Welcome Older Asexuals

11 hours ago, Tairaadansu said:

Did I post here? I don't remember!

Well I'm a woman in my mid-30s; who is very open-minded, tries to be optimistic, loves cats, and enjoys intelligent conversation.

That's not a good sign LOL

Welcome to the Older Asexual forum. I'm pretty sure we all said hello to you earlier.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, will123 said:

That's not a good sign LOL

Welcome to the Older Asexual forum. I'm pretty sure we all said hello to you earlier.

That's very true. After I posted I noticed the date on the last post was a month ago! So I'm in the clear

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Its very interesting, to me anyway, how sexuality has been so disected into so many colors in the last decade. Sexuality is very much a multi-colored scale, complex and personal. Finally, asexuality acnowledgement, in it's many sub-colors, will perhaps give us more social and self-acceptance.

• Like 1
Just now, Vpnrt said:

Its very interesting, to me anyway, how sexuality has been so disected into so many colors in the last decade. Sexuality is very much a multi-colored scale, complex and personal. Finally, asexuality acnowledgement, in it's many sub-colors, will perhaps give us more social and self-acceptance.

"Nothing suceeds like excess" ~ Oscar Wilde

Older and much wiser, I think. Reminds me of the adage, "Young men think old men are sill, old men know young men are silly."

• Like 1

Not particularly sure where old starts, but hello! I'm a 32-year-old demisexual, hetero-romantic if that is the terminology (I'm new at this). I'm kind of glad there are places for each age group here. About to dive into the 30-something forum.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
TheLastOfSheila
On 3/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, DebtheDemi said:

Not particularly sure where old starts, but hello! I'm a 32-year-old demisexual, hetero-romantic if that is the terminology (I'm new at this). I'm kind of glad there are places for each age group here. About to dive into the 30-something forum.

Welcome Deb!  :cake:

• Like 1

Hello. I'm new here. I'm 47, widowed, 3 cats. I am new to AVEN. I'm happy I am here. 

I have an active social life. I have been actively developing and nurturing a few close friendships within the past year. 

I am an active member of the new local bi+ support group. I recently mentioned identifying as asexual. They were accepting, even if they didn't quite understand. I felt comfortable enough with them to share this part of me with them. 

I have not "dated" in more than 10 years. I'm interested in romance and affection. A cuddle partner, or someone to stroke my hair sounds like what I would like.

How does one meet people of a like mind? (Brand new here, so I may not know all the vocabulary).

Thank you!

• Like 4

Welcome @fredarva! Yay for three cats! (I had three but now have just one remaining, an old gal of 18...) How long were you married, if you don't mind me asking? And did you identify as an asexual during that time? Don't know about meeting others of a like mind. Haven't yet met another ace face to face.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm 

48. F.

Heteroromantic.

Demigray.

South America (up to relocate, Spanish is my 1st language.

I enjoy watching Netflix and documentaries, reading(nonfiction),researching the things I'm interested in the web, work, travel.

I smoke 4 cigarettes/day, no alcohol/drugs.

Childfree, 3 cats and a doggie they are the most important in my life.

I love to cuddle, spoony sleep, hold hands, caress, massage, care my man.

Is there someone that would like to share my life?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/4/2017 at 0:00 AM, mari said:

Hi, I'm 

48. F.

Heteroromantic.

Demigray.

South America (up to relocate, Spanish is my 1st language.

I enjoy watching Netflix and documentaries, reading(nonfiction),researching the things I'm interested in the web, work, travel.

I smoke 4 cigarettes/day, no alcohol/drugs.

Childfree, 3 cats and a doggie they are the most important in my life.

I love to cuddle, spoony sleep, hold hands, caress, massage, care my man.

Is there someone that would like to share my life?

Anyone in this group seems interested I want I have to offer. Is a sad thing for

me AVEN Is the biggest community in asexuality themes.

• 5 weeks later...
DebtheDemi
On 5/3/2017 at 11:48 PM, mari said:

Anyone in this group seems interested I want I have to offer. Is a sad thing for

me AVEN Is the biggest community in asexuality themes.

I just think the activity is slow here. Don't worry. <3

Well, this is not a dating site. Some people have found partners on AVEN, but that has come about by interacting with people over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have been bush sitting and trying to figure out how things work around here so I am just going to provide a brief intro and do a little over sharing.

I think I have finally found freedom, I just need someone to tell my husband. Forgive me if I share too much, but I think, in many ways, sex has always been currency, a means to an end. Give sex to get love and other socially acceptable desires (read affection, companionship, partner and children). I haven't had any type of intimacy for more than 4 years and am essentially really happy with that, but I do want a "partner in crime" that shares experiences and the occasional hug/snuggle. I miss that. I want a friend to share life with, to maybe live with IN SEPARATE BEDROOMS. My husband thinks it's menopause.....I am generally more coherent so bear with me.

I love my children and if my husband would just stop making me feel like "less than" and just be my friend (it's close to the point where I don't even want him as a friend anymore) I could be "happy".

