Possible asexual??

Livvey Lovely

Hey!! I just made this account because I'm kind of confused. 

I'm a female 13 year old and have never been sexually attracted to anyone. I'm not really sure what sexual attraction feels like really, I've only been aroused and it's never been by another person. I've been romantically attracted to the opposite sex but it's never been sexual by any means. I fully acknowledge that 13 is a young age to be finding a label (if that makes sense) for myself, yet I want to know why I'm not interested in sex and could honestly go through my whole life without experiencing it. 

Puberty has a fairly big role in everything kids my age do and maybe the interest in sex that could come during puberty hasn't yet so I'm pre-judging my sexuality.

But then again I've been in the puberty stage of adolescence for maybe a year or two now, if that has anything to do with this whole subject.

(I apologize if anything is too descriptive but I want you to know my scenario the best you can.)

• Like 2

You're not too young and don't let anyone tell you that. "Too young" would be like 6 in my opinion. Your body is beginning to change and develop hormones and such so it's completely fine for you to "label" yourself. You are who you are and if that's how you feel then that's who you are. Early teen years and teen years themselves are years of learning who you are. You will go through, for lack of a better term, "phases" and that's okay. You're still growing, experiment. Figure out who you are. You like to dress like a goth? Go for it. You like playing with all kinds of makeup? Go for it. You like video games? Play them. You like drawing? Go practice and show the world your mind. You like ugs and sweaters and leggings? Wear them and slay. Do what you feel comfortable with. 

If you feel you're ace based on events in your life, then you are. Only you can decide that and nobody else can. Judging by what you've said, you probably are a het-ace (heteromantic asexual) and that's perfectly fine. 

Also welcome to AVEN!!! We like cake here so have some :cake::cake::cake:

• Like 2
HallsiKallsi

Believe it or not, at 10 years old we are able to know our sexualities, so being 13 is not "too young", nothing is too descriptive :), the simple thing of it is, do you find someone to be sexually attractive? if not, then yes you're asexual, being asexual doesn't mean that you don't find people aesthetically attractive, I for example find many people to be very beautiful and some even hot, but I don't see myself ever sleeping with them, do you understand? If you have any questions feel free to PM me, there's no shame in feeling this way :)

Livvey Lovely
19 minutes ago, athenahono said:

You're not too young and don't let anyone tell you that. "Too young" would be like 6 in my opinion. Your body is beginning to change and develop hormones and such so it's completely fine for you to "label" yourself. You are who you are and if that's how you feel then that's who you are. Early teen years and teen years themselves are years of learning who you are. You will go through, for lack of a better term, "phases" and that's okay. You're still growing, experiment. Figure out who you are. You like to dress like a goth? Go for it? You like playing with all kinds of makeup? Go for it. You like video games? Play them. You like drawing? Go practice and show the world your mind. You like ugs and sweaters and leggings? Wear them and slay. Do what you feel comfortable with. 

If you feel you're ace based on events in your life, then you are. Only you can decide that and nobody else can. Judging by what you've said, you probably are a het-ace (heteromantic asexual) and that's perfectly fine. 

Also welcome to AVEN!!! We like cake here so have some :cake::cake::cake:

Thank you for the input! It really means a lot to me 

6 minutes ago, HallsiKallsi said:

Believe it or not, at 10 years old we are able to know our sexualities, so being 13 is not "too young", nothing is too descriptive :), the simple thing of it is, do you find someone to be sexually attractive? if not, then yes you're asexual, being asexual doesn't mean that you don't find people aesthetically attractive, I for example find many people to be very beautiful and some even hot, but I don't see myself ever sleeping with them, do you understand? If you have any questions feel free to PM me, there's no shame in feeling this way :)

I'll certainly consider messaging you if I need further info or have questions. Thank you for the extra help!

• Like 1

Hun if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me too. Anyone you feel like you can talk to on here, do it. We're a pretty accepting community. 

I have a younger brother whos a few years younger than you so I feel a bit sisterly. ^^ 

Anyway, feel free to contact me! Growing up is hard but it's good to have people to help you. And always remember, there's no shame in who you are. Do what you feel is best for yourself and do what you wanna do and slay. Be the biggest badass ever and be you. 

There's nothing wrong with labeling yourself as asexual. If you decide later that another label fits better, that's okay.

Livvey Lovely

Thank you all so much. I've never really gotten supportive feedback about possibly being asexual. It was mostly neutral and left me unsure if I was correct about myself. 

• Like 1
MiraMeyneth

13 certainly isn't the youngest, by any means. Lots of people nowadays figure out who they are when they're teenagers. Heck, I figured it out at 15.

If you do decide to come out to family members or friends, be aware that not many people are aware asexuality is a thing, especially at your age. When I tried coming out the first time to my parents, they said I was "still a little young". Despite this, nothing has changed with me. You don't have to come out, by any means, just be prepared if you do.

Either way, welcome to AVEN. Take some cake on your journey:cake::cake::cake: