Things Asexuals hate to hear

1 minute ago, Phoenix the II said:

You can turn this around, "Really? Sex is everything you need? You're life must be so boring that you're always searching for this."

That's because some like to think with their wee wee :lol: 

4 hours ago, Emanresu Yllisa said:

Oh, that and hearing from a friend that someone I'd been talking to thought they could "turn" me. 

Ok, this is no different than lesbians being told by men that they just "haven't tried dick" or suggesting to "give some", or a woman telling a gay man. This is sexual harassment and any time ANY of you experience this, it needs to be called out. I am very sorry you've all had to stand there and take this but next time, call them out because it's no different.

*hugs to all <3

• Like 6
Just now, Jayce said:

That's because some like to think with their wee wee :lol: 

They're so shallow, that even in deep water it's noticeable they're shallow with their thing sticking out of it... :lol: 

J. van Deijck
6 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

You can turn this around, "Really? Sex is everything you need? You're life must be so boring that you're always searching for this."

I love this answer.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

"It's just a phase. Get over it"

"It's just because of your meds. It's not who you really are"

Idiots. I always felt this way. I just didn't realize it as something normal because I didn't know that there's a word or community for it till last year.

You define who you are. And I'm very glad you found this group. Hopefully it has served you well. 

• Like 3

"You're missing hormones" 

"Oh that's cause you're just young and innocent"

"Someday you'll meet some special guy and you'll like it" 

"You're gonna die alone"

• Like 5

"Oh you're a guy so you have to like sex to be masculine."

"Sex will somehow fix all your issues cause of course all your issues stem from being a virgin."

"You're such a loser cause you don't have girls surrounding you every second of the day."

Just paraphrasing some of the general sentiments you gotta deal with when you're a guy who doesn't give a crap about sex.

• Like 6
Hermit Advocate

"You have to have sex because you have to have kids."

"Well, you're a woman, you're not supposed to like sex anyways."

"You're being selfish."

And as always: "don't worry, you'll find someone who will change your mind."

I don't understand how people can get so offended because you're not having sex with anyone.

• Like 13
6 hours ago, StormySky said:

"You're missing hormones" 

"Oh that's cause you're just young and innocent"

"Someday you'll meet some special guy and you'll like it" 

"You're gonna die alone"

Omg that last one made me laugh xD

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
56 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

I don't understand how people can get so offended because you're not having sex with anyone.

same. 

like, who actually cares about such things? is it even their business at all?

• Like 8
J. van Deijck
5 hours ago, Laplace said:

"Sex will somehow fix all your issues cause of course all your issues stem from being a virgin."

"You're such a loser cause you don't have girls surrounding you every second of the day."

Just paraphrasing some of the general sentiments you gotta deal with when you're a guy who doesn't give a crap about sex.

...sounds familiar. ._.

55 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

"You have to have sex because you have to have kids."

"Well, you're a woman, you're not supposed to like sex anyways."

"You're being selfish."

And as always: "don't worry, you'll find someone who will change your mind."

Freaking yes! Why is this a problem for people? Never understood. The saddest thing to me is even the gay community have said many of these things to me and I justbstare at them like..."It's incredible how you of all people would ask these stupid questions".

And, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to. 

• Like 9

"You just haven't met the right woman yet."

"This is just because of the divorce."

"Just give it time."

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Laplace said:

To impose this sex hungry, desperate machine stereotype on a guy angers me incredibly. I'd MUCH rather have a conversation with a guy that's not constantly objectifying women, talking about tits, staring at a girl's butt, etc. It amazes me that these people seriously can't deal with a guy who's just not interested in sex. Society sucks. 

• Like 7
To Each Their Own
2 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

So very much this! Where did this come from? Is because I'm not having sex with "you" or because I'm not going to breed and add to the variety in the gene pool? Like, I seriously do. not. get. it. 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Keakin said:

I avoid it at all costs but if I can't divert the conversation, that's when I get these stupid remarks and questions. 

