Is it okay for grace/demi people to march with asexuals during pride?

ConfusedButHere

ConfusedButHere

Ok;;;;;;;; this question probably sounds hella dumb honestly. I'm just a young person struggling with her identity and I just recently have taken on the label of demi and I'm trying to explore more about it. And it's really confusing trying to figure out where I exactly belong? There's discourse over if aces can be part of the LGBT+ community, complete erasure of aces, and etc. etc. But on top of that I think I've heard that (some) aces don't really like being grouped together with demis/graces and it's just confusing? I just want a way to find and relate to people like me, but all the discourse makes it hard without feeling like I'm intruding or whatever.

But all in all, this question is mainly hypothetical for me because I seriously doubt my dad or my family in general would allow me to go to a pride parade :/

Yes. I think it's okay for anyone to march with asexuals during pride though, just in the same way that's it's fine for straight people to march with gays during pride. 

A mere monkey

I don't think there should be any problem. As long as you're not causing trouble, everyone is free to join

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'll march with anyone that requires support for a good cause ;) , it's a human thing too to stand with others, the more the better. Also, I think, gray-a and demi are part of the asexual umbrella, so... we may be invited too? maybe? please? :P I can bring cake!!!  :cake:

Oh!! And welcome to Aven!! :)  I see now this  was your first post. :P

I'm pretty sure it's fine. ^_^

It may kind of depend on the people in whatever area you are in. That's what I have found is true for Asexuality being accepted by LGBTQ+; some people welcome aces in and others don't.

However, I have found aces rather accepting of grace and demi. It's true that some argue that grace/demi aren't ace but I don't think those who believe that are unaccepting, they just want to make the labels clear. Grace/demi may still find they have more in common with ace than sexuals, so they should feel welcome in the ace community :)

Grumpy Alien
5 hours ago, Debaser said:

Yes. I think it's okay for anyone to march with asexuals during pride though, just in the same way that's it's fine for straight people to march with gays during pride. 

I agree with this. I think it's okay to for anyone to march in support at Pride.

5 hours ago, Iam-me said:

so... we may be invited too? maybe? please? :P I can bring cake!!!  :cake:

I was going to say no but your offer of cake is too good to turn down :P

Seriously demi, grace and similar would be welcomed to any I'm involved in, with or without cake, if I was in a march (not done one due to other commitments).

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
21 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

I was going to say no but your offer of cake is too good to turn down :P

Seriously demi, grace and similar would be welcomed to any I'm involved in, with or without cake, if I was in a march (not done one due to other commitments).

I rather add, I know my presence can be good enough (right! LOL haha!), but cake unites everybody, no matter race, age, sex, gender, religion...  

nanogretchen4

Lots of allies can and do march in the Pride parade. I've never heard of an actual sexual orientation test to participate.

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I'm very ace. Ace, almost completely aro(and kind of sceptical of whether I was just in denial when I thought I was attracted to someone), and sex averse. I appoint myself the gatekeeper.
Suuuuuure ^_^ go to whatever you want, ace, a-spec, aro, aro-spec, it's all good :D

Also there will definitely be acer people than me. Which is why gatekeeping makes no sense whatsoever. At some point I'll say I like some girl's hair and someone who doesn't feel aesthetic attraction either will throw me out as well otherwise ;)

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Sure, why not? We're still part of the spectrum after all. If you feel and want to attent then go for it! It's all just about your personal experience and identity so no one must ever tell you what to do.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Sure! Gray asexuality and demisexuality are apart of the asexual spectrum! :)

Archived