What kind of music do you listen to the most?

Dellakat

What type of music do you listen to the most?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. This is the longest list of genres I could come up with. If I left your favorite out ,please tell me~

• Classic rock
    • Modern pop
    • Indie rock/alternative/pop rock
    • Folk/singer songwriter
    • country/bluegrass/blues/jazz
    • Latin/hispanic
    • Metal/screamo
    • Dubstep/electronic
    • 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's
    • Rap
    • K-pop/J-pop/East Asian pop
    • Hip-hop
    • Classical/movie soundtracks
    • Religious
    • Celtic/Reggae/ethnic/traditional music of any country or race besides Hispanic or East Asian (not being racist; I've already made choices for these two~)
    • Ballads
    • Other

Somebodysomeone

Metal heads rule,  puts horns up, 

Myself melodic death metal nu metal power metal 

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Pramana said:

Alternative country, American folk, Celtic folk, psychedelic rock.

I do like some Celtic once in a while. Folk can be great too, and even sometimes bluegrass for roadtrips.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2017 at 6:03 PM, ~Smugleaf~ said:

I voted for Dubstep/Electronic, because I listen to loads of it. Some of my most listened to subgenres of electronic music are Trap/Future Bass, Electro-Swing, Progressive House (the genuine stuff from artists like deadmau5 and Matt Fax), Downtempo, Trip Hop, Chill-Hop, Chillstep (Chill Dubstep), Deep House, and Synthwave. I like a bit of everything from most subgenres though, even generally hated ones such as Dubstep and Electro House.

I also enjoy listening to Rock/Metal,  Indie Pop, Indie/Alternative Rock, and Indie Folk. Oh, and movie soundtracks as well! Basically I'll listen to anything that isn't Country, Opera, and Death Metal (besides a few bands I don't mind).

It's funny how much my music taste has changed in the last few months. I rarely listen to Electronic music anymore, with the exception of Electro Swing, Synthwave, Chillhop, trip hop, and deadmau5, because those rule. I don't listen to Indie much anymore either. Grew out of that 'phase' pretty quickly actually.

Metal and rock are now the genres that take up most of my listening time (like, at least 95% of it), along with Synthwave, Electro Swing, and orchestrated movie/vidya game soundtracks.

I listen to what speaks to me; which could be and sometimes is more about melody, beat than lyrics (though lyrics do catch my attention) and I listen to a wide variety of music.

I'm the type to like particular songs rather than artists and listen to those that get me in a "happy" place.

But, I listen to hip hop and R&B the most, with some of the songs leaning toward pop even...but I easily get tired of those. 

I agree with the sentiment that there should be a way to register multiple choices. For me, I have listened to old jazz, indie, and drone for a good number of years, but lately have gotten into 80's pop/punk and 90's pop/alt, as well as ambient techno. 

Arcade Fire

The Dream Academy

Art Blakey

Tacocat

Low

Jesus and Mary Chain

A Sunny Day in Philadelphia

REM

Allo Darlin'

Blur

Garbage

Ultravox

Fazerdaze

Lebanon Hanover

....and on and on.

• 1 month later...

My music tastes changes depending on my mood it can go from background movie scores or like elven music type of thing to instrumental, pop, punk, screamo, metal, disney and back again. 

Lol it would be easier to list what genres of music I don’t listen to often (modern pop if you’re wondering  - and by modern I mean 2012 and up. just about any pop made after 2012 is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears)  :L my tastes and interests are all over the place - currently though I guess you could say my favourites are the older AM albums and Franz Ferdinand and Joy Division - that’s rock, new wave, post punk revival, garage rock and electronic/EDM ;) 

Ya boi has changed a bit. I mostly listen to EDM and oldies these days, with some other stuff thrown in.

J. van Deijck

yay. and ya lil green boi is still much into aggrotech and powernoise and anything similar. :3

Archived