Yep, another lost boy.

Tigger_Fan_

Prior Warning: This post contains the experiences and habits of my (a)sexual life. If you  are disgusted by these kinds of things then don't read this. This will also be a really long rabble. 

I found this site a few months ago, but I decided to wait a couple weeks to see if it changed (it didn't). Here we go. Lots of my friends have had crushes on other people and I have always have felt a little awkward around girls. I remember when one of my friends who is a year younger than me and asked for advice about someone he had a crush on and I just stuttered. I had no idea of what to do because I never felt like that for someone, no instincts, nothing. I had no idea why he would even be attracted to her. At that point I realized I never really felt anything for anyone. I realized how different I was from everyone ever. I started thinking back... every time I was faced with a relationship problem I was met with, nothing. No ideas. I started experimenting with my sexuality looking at arousing photos, videos, and soundtracks. Nothing, no erections, no arousal, nothing. More testing seemed to lead to that I get erections in uncomfortable, awkward, or embarrassing situations, even if it isn't sexually charged. Here is the weird part: After doing all this research I can understand why people are hot. I don't know why. I'm not attracted to them or anything, I can just pick out what makes someone hot and apply the criteria to other people and decide if their hot. It's weird. I think that about sums it up. If you need any more info to decide please comment it below. Thanks for any help!

Hi there and welcome to AVEN. Have a cake! :cake:

From reading your story, you seem to be an aromantic asexual to me. But it completely depends on you to decide your labels. And you can decide whether someone is hot or not or stuff like that and that's normal. An aromantic asexual person can still find others aesthetically attractive. You can go through the forums and learn more about the terms and labels and everything in detail. I hope you find your answers and you have good time in here. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Not crushing on people is completely separate from Asexuality. Asexuality only refers to sex. As stated though, what you're describing is called both aromantic and asexual. Shorthand for both is Aro Ace.

• Like 1