Dirty talk....

RyanR

As long as you are both up for trying dirty talk etc then it's fine.

I'm not sure what the problem with discussing fantasies could be though, beyond something illegal or ethically wrong. Even grey area stuff should be ok to talk about with someone you trust a lot.

Personally, I'm not into it "dirty talk", but if both people in the relationship are, then go for it. :) As for discussing fantasies, unless the other person says not to, it can be good to share. 

I just felt if I could discuss things she enjoys like kissing & cuddling & touching if I could bring that in to an erotic conversation hopefully she too would feel comfortable! 

swirl_of_blue

I'm comfortable talking about sex, even dirty details, only with people I'm not having sex with. But someone I'm in a relationship with? The last thing I'll want to do is do or even talk about anything remotely sexual. So no dirty talk for me.

Cat Lady Lisa

Swirl-of-blue, I'm exactly the same! Quite happy to make dirty jokes and talk about sex with platonic friends of both sexes but if my husband talks about that stuff it makes me really uncomfortable :/ 

21 minutes ago, RyanR said:

I just felt if I could discuss things she enjoys like kissing & cuddling & touching if I could bring that in to an erotic conversation hopefully she too would feel comfortable! 

Hmm. I don't know, you'd have to talk to her and see if that's something she'd be OK with. 

Personally, if someone tried to turn kissing/cuddling into anything erotic/sexual like that, it would be a turn off, but different people are different. :)

@Serran this is something she is comfortable with as it's been expressed before. She finds the kissing & touching to be pleasurable as long as it's taken no further! I just love her so much & would never want her uncomfortable in anyway.  

26 minutes ago, RyanR said:

Relationships are mostly about communication. You can communicate whilst you're trying stuff out, or discuss what you want to do before hand and then maybe change your mind down the line. Just keep each other informed :) 

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

In the context of a relationship, I'll be ok with certain kind of talks? dirty talks? But maybe not if it's too sensual or ones that involves my body, however could involve activities, feelings etc. I'll be fine with fantasies, considering that if I agreed to be in a relationship without someone their fantasies aren't all that creepy to me. 

Someone Else

I think it's fascinating to hear about people's (safe, legal) fantasies, the side of them they might keep hidden from the prudish public.  

ChickenPadSeeEew
4 hours ago, RyanR said:

What are your views on the sexual speaking dirty or incinuating sexual talk

or discussing fantasies? 

I mostly hate it. :lol: 

But each to their own.

I've had a think about why, and I think I hate it because it's expected to do something for me or to me. It does nothing and so I want it and any associated expectations to stop.

So, yeah, deeeefinitely check with your partner before partaking, or it could turn them right off. And maybe check in again afterwards/before the next time too, just to ensure it was well received and is actually wanted again.

flesh-pocket

if you are trying to talk about sexual fantasies while kissing or cuddling she may take that as a hint that you want to try them out with her. 

13 hours ago, RyanR said:

@Serran this is something she is comfortable with as it's been expressed before. She finds the kissing & touching to be pleasurable as long as it's taken no further! I just love her so much & would never want her uncomfortable in anyway.  

are you saying that shes just comfortable with kissing and cuddling, or dirty talk too, here? if you aren't sure she'd be comfortable with dirty talk, then what serran said still stands. 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
14 hours ago, RyanR said:

What are your views on the sexual speaking dirty or incinuating sexual talk

or discussing fantasies? 

Total turn-off. Disgusting. Unappropriate.

15 hours ago, RyanR said:

What are your views on the sexual speaking dirty or incinuating sexual talk or discussing fantasies? 

It depends.

dirty talk like conversations about the under decks; maintenance hallways designed for the solitary engineer? the long undisturbed dust that darts fearfully in all directions as you struggle to pry open the hatch? (oiling that hinge doubtlessly was just another corner cut on the maintenance schedule) no one has been down this way in at least a year, no one to log in the clogged moisture collectors, no one to complain about the unresponsive temperature control, no one coming through to replace these lights. it's just you and the ship down here. and maybe you haven't loved her as much as you thought you did. 

or were you talking about something else?

Archived