Confused About Where I Stand

Hey guys! I've just recently joined this forum, and am quite glad to do so! I feel like I might get some help here on some of my questions. I'm still questioning on where I am in the spectrum. I wonder if I could get some assistance or help? That would be great!:D 

1) I don't experience sexual attraction or fantasies. I can recognise that a person is attractive but don't have any desire to do anything sexual with them. However, I do have sexual thoughts involving other people doing sexual intercourse, etc with each other. I am not a participant in those thoughts, merely an observer. This is mostly on things such as fanfiction, I'm not comfortable writing sex scenes but I can read them and imagine them. Recently, I came across the term: Autochorisexualism (I hope I've spelled that correctly x) ) and wonder if that implies to me. 

2) Is it possible to be both asexual and aromantic? Because I feel like I'm both. I have no desire to have a sexual or romantic relationship with anyone. 

3) Please do inform me if I've got definitions, etc wrong. I've just recently discovered myself and am still doing research on who I am and where I fall in the spectrum.

Thank you for being so patient! Have a lovely day :)

• Like 2
AVEN #1 fan
  1. Do you feel aroused by that  ? If so, yeah you fit the description,  you also fit as limnosexual ace, subtype of autochorisexual.
  2. Totally

Np.  ;)

• Like 3

Ah, thank you! I am aroused, for sure. Thanks for telling me about limnosexual ace, it makes more sense, too! ^_^

• Like 3
AVEN #1 fan
Just now, Fiveaces said:

Ah, thank you! I am aroused, for sure. Thanks for telling me about limnosexual ace, it makes more sense, too! ^_^

Np.  ;)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fiveaces said:

Is it possible to be both asexual and aromantic? Because I feel like I'm both. I have no desire to have a sexual or romantic relationship with anyone.

Definitely. I am, and so are many others here. Generally speaking, your sexuality is independent of your romantic orientation, which is in turn independent of your gender.

1 hour ago, Fiveaces said:

Please do inform me if I've got definitions, etc wrong. I've just recently discovered myself and am still doing research on who I am and where I fall in the spectrum.

As far as I'm aware, you got everything right :) 

Spoiler

I'd also like to mention (for the future) that it's perfectly fine if you have to question multiple times. I know you probably know this, but a person's sexuality can change over time... and that's fine. Don't be afraid or ashamed that, once you've found your answer to this question, you have to ask again.

To quote Hank Green (in his Human Sexuality is Complicated... Vlogbrothers video):

Many people move across these [identity] spectrums, sometimes from year to year, sometimes hour to hour. But what's really important is that we trust ourselves, and we understand ourselves and we love and respect ourselves, and we grant that same love and respect to the people around us.

Good luck :) 

• Like 2