Came out to some of my friends and it feels great

DougieTheDog

DougieTheDog

So I was just chatting with two of my friends and one of their girlfriends. The subject of out conversation shifted to sexuality at some point and I thought I should just tell them. It turns out my friend's girlfriend is bi and so they both knew pretty much more than I do yet about asexuality.

It was really cool finding out that some of my friends just understand it and support me. At that point we just chatted about a whole bunch of lgbt topics for almost 2 hours and it was honestly a really healthy conversation to have had.

I guess you never know who might understand it so well. Sorry if there are typos I didn't notice or the formatting is bad, i'm on mobile.

TL;DR: Came out to some close friends and they understood really well.

shinigami1875

hooray!!O.O

"Coming out" does feel really good. When I first realized my asexuality I was a little shy about owning up in public. I thought people would misunderstand or misjudge. I was wrong. Things do get better when you come out(^○^)

Came out out to my group of friends not long ago as well. I have a pretty dark sense of humor and now I can joke about this as well. It's great. 

Archived