How do you meet partners?

Wolf27

ChickenPadSeeEew

My most successful have been through slow, long-term friendships, which I've met through other friends or situations (uni, for example). I didn't know I was demisexual at the time, but I always made my partners wait a loooong time before sex. It was a good way for me to give myself a chance to develop feelings (which in almost every case didn't happen), but also to work out who was going to be understanding, patient, accepting, and most of all, respectful. The one partner who 'survived' (LOL) that wait the best is still my partner, decades later! 

If I was looking for someone now, I'd look to aven or asexual dating apps. Or I'd use other online dating apps and be upfront about myself and what I was looking forward. That's supposed to be the beauty of those apps, no guess work! But being demi, I'd imagine friends made through friends, or my existing friends, would be my best route to a romantic and potentially sexual relationship. 

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

I don't find partners.

my bf is my second relationship (I'm 27, too), and before that, we were best friends. so we have been knowing each other for much longer.

I've met people in a variety of ways, there's so many ways too meet people and not all of them are the obvious paths...I actually met my current boyfriend on this website! 

In the past I used Tinder which was honestly a pretty crappy experience for me and led to a bunch of bad dates and one really crappy boyfriend. But I've heard some people have luck with it...I wouldn't count it out! 

Before Tinder existed I really only had one boyfriend who I was matched up with by a friend...it wasn't bad or anything, he was decently nice but no sparks...one warning with being matched up though is that if you break up with the person it can create some temporary awkwardness in your circle of friends :P

So I guess there are a lot of ways to meet people, not always the usual ways either! There are a lot of dating sites that aren't Tinder or Match.com that you can use, and I guess the traditional going to a bar and flirting probably works (not that I've ever tried it :P

Also I may be biased but I actually think this forum is a great place to meet people! The people on here are really nice from what I've experienced so if there's someone you've been massaging who you like...give it a shot! :)

Archived