Anyway, still searching for what's real and enjoying the conversations I have trolled here. Thanks for being here (and not being a dating site) (and being not focussed on sex).

• Like 5

@DeLizabeth. Welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

• Like 1
Ageless Goddess

Hello, DeLizabeth.

From what I surmise, your thoughts & feelings are safe on this site. May I offer a book entitled Emotional Freedom by Dr. Judith Orloff. You may also view her youtube videos or go to her website at judithorloff.org. All her videos are free to view. Just know you are enough regardless what your husband might say. Perhaps, your husband is responding from a wound you're not aware of. As far as I'm concerned, you're not sharing too much. Support shall play an important role in your exploration of self-discovery. Namaste,

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't tell if I have introduced myself here - I know I re-introduced on another section  but I was gone for a long time and wasn't over 50 last time...I don't think. So I hope this isn't counted as spamming the board. (If it is, delete this, I won't freak)

I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Asexual lesbian and I don't really understand all the terms and fragmentations of grey and demi etc etc. It's not really an issue because I know who I am.

In between jobs because I had to go on stress leave in December and I'm going overseas for my niece's wedding in a month so nobody is going to hire someone who needs a month of right off the bat. When I come back I'll hopefully find a job. Not management position though, I just want to go to work, work and go home...not worry about staff calling in sick, budgets, forecasts and disciplining.

I'm SO done with drama in my life which includes message boards, facebook etc LOL. My mother was killed by a drunk driver a few years ago and it has just put me in a mindset of problems being so much bigger than a stranger telling me to 'not judge me, man' on social media. So I like being sociable and just chatting, engaging and getting to know people.

Love live theatre, non-fiction/biographies, theme parks, travel and diversity. Lived in Ethiopia for 6 months and Turkey for two years. I do a lot of work with M.A.D.D. and wrote a book about the past 3 years of my life .

I hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 5

Hi DeLizabeth,

appreciate your honesty... as far as I can see, sharing is part of what this site offers...  a place to offer reflection, receive support and acknowledgement of struggles of coming to terms of the shifting sand called life... we all deserve love & support :)

• Like 2
On June 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM, DeLizabeth said:

Hello everyone. I have been bush sitting and trying to figure out how things work around here so I am just going to provide a brief intro and do a little over sharing.

I think I have finally found freedom, I just need someone to tell my husband. Forgive me if I share too much, but I think, in many ways, sex has always been currency, a means to an end. Give sex to get love and other socially acceptable desires (read affection, companionship, partner and children). I haven't had any type of intimacy for more than 4 years and am essentially really happy with that, but I do want a "partner in crime" that shares experiences and the occasional hug/snuggle. I miss that. I want a friend to share life with, to maybe live with IN SEPARATE BEDROOMS. My husband thinks it's menopause.....I am generally more coherent so bear with me.

I love my children and if my husband would just stop making me feel like "less than" and just be my friend (it's close to the point where I don't even want him as a friend anymore) I could be "happy".

Anyway, still searching for what's real and enjoying the conversations I have trolled here. Thanks for being here (and not being a dating site) (and being not focussed on sex).

On June 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM, DeLizabeth said:

(Hi DeLizabeth... I responded to you privately... )

Elderflower

Hi everyone! I'm on the cusp of 60, single, lonely and looking to make friends. I am very glad to have found this forum!

• Like 1

Welcome, @Elderflower! We are a friendly bunch (well, I think so!), so hope you "meet" some new friends.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome everyone I haven't said 'Hello' to. Glad you've found your way to AVEN in general and Oldies in particular.  We're a friendly bunch so I hope you'll feel free to jump in and join the conversations :D . And, oh yes, have some welcome :cake:  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm new here & in my early 60's. I've known I was asexual since childhood, but only encountered the right terminology a few years ago - what a difference the internet makes, once you know the right questions to ask! I'm out to a couple of close friends and one in particular has been very supportive. I'm looking forward to "chatting" with like-minded people

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 28/06/2006 at 2:49 AM, Hallucigenia said:

Actually, there is a chatroom: http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6375

It's hosted on a different site, but it's AVEN-approved. And the people who hang out there are eager for more AVENites to talk to.

That sounded interesting, so I just tried the link - but it doesn't work. Do you have a more up-to-date one, please?

I'd love to know how 'older' was defined for these purposes, and by whom - especially since I just saw a thread begun by a 63-year-old who clearly defined it as 30+. I didn't think of myself as older when I was that young. I've not given up feeling that 'middle-aged' better describes my generation, either.

57 minutes ago, WhoSays said:

That sounded interesting, so I just tried the link - but it doesn't work. Do you have a more up-to-date one, please?

I'd love to know how 'older' was defined for these purposes, and by whom - especially since I just saw a thread begun by a 63-year-old who clearly defined it as 30+. I didn't think of myself as older when I was that young. I've not given up feeling that 'middle-aged' better describes my generation, either.

I can't get the link to work either.