries here.
I'm a Wolf (also therian, but thats another discussion)
Here's a pic of me from Scotiacon (2015 I think)
C_1X0qpXsAA7k_Q.jpg

Nea Rose Symphony
6 hours ago, Raven Luni said:

I was wondering if there was furries here.
I'm a Wolf (also therian, but thats another discussion)
Here's a pic of me from Scotiacon (2015 I think)
C_1X0qpXsAA7k_Q.jpg

Nice! I wish I had enough for a fursuit

Hello nice furries of this thread :)

I know very little about the furry fandom and want to learn more. I wonder if any of you can recommend me things to read online which are introductory and ace-friendly.

(It's because I met some very nice furries at a manga/anime convention and would like to understand what's important to them.)

Thank you :3

Yay!
Well it seems someone made a thread for us
And dare I say? I am very grateful
You wouldn't believe how often people fuss--
Or how freely they says things that are hateful
I am a Hare; a shaman bun
This is not only a fur-personality
I roleplay and write-- and it's loads of fun
So my moniker has dual functionality!
I dont have a straight answer on this fandom I have come to find
I like the fandom for more than one reason
But something confuses me about the others that reside
For many, their vice requires scheduled browser history deletion
BUT! If you bored? I have a link for you to click
It is of me- or at least a portrait
You'll come to find I look snazzy (you know, for a wallflower chick)
And well...That seems to be the gist of it!

http://i.imgur.com/P1f4omW.png
Okay, byebye!

Nea Rose Symphony
9 hours ago, Leolith said:

Hello nice furries of this thread :)

I know very little about the furry fandom and want to learn more. I wonder if any of you can recommend me things to read online which are introductory and ace-friendly.

(It's because I met some very nice furries at a manga/anime convention and would like to understand what's important to them.)

Thank you :3

Well, you base a character of yourself after an animal species you relate to or like the most. This can be human form or feral form. You may or may not dress up as your animal likeness. If you like mythical animals more, there are others to create, such as a furry created Dutch angel dragons as an open species  (they're cute)

• 4 weeks later...

My fursonas: Deriek (a kirin can be shy at times ) Thomas ( a Canadian lynx who happens to be a gothic fashion blogger and can be very energetic) Winston (a dark grey canine can be rough tempered but can be friendly)

How I got into it: I've always been a fan of anthro animals thanks to animation but I found out about it on a tv show back when I was in middle school

Likes and Dislikes: the creativity of the fandom as well as the concept of fursuiting  dislikes is mostly non G or PG artwork

Do I draw: I do draw (I actually drew my icon which is of deriek himself) as for social media I don't have an art site account of any sort

Nea Rose Symphony
9 hours ago, thegreatwolf said:

My fursonas: Deriek (a kirin can be shy at times ) Thomas ( a Canadian lynx who happens to be a gothic fashion blogger and can be very energetic) Winston (a dark grey canine can be rough tempered but can be friendly)

How I got into it: I've always been a fan of anthro animals thanks to animation but I found out about it on a tv show back when I was in middle school

Likes and Dislikes: the creativity of the fandom as well as the concept of fursuiting  dislikes is mostly non G or PG artwork

Do I draw: I do draw (I actually drew my icon which is of deriek himself) as for social media I don't have an art site account of any sort

Oh cool, I draw too. In fact I drew my profile pic (it's of my boyfriend and I)

8 hours ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

Oh cool, I draw too. In fact I drew my profile pic (it's of my boyfriend and I)

Your drawing is really well drawn love the aurora in the background

Nea Rose Symphony
4 hours ago, thegreatwolf said:

Your drawing is really well drawn love the aurora in the background

Thanks! I drew the aurora because my boo is an aurora husky

Hihi all! Thanks for making this thread! My fursona is an Iberian Lynx called Devin, or Dev for short. (I'm also lynx therian.) ^-^ I've been in the fandom a while now, but its always fun to meet new friends. I have a fursuit partial made by my boyfriend. I can link you to my FA if you want to see that suit. He's called Shades-Of-Grey. My boyfriend is also making my lynx into a partial for me. I'm hoping to run around as a lynx this Halloween. ^_^

Nea Rose Symphony
13 hours ago, DevinLynx said:

Hihi all! Thanks for making this thread! My fursona is an Iberian Lynx called Devin, or Dev for short. (I'm also lynx therian.) ^-^ I've been in the fandom a while now, but its always fun to meet new friends. I have a fursuit partial made by my boyfriend. I can link you to my FA if you want to see that suit. He's called Shades-Of-Grey. My boyfriend is also making my lynx into a partial for me. I'm hoping to run around as a lynx this Halloween. ^_^

You're so lucky to have a partial! I hope to get one of Nea someday once my career is set

6 hours ago, Neapolitan_Cat said:

You're so lucky to have a partial! I hope to get one of Nea someday once my career is set

Suiting is really fun! I hope you do get one! What does Nea look like? I love looking at fursona designs.

I once wore my Fursona hoody to a beer fest, and everyone thought I was a Pokemon. But I was too scared to say anything about what it actually was xD 

3 minutes ago, Yato said:

I once wore my Fursona hoody to a beer fest, and everyone thought I was a Pokemon. But I was too scared to say anything about what it actually was xD 

I've never been to a beerfest (not a big drinker) but I can understand the hesitation you faced with the hoodie situation. 

I usually only drink like once a year, a single drink on new years eve. There's a furmeet then near me. 

I want a fursona hoodie. I would wear it when I would be uncomfortable in  fursuit. Who made yours, if I may ask?

6 minutes ago, DevinLynx said:

I've never been to a beerfest (not a big drinker) but I can understand the hesitation you faced with the hoodie situation. 

I usually only drink like once a year, a single drink on new years eve. There's a furmeet then near me. 

I want a fursona hoodie. I would wear it when I would be uncomfortable in  fursuit. Who made yours, if I may ask?

You should hit up Apoxsan, you can get custom made ones for pretty cheap. 

(Bonus if you can guess what fursona hoody in her gallery is mine)

7 minutes ago, Yato said:

You should hit up Apoxsan, you can get custom made ones for pretty cheap. 

(Bonus if you can guess what fursona hoody in her gallery is mine)

I'm no good at guessing games but these look like really nice hoodies. I'll have to see if I can get one when their commissions open! Thank you!

2 minutes ago, DevinLynx said:

I'm no good at guessing games but these look like really nice hoodies. I'll have to see if I can get one when their commissions open! Thank you!

No problem! I hope you enjoy it when you get one! 

Nea Rose Symphony
3 hours ago, DevinLynx said:

Suiting is really fun! I hope you do get one! What does Nea look like? I love looking at fursona designs.

Nea is the cat in my profile pic. I've only tried on my bf's Rockus 1.0 fursona partial but imagine me being my fursona with his! Eeeh!

Nea Rose Symphony
3 hours ago, Yato said:

3 hours ago, DevinLynx said:

Fursona hoodie, like a kigu?

Archived