Hey There!

EllieCeeJay

EllieCeeJay

Hi! I'm Ellie, and I think this is how I'm supposed to introduce myself to all of you.

Basically, I currently identify as a panromantic, asexual female, although I do tend to prefer the umbrella term 'queer'. Maybe that's because I still live in fear that the LGBT+ community won't accept me if I say I'm straight up ace, maybe it's because I'm constantly questioning my sexuality and romantic orientation. But for now, I'm happy with panromantic asexual.

I realised I was asexual when I was fourteen, which is quite young, I think. It kind of grew out of sex ed lessons and being told that I was supposed to give birth to small babies and enjoy the process of procreation. When my biology teacher told us how sex actually worked, all the emotion I remember is disgust. I honestly thought I was just broken, somehow, and that when I grew up I would understand what this sex thing was all about, and how great it was.

Needless to say... Things didn't turn out that way. It progressed out from there until I discovered Evan Edinger's video about his demisexuality in early 2015. This opened my eyes to the world of asexual spectrum people - and this website. It's taken me two years to make an account on here, but I've decided to spread my wings and see what the wonderful world of online asexuals have to offer me. I don't know any other asexual people in real life, and I only know two or three through the internet. I'm hoping that getting to meet way more people that understand what it's like to be asexual will both help me with my personal issues, and will help me understand what it's like for people of other genders/romantic orientations/sexualities/races etc. 

Anyway. I hope you're all having a good day, and it's great to meet you all! 

Enne Kristin

Hi! And welcome! Do you like cake?:cake:

EllieCeeJay
3 minutes ago, N'y said:

Hi! And welcome! Do you like cake?:cake:

Thank you! I love cake, it's definitely one of my favourite foods (if it counts as a food). Coffee cake is a personal chart topper - I'm assuming you like it too? :P :cake:

Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery

Welcome to AVEN Ellie! ^_^ I realised I was asexual around the same age and I felt exactly the same as you in sex ed class. There are loads of people here who are welcoming and going through the same stuff as you. I hope you like AVEN, have some cake :cake:

EllieCeeJay
3 minutes ago, QueenOfCake said:

Welcome to AVEN Ellie! ^_^ I realised I was asexual around the same age and I felt exactly the same as you in sex ed class. There are loads of people here who are welcoming and going through the same stuff as you. I hope you like AVEN, have some cake :cake:

Thank you! 

Welcome! :cake:

That Evan Edinger video was also a great help for me, it kinda opened my eyes a little more. Funny to hear you saw it too!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story :) I hope you like the forums. Hope you meet lots of new people here and make new friends :)

Now, for some more helpful information about the site, in addition to my welcome (and cake):

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

coffeecake_2517340_3390848k.jpg

Archived