Is anyone else uncomfortable with the idea of women showing cleavage/naked breasts?

I got to this question because I was reading some answers on Quora and someone on the site said that not allowing women to display breasts in a naked fashion is misogyny, patriarchy, etc. Now as an asexual I'm uncomfortable with the "private parts" being shown around and it's part of the reason I found the concept of sex to be revolting and unattractive. The commenters were all in agreement and said that this was progress etc... I'm wondering, does anyone feel the same way? do share your thoughts

Breasts aren't really a "private part". Everyone has breasts, males included. In females, it's main purpose is to provide nutrients for children, which isn't a sexual act. After I started thinking about it that way, I'm not uncomfortable with seeing breasts anymore.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I don't know, I clearly don't like them to be naked, but I have and they aren't exactly small so I won't be all covered with clothes I don't like 

swirl_of_blue

I used to be uncomfortable with it when I was younger, but I no longer care. Breasts are just a body part, and they don't have to be sexual. This has lead to me even using rather revealing clothing sometimes, and if someone wants to look I don't mind. As long as all they do is look, I won't change wearing what is comfortable for me.

• Like 4

I do't really see what these people you mentioned are so upset about, but of course since I don't like showing cleavage because it makes me uncomfortable and it feels rude and I don't want to show those parts of my body, I don't understand it.

TheCatBehind

I'm quite uncomfortable with that happening but I'm not against it. Maybe if it was more widespread I wouldn't have such a problem! Who knows.

Also stuff that I am uncomfortable with doesn't have to be banned, I can just pretend I don't see it/make myself busy with other stuff 

• Like 2
AshenPhoenix

Nah it's cool.

Just don't point those things towards me I don't want to lose my membership to the gay agenda.

In all seriousness though. While I'm for EVERYONE wearing clothes in public, I don't get why breasts are as taboo and/or sexualized as they are in the first place. As Nai has said, males have quite literally the same (general) anatomy for breasts and fat tissue as women. The only difference is that during puberty those fatty tissues develop more on women. Yes, as well as gain the ability to produce milk, but jussayin, in general, they're similar enough for me not to understand why breats are so overtly sexualized. A little bit I can understand, maybe, but to the extent it is in modern society? Uhmmmm...

• Like 3

Well, I think that to sexuals its rather rude to just have everything hang out. Since they feel attracted to things like breasts, buttox etc. I think it is common courtesy to cover up in a public space. Many Asexuals also don't like to see them, because we think they are weird etc. 

I also don't like men wearing no shirts either. Wear clothes if you are in a public place! I Think body hair is gross too. 

• Like 2

I like seeing boob cracks about as much as seeing butt cracks, which is Not. At. All.

• Like 2
Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Don't know. I'm pretty turned off by nudity in general so I'd rather prefer to avoid the sight of naked breasts when ever possible but wouldn't pass out or vomit onto your shoes either if I had to take a look at it since it's only a natural part of our human bodies after all.

Well the thing about breasts is that they're not really a private part like genitals or even butts to an extent... So I wouldn't mind it if it became a thing for women showing their breasts to be as common as men showing their pecs. It would be distracting, because it's something that I'm not used to seeing so casually and openly, but in time it would seem just as "normal". 

Of course there are appropriate levels for different things. Like I wouldn't mind seeing something like that on a beach, and I wouldn't mind seeing a woman's breast if she was breastfeeding, but I wouldn't like seeing something like excessive cleavage in an office setting or something just like I wouldn't like seeing a guy with a really deep v on his shirt. 

Depending on how young you are might also influence you. When I was a teenager (and younger) I was SUPER sex-phobic. However, around age 18-20 was when I really started to embrace my own sexuality and really looked at art (and dived into my own drawing skills) and found the human body (most of it) absolutely beautiful. 

We also grow up in a culture that's very anti-nudity, at least in America. People are taught from grade school that "Showing skin" is "the devil" which is why we have such strong sexist dress codes against women (dear God, find me a guy friend who is actually "distracted" by a woman showing her shoulder in a spaghetti strap). 

If you feel uncomfortable with any kind of nudity/human body part, that is fine up until the point where it starts to interfere with your daily life (can't stop thinking about how "gross" it is, you have panic attacks, etc.). If it gets to the point where it interferes with your daily life, it's time to go see a therapist. They can help you get to a point where your brain doesn't have such a strong negative knee-jerk reaction and figure out the "core" of the reason for why it bothers you so much.

57 minutes ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

Well, I think that to sexuals its rather rude to just have everything hang out. Since they feel attracted to things like breasts, buttox etc. I think it is common courtesy to cover up in a public space. Many Asexuals also don't like to see them, because we think they are weird etc. 

I also don't like men wearing no shirts either. Wear clothes if you are in a public place! I Think body hair is gross too. 

There are actually a lot of people attracted to feet and they can still be decent when they meet someone wearing flip-flops. Same for me; just because I see something that is arousing to me doesn't mean I'll just start drooling and jerking off. Normally people can control themselves very well. 

The main function of breasts is feeding. Feeding is nothing sexual and nothing indecent. They should be allowed to show their breasts.

But I also have literally zero problems with nudeness in general. And where I'm from people don't too and I guess that the majority of them isn't asexual but still manage to not get all hot and bothered by it. 

• Like 1
ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I truly do not care. If anything, if someone has their breasts out, i'd be more worried about them being cold or if they're wearing really short shorts, how they don't have a wedgie  xD

But that is to say since i don't like my revealed skin, i probably cover up more than most people around me. I'm just more comfortable that way. 

• Like 2

I don't really care. The only thing that concerns me about breasts being fully exposed in public is the empathy for how sensitive the nipples are and for how the shirtless person is likely to be treated. But the physical part isn't an issue.

With the shape and size of my chest, I have cleavage often. I could limit my wardrobe significantly to reduce that, but I've come to terms with the fact that it's not my problem if people think a small amount of cleavage is wrong.

• Like 2

Nope. I'm comfortable with just about anything being shown except everyone's lower frontal areas.

• Like 2

I don't care about cleavage, I'd rather not see completely uncovered breasts though.

I don'r mind breasts, but I don't like seeing shirtless guys or people's underwear.

• Like 2

I don't really care about them, what I don't really like is shirtless guys, especially if they have muscled bodies and abs. Sometimes, I also show my breasts in public, in the beach (even if it's just for a few minutes), so I don't care about people doing the same. 

Still, I find people more interesting and aesthetically pleasing to the eye clothed. :D