What kind of music do you listen to the most?

Dellakat

What type of music do you listen to the most?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. This is the longest list of genres I could come up with. If I left your favorite out ,please tell me~

• Classic rock
    • Modern pop
    • Indie rock/alternative/pop rock
    • Folk/singer songwriter
    • country/bluegrass/blues/jazz
    • Latin/hispanic
    • Metal/screamo
    • Dubstep/electronic
    • 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's
    • Rap
    • K-pop/J-pop/East Asian pop
    • Hip-hop
    • Classical/movie soundtracks
    • Religious
    • Celtic/Reggae/ethnic/traditional music of any country or race besides Hispanic or East Asian (not being racist; I've already made choices for these two~)
    • Ballads
    • Other

I personally listen to folk/singer songwriter the most~

Grumpy Alien

Modern pop, I guess. I don't listen to much music. In the car, it's usually whatever is in the radio.

Félinferno

I voted for Dubstep/Electronic, because I listen to loads of it. Some of my most listened to subgenres of electronic music are Trap/Future Bass, Electro-Swing, Progressive House (the genuine stuff from artists like deadmau5 and Matt Fax), Downtempo, Trip Hop, Chill-Hop, Chillstep (Chill Dubstep), Deep House, and Synthwave. I like a bit of everything from most subgenres though, even generally hated ones such as Dubstep and Electro House.

I also enjoy listening to Rock/Metal,  Indie Pop, Indie/Alternative Rock, and Indie Folk. Oh, and movie soundtracks as well! Basically I'll listen to anything that isn't Country, Opera, and Death Metal (besides a few bands I don't mind).

Just now, Iam-me said:

I don't stick to one kind

I'm the same~ I do listen to folk/singer songwriter the most, but I honestly listen to just about every genre up there except for country and metal~

J. van Deijck

aggrotech.

the close second would be powernoise/rhythmic noise. I love all industrial in general, though.

Just now, alpha decay said:

aggrotech.

the close second would be powernoise/rhythmic noise. I love all industrial in general, though.

I've never heard of any of those. Do you have any reccomendations that I could listen to? I love finding new music ^-^

J. van Deijck
Just now, Dellakat said:

I've never heard of any of those. Do you have any reccomendations that I could listen to? I love finding new music ^-^

I'm not sure if you'd like it, but if you wish, feel free to check out this thread:

5 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

I'm not sure if you'd like it, but if you wish, feel free to check out this thread:

That does stand out from other music genres. It's like dubstep, hard rock, electronic, and indie pop rock kind of mixed together, correct me if I'm wrong; I just watched a few of the videos in the thread, and that's my take on it~ Thank you for showing it to me! I'll add it to my mental list of genres~

cavalier080854

You should have had the poll with multiple choices. I had to really think which I preferred the most at this moment in my life. Few people have just one choice in music as we are bombarded with multiple sources of music. 🤔

I went with indie rock/alternative/pop rock because that probably covers the majority of the music I like to listen to, but I listen to some pop and industrial metal as well. I like most things that have a good beat, a catchy tune and are fun to sing along to :)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

If you look at my gif ye can guess.. :P I listen to mostly Nordic and Scandinavian death mmetal bands and Amon Amarth is my most favorite. 

metal, mostly folk and (melo)death metal, with also power metal mixed into the mix... (though I don't really listen to screamo...) 

Video game soundtracks, but I love pagan folk, ambient, classical and synthwave too. :) (and I like many other genres)

J. van Deijck
4 hours ago, Dellakat said:

That does stand out from other music genres. It's like dubstep, hard rock, electronic, and indie pop rock kind of mixed together, correct me if I'm wrong; I just watched a few of the videos in the thread, and that's my take on it~ Thank you for showing it to me! I'll add it to my mental list of genres~

thanks for the feedback! :3 industrial has some variety within, so if you check out the whole thread, you'll find more layers :D

it counts as electronic music, but it's somewhat parallel to metal - in the meaning that both genres are dark and aggressive. the typical difference is which instruments are used for each. :P

I like all kinds of music and it runs in cycles ( with the exception of my favorite band Primus I listen to them all the time) but right now I'm in a dark country/singer/songwriter mode. I have The Handsome Family and Marissa Nadler on random repeat. The both have that haunting, ghost like tinge to their music and I love it. But there are others too but they are my main fixes at the moment.

