Heya

Avii

I've recently been very confused about my sexuality. After seeing a post of this site, I started to question myself even more. I already know I'm not straight, and I never will be. I'm wondering, what would I identify as if one second I could be Panromantic but the next Pansexual? If someone asked me, what would I say? Im still young, but I know for sure I don't care about gender, all I want is love. At sometimes I just don't like the sound of being sexually attracted to someone, and feel weird about it, but other times I feel weird /just/ being romantically attracted. I'm sorry if this is a mess, I'm very tired and very confused. (I don't know if this is the right place for this, but you all seem to help so many other people I just felt so safe right away)

Yay we're doing our job right! I'm so glad you feel comfortable asking for help here, that's exactly what this website is for.

Being young means you don't have as much life experience, but this investment into figuring out yourself means you won't end up making as many mistakes to get to that point. There is no minimum age to know with certainty your sexual orientation. And if the way you feel in the future changes, then just change your labels. Labels are there to help you communicate how you feel to others, so you can be understood.

Ok, seems safe to say you're consistently pan-something. The next part is to figure out the circumstances that have thrown you into flux. You could be panromantic+pansexual, panromantic+asexual, or anywhere in between.

Some definitions that are less black/white:

Gray Asexual-You do not normally experience sexual attraction, but do experience it sometimes.

Demisexual-Someone who doesn't experience sexual attraction right away.

Additionally, is it romantic love you seek? You could potentially just want companionship while falling on the aromantic spectrum, so investigate that possibility too if you're unsure.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN!  :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Chocolate_Mirror_Cake_main.jpg

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived