Are you an optimist, pessimist or realist?

Soldier455

I'm prepared for the worst, but always hope for the best.

I always look up, and look forward, however.

I'm always seeking self-improvement. This means you have to see things as is. I'm very honest with myself.

However, I also know you can influence your aura, or who you attract around you, due to it. You can influence your life's outcome, by positive thoughts. There's almost a delusional mentality behind this. You could be surrounded by negativity, but you have to believe deep down, that things will improve and refuse to allow anything to influence your light with their darkness.

You keep a positive aura, and will attract positive things. Negative, and you'll literally enslave yourself to having a dark cloud over your head. Will enslave yourself to selling yourself short, to failure, to second guessing yourself. Negativity, brings self-doubt, hatred and things I like to avoid.

I always try to surround myself with good vibes, good people, good thoughts.

You present me a setback, and I see an opportunity to grow and overcome it. I don't see mistakes or failures, but rather lessons and wisdom to be acquired.

I only envision the good things happening, and will myself to achieving them. Even if many are doubting me.

I'm incredibly optimistic, but sometimes I let the negativity take me and then have incredible pessimistic episodes.

I most of the time, I create a bubble around me and only see the good things, but when I feel down this bubble gets damaged and I start to see how delusional my world is. Thus, the realistic and more pessimistic side comes to the surface. If this side stays for too long, I tend to get more and more pessimistic, until I find a new thing that interests me and distracts me and I go back to my overly optimistic side. 

Also, if it's about me I tend to be way more pessimistic and realistic than normal. 

So, towards the world, I'm overly optimistic, towards me I'm the opposite. 

I try to be an optimist, though I'm more often a realist, which I think sometimes makes me look like a pessimist.  

In all seriousness, I'm generally somewhere between realist and optimist.  I'm pretty straightforward and have been teased for telling it like it is, but I'm also a dreamer, and if I need to make things seem like sunshine and buttercups to get where I need to be, then so be it.  

Grumpy Alien

I like to think I'm a realist.

Depending on my mood, a mix.

So, in other words, both… so I like to refer to myself as a realist though.

Spoiler

That being said, everything sucks. :P

Spoiler

Just kidding. :P

Spoiler

Or not? ;)

20 minutes ago, Sylvastor said:

Depending on my mood, a mix.

So, in other words, both… so I like to refer to myself as a realist though.

Hide contents

That being said, everything sucks. :P

Hide contents

Just kidding. :P

Hide contents

Or not? ;)

In 5 lines you've created a more in depth story than half of the films coming out of Hollywood :P 

NoLongerActive1234

I'm an optimist deep down but when life is rough I can't really deal and become pessimistic sometimes to save myself from more hurt. Which makes me rather miserable...I'd wish to mostly be my in my optimistic state. Throwing in some realism isn't bad though nor is venting. It is hard to navigate this....

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 3.8.2017 at 1:25 AM, skıt said:

optimism is despair 

Looks like me at the age of 16 *lol* *pints out to your signature* :D

I am a realist. But I have been feeling pessimistic lately. Or maybe I am not pessimistic, its just that I foresee negative things happening to me. I dunno....

MiraMeyneth

Judging by my thoughts and actions, I swing somewhere between Realist and Pessimist. Depends on how I'm feeling and how well I'm keeping my depressive thought patterns off my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Dark General

I'm kind of cynical, so it's most likely that I'm a realist. 

I'd say I tend to be a realist in terms of my expectations and how I make decisions; however, I try to have an optimistic attitude towards life, and hope for the best.

Hope for the best but completely expect and prepare for utter failure. That way I'm happy if I was wrong and not at all surprised if I was right.

I try to be as optimistic as possible, but sometimes I can't help being pessimistic.

Archived