Help

I am pretty sure that I am asexual but all these posts I see about it on google and tumblr make me think that maybe I'm wrong I dont know... My mom tells me its not a real thing but I read a comic on webtoons called always human and its about 2 girls who fall in love and one of the girls friends is ace and I didnt know that was even a thing I didnt know what it was so I looked it up and kinda felt like that was me I need help help

11 hours ago, Lamkirk said:

What makes you think you're asexual and what makes you think you're not? 

I'm perfectly fine with not having sex for the rest of my like I find the whole act gross and would rather take a nap but like I read a post and it says asexuals have sex and do this and that and I get confused I dont know its hard to explain my mindset

Hello and welcome, Koalacraft. Have some cake! :cake:

Asexuality is a real thing, but don't try to convince your mom. She probably wouldn't believe you, and your efforts would be wasted.

Asexuals can have sex. Some like it, some don't, others don't care. Some have it, others don't.

What's important are your feelings, not labels. There is a definition of asexuality: not feeling sexual attraction/desire towards anyone. But there is absolutely no list of things that an asexual has to do in order to be asexual. If you feel that the definition applies to you, then you can call yourself asexual. Just some things to remember:

• Sexuality is fluid, it can change over time. You might be asexual now, but maybe not five years from now. So be open about your feelings. If you realize that you experience sexual attraction in the future, then drop the label and accept your feelings, rather than trying to suppress them.
  • Choose well which people you want to come out to. Your mom, for example, might give you a hard time and say things that upset you. That copuld happen with others as well. It's not necessary to tell anyone if you don't want to.

Hope that helps. Good luck!