Where can I find asexual people in a country that theres almost none ?

Lucas Monteiro

Lucas Monteiro

I live in Brazil, and here it is very conservative, most people are Catholic or Christian and it is very difficult for you to open up and try to find other people different like you.

I see the posts of people here who live in the United States or Canada and I wonder how lucky they are, because there are asexual communities where they live and are more likely to find partners.

I do not know how I can find a partner here where I live, especially with sexual people who are so crazy about sex, it's very difficult and improbable that I end up finding someone, even though I'm still only 19, and that worries me.

How can I find a partner in a place where it is much harder to find? Should I try with sexual people?

Asexual communities here in the U.S.? Are you kidding?

Sexuals run the show here. There is strong cultural pressure to be sexual and express sexuality. No one is as reviled here as someone claiming to be asexual.

I really empathize with you, Lucas, but I don't think your problem is confined to Brazil.

• Like 5
Redshirt Jim

Not really. No. The thing is 'harder to find' might just be because they don't admit it outloud about their sexuality or romantic orientation. Or even haven't realized it yet. 

They say 1% of the world is asexual, so it's pretty big numbers. 

And hey, you could always search Meetup Mart. Search or make a new topic on people in Brazil, maybe that will help. 

Live Long and Prosper :)

• Like 2
Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Asexjoe is right.

Sexuals do run the show here in the USA. Your problem isn't confined in just Brazil.

1 minute ago, Vernon Dunkin said:

Not really. No. The thing is 'harder to find' might just be because they don't admit it outloud about their sexuality or romantic orientation. Or even haven't realized it yet. 

And hey, you could always search Meetup Mart. Search or make a new topic on people in Brazil, maybe that will help. 

^^ this is a great idea. The Meetup mart will be your best luck.

Good luck!

• Like 1
Lucas Monteiro
8 minutes ago, asexjoe said:

Asexual communities here in the U.S.? Are you kidding?

Sexuals run the show here. There is strong cultural pressure to be sexual and express sexuality. No one is as reviled here as someone claiming to be asexual.

I really empathize with you, Lucas, but I don't think your problem is confined to Brazil.

I'm sorry for the mistake so I thought there were really communities, well, it seems like I made a mistake. But interesting to know that it is not only here that there are difficulties in this matter.

Lucas Monteiro
9 minutes ago, Vernon Dunkin said:

Thank you for your idea, I am going to try this. And yes is true, if 1% of the world is asexual, so it's a big number. 1% of 7 billion equals 70 million, so yeah.

I believe the one percent figure is misleading.

I would wager the actual number of openly asexual people, in your age range (and not in nursing homes), who aren't married or otherwise in committed relationships, is much smaller than one percent.

• Like 1

i disagree, i find there are considerable ace communities in canada and the us; i'm kinda based in both montreal and salem/portland (or) at the moment, both of which have good ace communities.   even though sexuals dominate society and such, i can still find a meetup group for asexuals in both areas, which i assume is not really the case in brazil.

i also would recommend checking out meetup mart.  you'd probably be surprised; we've got avenites from all over! :)