Welcome Older Asexuals

Welcome @Glamourgirl1 . I divorced in 1982 - sometimes I think it would be nice to have someone to share things with, but I've become used to the solitary life, I think I've likely become selfish over the years and would find it hard to start considering another person 

• Like 3

Hi. I’m mid 40s and have only recently realised that I’m asexual. It was the series Bojack Horseman that brought it to my attention. 

Now that I’ve had time to seriously think about it I realise that I’ve always been this way. Sex to me has always felt like a chore. However I am sex positive. My current relationship is unconventional and allows me to engage in sexual activity without it being uncomfortable for me. I’ve told my partner about my recent discovery and, while initially very confused about what it means for us, has accepted it. I’m lucky I think in the nature of our relationship as I’m definitely pro romantic. 

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself. Ps I’m in Britain, female and mid 40s. 

• Like 4

Welcome and :cake: , @Triskedog!

You might be interested in the thread for asexuals in their 40s (pinned in the "Older" forum). There's also one for "over 50", which is quite active and even some of the younger aces participate. :)

Hi! 43 here. I recently introduced myself on the Welcome pages, but wanted to say hi here as an older Ace! This definition is new to me and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I hope to make new friends online if I can't in "real life".

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Avian said:

Hi! 43 here. I recently introduced myself on the Welcome pages, but wanted to say hi here as an older Ace! This definition is new to me and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I hope to make new friends online if I can't in "real life".

Welcome and :cake: !

• Like 2

Welcome @Avian:cake::cake:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@Avian welcome to AVEN. Seeing you posting in the various forums, it would appear that you've settled in.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, will123 said:

@Avian welcome to AVEN. Seeing you posting in the various forums, it would appear that you've settled in.

Yes, it looks like I've already made myself feel right at home. Hope nobody minds if I put my feet up on the table. :D

• Like 5

New here and all those little cake pictures are making me hungry. :P 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Lunakat805 said:

Welcome to AVEN :cake: I hope you find your visits here helpful and entertaining.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lunakat805 said:

Welcome and :cake: ! (or cookies)

514141c3c392b71d066ee34c42ab46f0--the-mi

• Like 3

@Lunakat805 welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

• Like 2
22 hours ago, daveb said:

Welcome and :cake: ! (or cookies)

514141c3c392b71d066ee34c42ab46f0--the-mi

'Mitten' cookies LOL

I had to look back at Lunakat's post to see the reference. All good now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, darkgreen said:

If those are supposed to be the state of Michigan, where is the Upper Peninsula? :)

Northern Ontario stole it ;)

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, new here! I'm 36, never had sex, never had a relationship and don't feel sexually attracted to people the way others do. I am only now realising I may be asexual? I'm a bit confused and unsure.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Wiv1982 said:

Hi, new here! I'm 36, never had sex, never had a relationship and don't feel sexually attracted to people the way others do. I am only now realising I may be asexual? I'm a bit confused and unsure.

4 hours ago, Wiv1982 said:

Welcome to AVEN! You sound exactly the same as where I was in my 30s. However I didn't learn about asexuality until I was 44. You're not alone in your feelings or 'broken' as some people put it.

17 hours ago, will123 said:

Welcome to AVEN! You sound exactly the same as where I was in my 30s. However I didn't learn about asexuality until I was 44. You're not alone in your feelings or 'broken' as some people put it.

Thank you! I just feel a little lost. I just always feel so different from everyone else.

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, Wiv1982 said:

Hi and welcome

I spent most of my 38 years knowing I was different recently I worked out/accepted that I'm Asexual

I hope you find some answers

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

Hi and welcome

I spent most of my 38 years knowing I was different recently I worked out/accepted that I'm Asexual

I hope you find some answers

Thank you Andrew - I just feel lost right now. Very different to everyone else I know.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Wiv1982 said:

Thank you Andrew - I just feel lost right now. Very different to everyone else I know.

I think I know what you mean.

and I'm definitely different to everyone else I know ;)

It took me a long time to accept I was asexual, when I did I jumped into it and went to a local meet to me, met some great people and talking with people face to face that experienced similar things really helped me.

If you want to ask questions or just talk most people here are friendly, if you don't want to post publicly you can always send me (or someone else) a PM (there's a thread elsewhere where people post if they are happy to receive PM's)

regards

Andrew 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm new here too.

I'm 30 and still bad at introductions. :)

i've never been in a relationship, and never been sexually attracted to someone. It's like anyone I meet goes straight to my friendslist. Though I do want to have an romantic relationship but meeting people always feels like they wanna do you at the end of the day. It scares me. I've got no preferences on gender but I've never been curious on having sex too.

i don't really know. But nice to meet you all. :)

• Like 3

Hi - new to this kind of thing. And by "thing" I mean forum posting (?) and telling letting others know that I'm asexual. I had a hard time "figuring out" where I fit on the whole sexual spectrum, thanks to my adult daughter, I now realize there are others like me. I'd guess I am an "older" asexual, but only in numbers. I'm 49 but definitely don't act 49! 

A question I have:  I'd like to date/find a special person. How do asexuals find others like them? Does that make sense? 

• Like 3