It depends on my mood really. Sometimes I'll be listening to a bunch of metal, then a few hours later I'll be listening to rap. I also like electronic, video game and anime soundtracks, vocaloid, R&B, alternative rock, sometimes even pop as a guilty pleasure.

Musical Theater Cast Recordings, The Beatles, ABBA, Film Scores (Disney and HTTYD1/2)..

Most played according to my iTunes... 

Dragon Racing (HTTYD 2 soundtrack) 
Hiccup the Chief/Drago's coming (HTTYD 2 soundtrack) 
Where No One Goes (HTTYD 2)  

20 minutes ago, Toothlesss said:

Hiccup the Chief

That track is so good tho, especially the last minute.  My favorites are Toothless Found and Two New Alphas, played back to back :)  It's great for runs! 

The HTTYD soundtracks are one of my favorites ever, and I have a buttload of soundtrack scores on my phone.  The first movie came out when I was 15 and it solidified it as one of my favorite animated films.  A lot of Dreamworks scores I grew up on, like HTTYD, like Spirit SotC, which was a childhood favorite, which I found ironic since I grew up on diet-Disney.

I listen to metal the most as my favorite genre of music (and I'm pleased to see that there's a lot of metalheads in this thread too), but I will pretty much listen to anything.  I have anything from Marina and the Diamonds to Thy Art is Murder, I don't discriminate lol

My playlists can range from hard dance to orchestral suite to rock to Enya to electro house and most of the time I'm just focused on the song itself and less of the genre 🙃

MiraMeyneth

Video Game OSTs and Vocaloid.

My preference is the polar opposite of my sibling though, I was more of an electronic type person and my sibling was more into 60s-80s music.

SpaceDustbin

80s! At work and at home I'm almost permanently tuned in to Absolute 80s (or my daily Spotify list, which has surprisingly turned into 90% 80s music :lol: )

13 hours ago, Toothlesss said:

Dragon Racing (HTTYD 2 soundtrack) 
Hiccup the Chief/Drago's coming (HTTYD 2 soundtrack) 
Where No One Goes (HTTYD 2) 

Dude... John Powell is like my favorite movie soundtrack composer. His work in HTTYD and HTTYD 2 is absolutely stunning. I listen to it all the time, as well. I also like his work that he did with Hans Zimmer in the first 2 Kung Fu Panda movies~

everywhere and nowhere

Mostly two kinds: ethnic music (mostly Eastern - Indian, Arabic, Chinese...) and psychedelic rock (original late 60s psychedelic rock and modern continuations).

A few favorite artists: Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Doors, 13th Floor Elevators, Fit & Limo (amazing psychedelic folk with lots of instruments), Maria Pomianowska (classic celloist turned traditional music explorer), Magic Carpathians Project, Osjan (Polish 70s meditative ethnic music)...

I'm the kind of person who will listen to everything. Though what I like usually depends upon my mood. If sad, usually metal music.. or just in general really. And then if happy, Pop music, Latin music, etc. 

J. van Deijck

I see more metalheads than industrial people here :o

Metal when I properly want to listen to music, usually something ambient/chill/smooth jazzy if I only want something in the background while I'm concentrating on work/etc.

Sage Raven Domino
8 hours ago, alpha decay said:

I see more metalheads than industrial people here :o

Isn't heavy metal more popular than industrial music in the world in general?

On my other forums, I see a lot of metalheads and even dedicated metal threads. Of course, plenty of people listen to electronic music, but only a small portion of them is into the industrial variety, it seems.

As for the poll, I'm abstaining from it for now, as my musical orientation is yet to be determined. (Most of the stuff that I listen to isn't considered true metal.)

Archived