Are you an optimist, pessimist or realist?

Soldier455

I'll speak for myself.

This is a pretty hard question, and it's really hard for me to answer, considering I'm (maybe) a little of all.

I might think I'm a realist, with an expectation of both pessimistic and optimistic results.
As I tend to be worried and see life in a bad way. Such examples, when I'm writing a message to somebody I often think I'm bothering him, or, when I have a test for tomorrow, even if I did study a lot, I'm always very pessimistic.
But I believe if I think too much pessimistic I will start give myself depression, stress, and feel bad, that's why I try to avoid it and be more optimistic, although, when you have depression it makes very difficult to think positively. Optimism can lead you to be positive and happy, but, at the same time can be dangerous. Thinking blind optimism without awareness can be bad because reality will never meet your expectations, and thus you might not be prepared for what actually comes to pass.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

In my opinion the best is to not think positively or negatively about something, but think of things based off of facts or the situation leading to a positive or negative outlook. That's what a realist does.

7 minutes ago, ABryonJ.maybe? said:

Pessimism is realism.

But a realist knows optimism is just as valuable as pessimism. It gives balance.

----

I'm a realist. I've had a tough life, and optimism stopped me from giving up. But I am not naive enough to be too optimistic, or too pessimistic. Bad times pass, as well as good times. The best thing you can do is appreciate them both. 

Same here. Realist who looks at things positively or negatively depending on the situtation. Sometimes things go very well, sometimes things go horribly wrong, such is life.

I'm optimistic that things will work out badly for me :P 

TheCatBehind

I keep a positive outlook on things but am prepared for the worst :P

Very likely a pessimist since I usually tend to expect the worst since if I expect things to go well, I'm probably going to jinx myself on the spot.

dragon_nerd

Pessimist

I'm mostly optimist and sometimes also a realist.

Being optimist helps a lot in human life because it helps you to see the good in everything and that keeps you calm and positive with a fresh mind.

Velvet Crowe

I am undeniably pessimistic.

I'm working, slowly, towards becoming more of a realist. Pessimistic ideation comes naturally to me but I know it's not ideal.

J. van Deijck

I'm a realist.

not entirely optimistic, but I always have a hope for better.

37 minutes ago, Jayce said:

I'm mostly optimistic but i can also be a pessimist :P 

Now why does this thread remind me of @OptimisticPessimist??? :D  Also tagging because i'm curious how OP feels about this topic^^

How I feel? Well I don't know, but now that you mentioned this person I'm surprised.

TheCatBehind

So many pessimists on here OwO it shouldn't have surprised me tbh xd

Optimist. I choose to see the world this way, being too negative would be a waste of my experiences, given that I may die soon. I'm not all sunshine, in fact I can even be morbid, but I do see the fun and joy in most situations. 

The thing with being a mortal human is that you can't percieve the universe outside of your senses, which sucks. So I just try to make the most out of everything :P

Disappointed pessimists are happy people. 

I don't take life serious; it's way too temporary but besides having no worries I am probably a pessimist, wagering low and having backup.

I would like to think I'm a realist, but there's some pessimism there. Better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than to assume the best and get crushed. 

I like to see myself on the realistic side, but apparently I come across as a pessimist most of the time.

(Sometimes expecting the worst will save you a lot of disappointment though)

Oh I'm definitely a realist, maybe with some tendencies of pessimism. I think I'm always prepared for the worst but I try not to be too negative! Sometimes it's hard not to be though...life is hard. I had a tough childhood and I think I was more optimistic back then by force, as it kept me sane to be hopeful. Hopefully I can get back to that way of thinking...it's so much better to be positive I know, it's just easier said than done!  

Pessimist definitely a pessimist.

Archived