Questions for Female to Male transsexuals

IntellectualAsexual

IntellectualAsexual

What is it like to get a sex change? Why did you do it?  Is it difficult to be a male or not? 

AVEN #1 fan

I'm not an FTM but being a women is not horrible at all as people say it, actually women have a ton of privileges which men don't in many cultures at different times. Actually being a western or oriental woman is not the same as being an third or second world woman.

Trans women discuss their privileges of being a  women in general: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=226346.0

But as for Trans men , their only problem usually is passing and their bodies (problems of being Trans in general like having anxiety, doing modifications that are not really researched on and can cause them pain, rely on drugs , doctors, binders , etc).If they pass and are socially viewed as men , usually nobody even notice the difference BTW them and the cis.

ChillaKilla
2 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Actually being a western or oriental woman

Many Asians, like myself, would prefer not to be called "oriental" because of its historical negative connotations. Objects like rugs are oriental, people are Asian. 

AVEN #1 fan
3 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Many Asians, like myself, would prefer not to be called "oriental" because of its historical negative connotations. Objects like rugs are oriental, people are Asian. 

all right, perdon *eastern Asians

IntellectualAsexual

I particularly wanted to know about the processes involved. What does it feel like to take testosterone? What are its effects? How long does it take? Do you grow taller or remain the same height? Do they grow penises? 

ChillaKilla

You know, a lot of these questions could be answered by google... Additionally, some of what you say, terminology-wise, could be considered insensitive (particularly "transsexual" "sex change").

^^^^^^^

I know you probably don't mean any harm by these questions, but yes anything that you asked can be answered here: http://www.ftmguide.org/

*winces*

Most of us prefer the term transgender for reasons easily explained via web search. Also the operation is more often referred to as GRS and there's more than one kind and not all transmasc folx get any form of it.

AVEN #1 fan
5 hours ago, IntellectualAsexual said:

I particularly wanted to know about the processes involved. What does it feel like to take testosterone? What are its effects? How long does it take? Do you grow taller or remain the same height? Do they grow penises? 

Okay, you wanna know the changes ?

Alright

• You may grow taller if your bones didn't fuse yet and you're young (before 23 years old average)
  • your voice can deepen
  • You can get an adam's apple
  • You can get facial hair and tons of body hair in all kinds of places
  • You can get baldness
  • Your skin can get oiler and more dense and less smooth
  • Your pee and sweat can change smell
  • Your menses can stop
  • You can become sterile , if not just infertile, you can still become pregnant in some cases
  • Your vagina can atrophy and get less lubrificanted,  sex can become painful, yeast infections can  become more common
  • Your uterus can atrophy, the endometrium can become cancerous
  • Your ovaries can get small cysts, ovarian cancer chance gets smaller apparently
  • Your clitóris can grow in size, you get erections more often
  • YYour boobs can get smaller and saggier
  • Breast cancer chances can get smaller
  • Fat can redistributes to masculine locations, manly face and smaller hips
  • Muscle mass can grow, your shoulders broaden
  • You can feel more libido, less lazy and less emotional , you can become depressed or aggressive
  • Your blood cell count can become higher
  • Your liver can have problems, your stomach too, you can be allergic to the meds
  • You can get migraines, sleep apnea,  diabetes
  • You can get masculine related diseases more easily like heart stroke , live shorter too
  • Feminine diseases get rarer , some disappear

You can expect all changes to appear in the first year if you're on a regular dose.

TBh,  don't be scared, cis women and Trans women have it harder,

50 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

TBh,  don't be scared, cis women and Trans women have it harder,

You have NO idea how much damage you are causing with that very statement of yours.You stated you have no clue what it's like to be FTM trans so the last thing you should say is that they don't have it as difficult as cis and trans women because you have no idea what difficulties they experience on a daily base. You say you are trans so you must have a clue it's not ok to invalidate others like that.Fact that you just stated this is mindblowing.

AVEN #1 fan
26 minutes ago, Jayce said:

You have NO idea how much damage you are causing with that very statement of yours.You stated you have no clue what it's like to be FTM trans so the last thing you should say is that they don't have it as difficult as cis and trans women because you have no idea what difficulties they experience on a daily base. You say you are trans so you must have a clue it's not ok to invalidate others like that.Fact that you just stated this is mindblowing.

I forgot to add the "biologically speaking".... cis and Trans women have higher risk of dying tragically. Anyway,  I'm sorry.... I was trying to balance what I said about the disadvantages of being a Trans man biologically.

• 2 weeks later...
IntellectualAsexual

Can female to male transsexuals actually impregnate another female? Can a male to female actually get impregnated by another male?

54 minutes ago, IntellectualAsexual said:

Can female to male transsexuals actually impregnate another female? Can a male to female actually get impregnated by another male?

Short anwser: no.

Long anwser: however, an FAAB individual can have their egg carried by someone else, with yet another person's sperm. And all transsexual people can have genetic children before treatment, like their birth sex, or until they get infertile in the course of that. Later on, they can use their gamets as well, if they freeze them.

11 hours ago, IntellectualAsexual said:

No. And "another female"/"another male"? Seriously? Trans women are women. Trans men are men. End of story.

And again, transsexual is by far not a term most of us are fond of.

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

Honestly while you can ask questions like "since femininity is viewed as a trait of a weaker/less valued class of people, is it considered more socially acceptable to adopt masculine traits?", just going out there and saying one group of trans people has it easy is a huge generalisation. See the former makes a comment on how society is more likely to treat certain traits, but the latter makes a huge number of claims as to the lives and experiences of trans people. For example, it completely erases the fact that there are feminine presenting trans men. Would they be accepted as easily? As much as it's important to recognise that trans women and AMAB transfeminine or less masculine presenting non binary people also experience transmisogyny, this does not justify telling trans men or masculine presenting AFAB non binary people that they have no issues. And "transsexual" is not a good word to use.

12 hours ago, IntellectualAsexual said:

I think the correct terms are AFAB and AMAB (a female at birth, a male at birth). I'm still struggling to use the correct terms too. Out of habit I say female and male referring to private bits, and man and woman for what they identify as. But I'm not sure how correct that is. I'm trying to change but it's habit just because that's how I talk about myself. I am not a woman/girl but I am female.

On 8/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, ChillaKilla said:

No. And "another female"/"another male"? Seriously? Trans women are women. Trans men are men. End of story.

And again, transsexual is by far not a term most of us are fond of.

I when I refer to other people regardless of gender, I often say other/another. it is similar to how I often would say "we" instead of "you" or "I" - it is inclusive. regardless of gender, we are all human - and this is why I sometimes say "we" or "other men"

25 minutes ago, Teagan1 said:

I when I refer to other people regardless of gender, I often say other/another. it is similar to how I often would say "we" instead of "you" or "I" - it is inclusive. regardless of gender, we are all human - and this is why I sometimes say "we" or "other men"

Maybe, and I get that possibility, but the fact that OP said "ANother" as opposed to "other", plus considering the previous posts by them in the thread...

Archived