Can the term indifferent demisexual exist ?

Lucas Monteiro

Lucas Monteiro

I was thinking because I identify me between indifferent asexual and demisexual, could I be indifferent demisexual ? I don't care if I do sex or not, but if I would do it has to be with someone that I have a great emotional connection. So, I thought if this term could exist or not.

Sure it can, I don't see why not. If you think that's what best describes you then go for it!

• Like 1
WaffleGrace

There are a few different areas that you should examine while trying to decide. One is if you're body would be interested in having sex with someone, and if your emotional connection impacts your body's decision. The next is if you would intellectually/ theoretically want to have sex with said person. And lastly, if you emotionally would want to have sex (with that person). A lot of times, those different fields are all lumped together. 

Anyone can be sex indifferent, even allosexuals, it has more to do with the attitude towards sex in general, than anything else. 

Part of the definition of Demi sexuality is that there are some people "you" are sexually attracted to. 

Does your attitude towards sex change, your body, or both?

I can't really tell from your post if you've separated those fields out already. If you have, then sure, you use whatever label you think describes you best. If not, there are all kinds of other ways to describe it. What matters is that the label is discriptive, and you're comfortable with what the label describes.

• Like 1

I think it can. It would mean that you're indifferent to sex except for the rare people you are sexually attracted to.

• Like 1