Welcome Older Asexuals

Qutenkuddly

Welcome, KlassyLady! Please enjoy some :cake: !

Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, KlassyLady :cake::cake::cake: I hope you enjoy the conversations and find some new friends among the "Oldies" - the "past 50" thread is a good place to start :)

Skycaptain

Hiya Klassylady and welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

Qutenkuddly

Welcome, Oldtimer! Please enjoy some :cake: !

Oldtimer welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

• 2 weeks later...
Pizza Seawitch

I feel like I need to apologize.

I always have a negative attitude about AVEN and never stick around long.

I have said mild yet negative things about it to others in and outside of our community.

I just... I guess I am an impatient person and the dark cloud rumbling in my future as an Ace who can't find their nook... well... that cloud is what makes me impatient I suppose. Or more impatient at least.

The more I thought of it though the more I realized maybe if I would stick around a little more... maybe I could find a little more solace than I've been finding.

This isn't even about romance or finding a partner. I just can't seem to connect with any other Aces anywhere.

So I wanted to come back, make a formal apology and try to be an active member to the best of my abilities.

Sorry guys.

• Like 2
Sandraisme360

Welcome back Pizza Seawitch. I pop in and out. I hope you can make some connections this time or at leas find some valuable interactions.

Sandraisme360

I'm 68 and just found out about asexuality. Always thought there was something seriously wrong with me.

Been married four times. Of course, my lack of sexual attraction was the major problem. I could take it or leave it but preferred to leave it since I was always frustrated.

Like most everything else in my life, I got a clue really late.....but at least I understand now.

Hay KlassLady. I found out at 50. I think that the most challenging thing about finding out when you are older is that you look back on your life and all the relationships that did not workout and realize it was your lack of interest in sex that Mauser them to fail. I am more focusing on moving forward but still at times feel bad and wish I could have know and let my partner know whh I was not interested. People are great her and will be supportive.

• Like 1
Sandraisme360

Hello, everyone.

I've posted an introduction in the Welcome thread, but I wanted to post something here, as well.

I'll turn 50 in a few weeks time. I've never had a partner, and I always thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn't find the one. I've tried dating a few times, but nothing ever lasted, and we never got any further than some very chaste kissing, which really didn't do much for me.

When I was at school, we didn't get any sex education. The closest we came was a biology lesson on sexual reproduction, which started with the teacher sweeping into the class and saying, "Hello, girls. Today we are going to start sexual reproduction. According to the syllabus, I can either teach you about rabbits or about humans. I thought you'd prefer to learn about humans but, just so you know, the only real difference is that rabbits ovulate as a reflex action to sex."

What followed were a few classes spent drawing diagrams and learning facts about the mechanics of reproduction. Of course, nothing touchy feely about relationships or about alternatives to heterosexuality was discussed.

I am happy to know that younger people may now introduced to the possibility that it is okay to be something different. Even more, that it is okay to NOT want to be anything at all. I'm happy--almost envious--to see teenagers and people in their early twenties on this site, exploring who they are, and addressing their confusion.

I didn't realise that asexuality was an option for a very long time, and now that I do, I feel liberated in ways that I cannot easily describe.

For a long time, my lack of partner / significant other felt like a burden. A stigma. Now? It just feels like a fact. It's a part of me, and it's a relief and a relevation to think, you know what? That's okay. Actually, it's more than okay. It feels good.

I apologise if you've heard all this before. One thing I'm realising from being here is that my experiences and my epiphany are hardly unique.

Anyway. Thanks for reading.

My story runs many parallels to yours. I have only been in one relationship that lasted more then a mounts and I was sleeping with him. I never make it past the third date. I am eager to try a romantic relationship without sex. We all have expereance so that we can shar and support each other. Welcome.

Pizza Seawitch, I hope you find your nook. The forums are all so different (as I'm sure you already know, since you have been here before) but it may take a while to find some that interest you and that help you connect with other AVENites. May you have a more positive experience this time around!

• 2 weeks later...
Stealthy Potato

Welcome CapriGem....have some :cake: and enjoy the lovely folks here!

Stealthy Potato

I must say I'm really excited to see so many older people in the forums. Always felt very isolated in my physical location....there's a whole community out there of folks in my age range and it's soul food for me <3 Still catching up on reading, but loving the vibe!

Qutenkuddly

Welcome to all the new folk! Please enjoy some :cake: !

cavalier080854

Thank s for posting this topic, Alas my joints are OK, but I am suffering from repeated attacks of cramp. Which are getting worse, both in frequency and severity. BTW, medically you are a geriatric when you hit 50. :wacko:

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: cake anyone? :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I'm 68 and just found out about asexuality. Always thought there was something seriously wrong with me.

Been married four times. Of course, my lack of sexual attraction was the major problem. I could take it or leave it but preferred to leave it since I was always frustrated.

Like most everything else in my life, I got a clue really late.....but at least I understand now.

Same here. Two marriages that didn't work out. If I'd at least known what was up with me it could have been the basis of a productive conversation.

• Like 1
Autumn Sunrise

Thank s for posting this topic, Alas my joints are OK, but I am suffering from repeated attacks of cramp. Which are getting worse, both in frequency and severity. BTW, medically you are a geriatric when you hit 50. :wacko:

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: cake anyone? :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Geriatric at 50, indeed :o I think the medical profession needs to take a good look at a cross section of modern 50-year-olds, and do a bit of re-thinking :lol: Yes, thanks, - I'll have some cake :P

I'll be starting a Open University course soon so wont have much time on the forums, but will come in from time to time. Best of luck and happy posting.. :)

I'll be starting a Open University course soon so wont have much time on the forums, but will come in from time to time. Best of luck and happy posting.. :)

Same here. Two marriages that didn't work out. If I'd at least known what was up with me it could have been the basis of a productive conversation.

I lost my husband now nearly 30 years ago ... never remarried but have did lots since then and of the few things i ve not done is meet up with someone else ..now i am happy plodding along doing what i would like to do except for the official hassles of day to day living like we all have...nice post and happy posting ...chow for now.

• 1 month later...

JDinMSP welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

Welcome, JDinMSP! Please enjoy some :cake: !

• 1 month later...

I've actually been a member of AVEN for over a year now (nearly a year-and-a half), but have only just got round to introducing myself as an 'Oldie'. Mind you, I only get two hours a day on a computer (a library one) and I've been off-site pretty much all summer doing other things (such as catching up on new music on YouTube). But anyway, here I am at last: all fifty-five chronological years of me. ...Howdy.

• Like 1

Welcome Greenbeard, glad you've got around to posting. This is the friendliest forum on the site, so I hope you'll enjoy yourself. Pull up a comfy chair, have some AVEN welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: and jump in :)

• Like 2

Hi, Greenbeard, thanks for the introduction. Lots of us mature (in years, at least!) folks hanging about. Welcome!

• Like 2
Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, Greenbeard :cake::cake::cake: Hope you enjoy the company and conversation with us "oldies" :)

• Like 1
AliceinWunderland

Hi everybody, I'm quite new here, I don't get on much because I'm at university and I get a bit overwhelmed sometimes but it would be nice to get to know some of you, I hope you're all having a good day.