Hi I'm Hopen

Hopen

As in I'm Hopen that I will learn something about myself and others here. I'm a traditionally straight male, who's deeply in love with with a romantic asexual woman. We have a really strong bond, maybe I'm her squish, but there's some real literal distance keeping us apart, possibly forever. And that's okay.

I'm here to come to have a deeper understanding of asexuality from the view of people living their lives so I can understand her, myself. And I want to open myself up to the world a bit more. I'm open minded, and have an open heart and am very social, putting socializing and relationships as some of my highest priorities. What can I do to fit in here? Is there a chat room? Is the forum the way to connect?

arekathevampyre

nothing is to be done to fit in . Don't feel pressured to fit in . You can check out the forum for sexual partners , friends and allies . Most non ace people or those who have relationships with ace people will check that out . Also , there is a chat room but only on desktop . You will be able to see a purple bar at the bottom of the page and at the right hand corner of the bar will be a symbol of the chat room . The forum is a great way to know aces of all ethnicity , culture and types in general . We are a bunch of cake munching welcoming people . 

Welcome :cake:. Have a browse and a read, and then start where you feel is right. You don't need to fit in, we're all just ourselves here, which is one of the best things about this site. :mellow:

Welcome to AVEN :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story :) hopefully the forums can help you understand your girlfriend better :) (we also have a sub forum for sexual partners and that may also help :) )

Now, for some more helpful information about the site, in addition to my welcome (and cake):

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

blue+orange+wedding+cake.png

Archived