coming home

expansive love

expansive love

hiya 

newbie here. it's been a bitter sweet past couple of days, and want to say thank you to everyone apart of the community. i came out to my partner of four years, and am having a really hard time forgiving myself for not knowing myself better when he and I met. parts of me feel like I've opened our relation up to endless possibilities of unconditional and expansive love, and other parts of me feel really guilty for being able to give him what he needs early on in the relationship but not now that we've developed a connection we both nurture and give greatly to. there are other aspects to "us" that make the relationship what it is - like making music to help others heal, and visual art that questions/aids the human condition, not to mention we are empaths & generally similar people - and now that i have come out I'm really worried it's questioning the foundation of  everything else we've built together, and while I recognize that i have no control over that changing, i am worried. I love him, endlessly, and he knows that but as someone who is just as new to navigating a changing relationship because of sexual orientation as he is, i wonder if there is any advice to take on how to be gentle and encouraging of his feelings. he's been nothing but supportive, understanding, loving and receiving, I want to make sure that he feels just as supported and loved tooo

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN!  :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Strawberry-Chocolate-Cake-1.jpg

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived