Am I asexual or just complacent with my dating life?

chronicsingleitis

chronicsingleitis

As far as I've known, I've never had the desire to date. Having social anxiety contributes to that somewhat. Makes asking people out all the more difficult. But sometimes I feel like even if I were asked on a date by someone I like, I would have no interest in actually following through with those plans. I've developed crushes on many people over the course of my life and even had 1 or 2 relationships in between, but I was never 100% committed to being in one. Sometimes it feels more like I'm attracted to the idea of being in a relationship with an idea of a person rather than actually going through the motions with them. Where sexual attraction is concerned, I practically have none; although, sometimes, very rarely, I feel sexually attracted to the people I take a strong liking to. Is this what being ace is about? 

Since you experience sexual attraction very rarely, you may not be strictly asexual but you may fall somewhere on the spectrum due to your decreased interest in sex and romance. You may need to get to know someone very well before you're all that interested in them like some demiromantic/sexual individuals here. I'm likely aromantic and asexual so I'm not the best analogue to you, but, hopefully more people comment so you can get a feel for how your feelings compare to others on the site 🙂. Welcome btw 👋🙂🎂.

Hello and welcome to these forums, chronicsingleitis. Have some cake! :cake:

Only you can decide which labels fit you. Some things you might want to read up on could be lithromantic and demisexual.

I can't tell what being ace is about, because I don't think I am one :-) I hope you'll find some answers here.

Janus the Fox

I've always kept a very socially passive personality and have never actively sought a relationship myself and even until a relationship happened, the social an relational activity is largely one sided and I keep committed to a relationship to its full length until feelings from both of us has run it's course.