Does flirting make you not asexual?

Ok so this guy at work constantly flirting. And I like flirting a little bit. I find it kinda fun as long as it's not forced. But I feel like this gives the wrong message and I don't talk to people about my sexuality. Because it seems confusing. I'm even confused. I don't like or desire sex but I like to flirt. Does flirting not make me asexual or is this normal?

It makes you a flirter. :) It's got nothing to do with whether you're asexual or not. 

• Like 4

Flirting has little to nothing to do with your orientation. ^_^

• Like 2

I like verbal banter.  It has nothing to do with wanting to have sex.  The payoff for flirting for me is similar to the payoff for playful taunting of an opponent in a video game :)

• Like 1
Clumsy Fairy

Flirting is good fun, and means nothing more than you have a good and cheeky sense of humour. Don't try it on AVEN though... As well..... Just don't..

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I let people get to me sometimes so I was starting to doubt 

• Like 1

Anyone of any sexual/romantic orientation could flirt and still wouldn't invalidate their orientation. Actions doesn't necessarily influence such.

• Like 1

OK see this is where I'm weird - I honestly love it when guys flirt with me, but I feel SO bad if I take it too far, because I'm not sexual at all, nor do I have desire for it. I just love the social aspect. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, G0D said:

Don't try it on AVEN though... As well..... Just don't..

...I have totally never flirted with anyone on AVEN.. ever..ahem. Totally not cool. Despicable.*backs out slowly*

Clumsy Fairy
1 hour ago, FictoVore. said:

...I have totally never flirted with anyone on AVEN.. ever..ahem. Totally not cool. Despicable.*backs out slowly*

Run....... 

5 hours ago, SophiaG91 said:

OK see this is where I'm weird - I honestly love it when guys flirt with me, but I feel SO bad if I take it too far, because I'm not sexual at all, nor do I have desire for it. I just love the social aspect. 

Same this is how I feel. And everyone was like are you sure your asexual cause you like to flirt a lot or you seem attracted to men. Which causes me to doubt sometimes 

It's kind of mean if you purposefully know you're doing it to get a reaction from someone and you are leading them on, don't you think? So, I personally think your asking the question not because you question your asexuality but because you're wanting permission or justification to continue doing something you know isn't right when it comes to the person on the receiving end. 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I don't think so but it depends on the sort of flirting I guess. There's a difference between "soft charming" or "explicit sexual" flirting in my opinion but it's up to your own interpretation.

3 hours ago, Just like Jughead said:

It's kind of mean if you purposefully know you're doing it to get a reaction from someone and you are leading them on, don't you think? So, I personally think your asking the question not because you question your asexuality but because you're wanting permission or justification to continue doing something you know isn't right when it comes to the person on the receiving end. 

They could be flirting in hopes of a romantic relationship, not necessarily sexual.

• Like 1