• Ewwwww apples
    • Holy crap how many apples are there?!
    • I dunno -- I've never really noticed any differences
    • Not entirely convinced half of these are even real
    • Any apple as long as it's in a pie
    • The red one?
    • oranges > apples

This poll is closed to new votes

I really like apples and am kind of an apple snob. I'm curious to hear what everyone's apple preferences are. Please choose up to 3 answers total. There aren't any right answers, except that there are a few wrong answers. 

Have fun!!

Lord Jade Cross

When I read half these names, all I could think about was the Apple Family from MlP FIM, does that count?

Fuji, Pink lady, and Jazz. ^_^

Scottthespy

The pole requires at least one from each section, but all of my favorites are in the first...So I just took 'northern spy' since...y'know...

Grumpy Alien

I don't like apples

The red one? lol Whenever I buy them from the store I just get red ones.

J. van Deijck

I've checked Idared because despite of my hate for apples, these were the only ones I've ever truly enjoyed.

I even used to have an Idared tree in my garden, back in time when I actually had a garden near my house.

Granny Smith, no apple is even close to as good as a granny smith, at least not any I've tasted and can remember... 

I think the second best is probably this kinda small apple that was softer then a granny smith and yellow and red that my school always had, not sure it's name , I think it's Gala though... I don't really like golden delicious and red delicious I find boring and both aren't sour enough.. the other ones I don't have an opinion on.. 

Not gonna lie, I was gonna pick "the red one...?" before I notice Granny Smith, Supreme Empress of all the apples on the list. 

No idea what any of those mean. I like green apples best.

Voted "holy crap", "not entirely convinced" and "continued" :D

I like fuji and pink lady apples the best tbh.  I find them at Trader Joe's, and they are a perfect mix of savory and sweet and crispy to have with peanut butter.  I can't stand red delicious because they are way too sweet and the skin is just... nooooo

cavalier080854

Granny Smiths, Pink Ladies and Jazz.

Why is there no Bramley, you have to have it, it makes the best Apple Pies.

chair jockey

I get a real, noticeable mood boost from Royal Galas. But as a patriotic Ontarian I have to vote for the locally-grown staple, Mackintosh.

Looking over the poll, it's curious that both Granny Smith and Golden Delicious score high. They couldn't possibly be more different from each other!

Sage Raven Domino

Out of these, my local groceries sell only Granny Smith and Golden Delicious (maybe other varieties, but I don't look at those that are much more expensive) plus some red ones. I don't mind GS. GD is too sweet. 

I only like fermented apple juice :ph34r:

everywhere and nowhere

I'm not sure. I know I don't like Granny Smiths. I prefer sweet, juicy, rather red apples, but I also feel like nowadays apples are getting worse and worse... There were a lot of good varieties earlier, and now a lot of apples feel kinda tasteless.

Sleepy Skeleton

I don't pay attention to many apples, but the ones I pick out tend to be Kiku (I like the name!), Ambrosia, or Envy. I like Gala apples as well.

Anomaly Q3Xr

Any apple as long as it's in a pie / crumble.

Personally, my favorites are Honeycrisp, SweeTango, and Cripps Pink/Pink Lady. I'm a sucker for crisp, juicy, and sweet, and these are the best IMO for these traits, though the person who developed SnapDragon and RubyFrost has promised to send me some of those apples this fall so I can try them and maybe change my mind lol. I've never liked Red Delicious because it is mealy and flavorless, and I think the reason I used to not like apples was because that was the only variety I had ever tried. I'm super surprised Granny Smith is so popular! I've never gone for sour, but more power to you if you like it! 

Archived