Can asexuals have sexual thoughts but not be interested?

Just wondering because at times I have sexual thoughts but I'm not interested in sexual attraction in physical form. Does that make sense? Is this the norm for an asexual? I know it's the norm for a human to think this way. 

Yes you can! 

I have some non-sexual fetishes I think about all the time, but I don't desire any kind of physical contact with anyone.

• Like 2

There're asexuals who don't like thinking about sex and then asexuals that very much enjoy thinking about sex but don't want to do it and then there're those that like thinking about sex and even doing it physically, so it's neither a norm to enjoy or not enjoy it. It's a big group of all kinds of different people, really.

• Like 2

Humans think about all sorts of things, whether we want to do them or not.  Our minds are free.  

• Like 5

A fellow Hawaiian 8)

But yeah, it happens.  I mean, to participate in typical AVEN discourse you pretty much have to talk about (and therefore, think about) sexual things in some form or another.  It doesn't mean it's something you desire.

I think asexuality really does mean just not experiencing sexual attraction, period. Nothing to do with sex drive, sexual impulses, etc. - that seems to very much exist on a spectrum in the asexual community. So in short yes I think what you're describing is normal. You don't have to be attracted to another person to enjoy thinking about sex or to experience physical arousal. 

• Like 1

Yes, for me definitely. I have definitely had thoughts about it, but I have no desire for it, if that makes sense.

Yes. I have thought about sex sometimes, but never in the context of feeling sexual attraction. It's usually more thinking about fictional characters doing it.

Good to know. Thank you all for your information. That pretty much cleared my questions.🍣

everywhere and nowhere

Yes, it's possible. A phenomenon of this type is called autochorissexualism - when someone has erotic fantasies, but they are in third person, don't include him-/herself.

I do have sexual thoughts and may enjoy imagining a couple (usually f-f or m-m) having sex, but at the same time I'm completely averse to personally trying sex.

Yes, I find women sexually attractive but I have no sexual desire. I'm a look not touch person.

The_Reluctant_Dragon
On 7/30/2017 at 0:11 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

Yes, it's possible. A phenomenon of this type is called autochorissexualism - when someone has erotic fantasies, but they are in third person, don't include him-/herself.

I do have sexual thoughts and may enjoy imagining a couple (usually f-f or m-m) having sex, but at the same time I'm completely averse to personally trying sex.

That is true. Being a bit of an autochorissexual myself, I can get aroused by sexual fantasies I may have, sexual erotica, or sexual content I may watch but it is always in third person and you never feel like joining in. I figured out I was a bit of an autochrissexual when I was experimenting with my sexuality. Personally, I try to stray away from having sexual fantasies, reading sexual erotica, and sexual content. I feel like there are better things to think and watch.

Lucy in the sky

I have had sexual thoughts (& still do i guess), but it's more like I'm trying to mirror/project/apply something that everyone (the majority) is doing to myself.

The things about sex that we hear about from friends and family, what we see/read, etc.

But then if I try to picture myself in that situation with a person I like (personality-wise or platonic), there is no real sexual attraction, so it never does anything for me...

• Like 1

You can think about something without wanting it. Right now I'm subconsciously thinking of ranch dressing even though I really don't like ranch.