What's your favourite cake?

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and raspberry jam!

Yellow cake with funfetti frosting!

Chocolate lava cake (bonus points if there's good vanilla ice cream on top)!

:cake::cake::cake:

Sara Lee double chocolate gateau *drool*. I don't think they make it any more, it's a very nineties dessert. Which is unfortunate, because I'm craving it now.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
12 minutes ago, Skittles87 said:

Sara Lee double chocolate gateau *drool*. I don't think they make it any more, it's a very nineties dessert. Which is unfortunate, because I'm craving it now.

Too bad since I would like to see a picture of it :D Never heard of it before.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Classic Red velvet... or chocolate... but they're technically the same thing sooooo both I guess xD

Oh and meatloaf cakes :) (at least how I make them)

3 milk Strawberry cake.

So fresh and moist :L

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShAOrhI3MzTIzN9oZcIoR

Rum cake and icebox cake (this one having been traditional in my family for birthdays for quite some time) for more cake-like cakes, but mostly I'm a big fan of cheesecake. Lots of varieties of cheesecake. It'd be hard to choose, although I do really like dark chocolate cheesecake... also plain New York style cheesecake.

Titchwithpitch

*flails* oh blimey cake choosing *flails* that being said a really good Victoria Sandwich cake because it brings back lovely memories of baking with my nan :) and its tasty! but really i love all cake!

On Sunday, August 06, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Too bad since I would like to see a picture of it :D Never heard of it before.

http://poppyd.com/friday-food-memories-sara-lee-double-chocolate-gateau/ Follow the link - not just a picture, but a whole article about the majesty of a Sara Lee double chocolate gateau.

Velvet Crowe

Mr Kipling's Angel slices are probably my favourite. A close second though, a very close one at that, would be just a carrot cake.

I have very simple tastes.

(Southern drawl) "best cake's a dead un'"

• 2 weeks later...

- boston creme

- mocha

I can't choose between the two, so I just went with both.

I don't know if there is an English name for it but my favorite cake is "Rotkäppchenkuchen". Can be translated with "Little Red Riding Hood Cake". 

a5752a45b18141a1a163fc7307b49e6e.jpg

Bienenstich/bee sting cake is my favorite.. 

for second place is probably chocolate-banana cake, plum cake*, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cream cake, or Donauwelle.. 

(* specifically Zwetschgendatschi with a thin crust and crumble.. )

• 2 weeks later...

Cake 🤗, but favourites are red velvet, lemon cake (any lemon cake), chocolate cake (milk chocolate, the more chocolate the yummier, hot or cold its lush). Victoria sponge, cupcakes also yum, cheesecake (fruity ones). 

so many to choose from 🙈

weethreequarter

My mum makes this awesome cake with pear, chocolate chips and pecan nuts which is the best thing ever. (The pear can also be replaced with apple) The best thing about it is when you eat it warm, the chocolate chips melt. Mmmm... yum!

And not a cake as such, but apple strudel. 

Archived