I would just say whatever ends the conversation. For example, usually I think agreeing with people is the way to go if that means that it will end conflict. I would just say that you're not interested in marriage and kids right now rather than that you will never be interested in either. You could say you're focusing on other things, like your career. As for making sex jokes, you could learn some really cringy ones and then when they ask you could tell them and they might just ask you to never tell one again.

3 hours ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I would just say whatever ends the conversation. For example, usually I think agreeing with people is the way to go if that means that it will end conflict. I would just say that you're not interested in marriage and kids right now rather than that you will never be interested in either. You could say you're focusing on other things, like your career. As for making sex jokes, you could learn some really cringy ones and then when they ask you could tell them and they might just ask you to never tell one again.

I just can't. I mean I respect your method and your decision to use it. But I'm not one to just stay quiet and feed people's stupidities. If I believe in something I never stay quiet. To me, agreeing and submissively nodding would seriously be degrading. If I respect their free choice of sleeping around then they will respect me. Again! I'm not saying this is you, I'm saying how saying quiet would make me feel. :)

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Keakin said:

Ok, this is no different than lesbians being told by men that they just "haven't tried dick" or suggesting to "give some", or a woman telling a gay man. This is sexual harassment and any time ANY of you experience this, it needs to be called out. I am very sorry you've all had to stand there and take this but next time, call them out because it's no different.

*hugs to all <3

To clarify, this is a person I only talk to online and the one time they did offer anything sexual I turned it down and they dropped the subject, so I don't feel threatened by them, just a little annoyed. Given the context of the conversation my friend had with this person, I doubt it was meant with any intent to try, more that they thought it was possible I might change my mind and they would be open to something if I wanted to. I agree that the wording and apparent misunderstanding of my orientation is problematic but I think it stems more from ignorance than anything else. If they ever say anything to me or my friend again directly, I'll take the opportunity to educate them. I agree that someone offering/trying to change a person's sexuality is definetly wrong, and if this person persisted in trying to persuade me or suggested my asexuality could change even after I'd spoken to them, then I would also consider it sexual harassment and call them out on it. Thank you for your concern though.

• Like 1

My personal favorite, from my mom: "Oh, you'll have to get over that if you want to get married and have kids!" <_<

• Like 5

"You're a nun."

"You belong in a nun convent."

From aces:

" We have to this and that and not do this and that because think of our image."

I hate this image talk because it's so shallow, there are so many deep ace and non ace problems going past "image" that needs to be worked on. Understanding > Image.

A lot of non aces make up their own image of aces whether it be good or bad though usually stereotypical. The people who want to police others about this you will never see them on any heavy non ace sites standing up for this community and telling them about their image and actions can negatively affect this community.

• Like 4
Enne Kristin

I give a *beeeeeeep* about others images.

3 hours ago, Saesha said:

"You're a nun."

I've been told many times that I'm gonna be a nun for not doing that. So I just tell them that according to their logic, they must be whores. Because if not doing one thing automatically makes you "this", then doing it makes you "that".

• Like 7
On 8/7/2017 at 4:31 PM, Saesha said:

"You're a nun."

Best response to this: "Yeah, I want nun of that."

... I'll see myself out.

• Like 15
Jonesythejoker

"I'm sure you'll grow out of it!" 

(nearly 18 and still only want a dog. Who needs sex when you can get dogs. Dogs are best.) 

• Like 10
shinyinternetalpaca
On 5 August 2017 at 5:29 PM, StormySky said:

"You're gonna die alone"

I'm not going to die alone. I am going to die surrounded by cats. And I am 1000% ok with this.

• Like 9
To Each Their Own

What's so bad about dying alone?

• Like 8
Hermit Advocate

"You can't be asexual, you laughed at my sex joke."

• Like 8
6 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

"You can't be asexual, you laughed at my sex joke."

OMG! I was watching a movie with a guy that used to be a friend. This woman in the movie made a sex joke and I laughed. He looked at me and said, "You like it, you just keep it a secret cause it's embarrassing." He was so sure that his tone suggested he knew me more than I know myself. I wanted to break the lap top in his face. This guy also constantly tried to change me and pressured me because he couldn't accept I was a different design. I am no longer his friend.

• Like 5