• Batman Begins
    • The Prestige
    • The Dark Knight
    • Inception
    • The Dark Knight Rises
    • Interstellar
    • Dunkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

With the recent release of Dunkirk, the time has come again to discuss Christopher Nolan and his filmography. What's your favorite?

That is an impossible decision my dear friend. 

I love all of his movies that I have seen. I'm quite a fan of the Dark Knight series (I was surprised on how many people disliked it when the first one came out). Interstellar is a close 2nd. Inception is great, but I prefer Interstellar over it. 

Grumpy Alien

Inception, hands down.

Anomaly Q3Xr

Of the 5 of these I have seen, The Dark Knight, closely followed by Inception.

njosnavelin

Dunkirk is a different kind of Nolan movie but told in a Nolan style. The storyline is the most cohesive story he has told to us which is why it will win him some kind of accolades. Even in all of its 70mm glory the sound is captivating from the score itself, the sound editing, and the sound effects.

Inception.

33 minutes ago, njosnavelin said:

Dunkirk is a different kind of Nolan movie but told in a Nolan style. The storyline is the most cohesive story he has told to us which is why it will win him some kind of accolades. Even in all of its 70mm glory the sound is captivating from the score itself, the sound editing, and the sound effects.

Inception.

I need to see Dunkirk again, the theatre I saw it in had the bass turned up way too loud and it was incredibly hard to hear the dialogue over the overflow of bass. It got so bad in some of the bombing scenes it hurt my chest. 

Elftober Country

Tough choice for me between Memento & Following - had to go with Memento tho 8)

njosnavelin
4 hours ago, sgtcactus said:

I need to see Dunkirk again, the theatre I saw it in had the bass turned up way too loud and it was incredibly hard to hear the dialogue over the overflow of bass. It got so bad in some of the bombing scenes it hurt my chest. 

You know it is a Nolan movie when you can’t hear the dialog. 

Félinferno

It's a tie between Inception and Interstellar for me (voted for Interstellar though). Dunkirk was pretty good as well.

I've only seen batman begins, the dark knight and inception. I think inception is my favourite

That decision was a no-brainer for me.

I'm going to admit I'm not really as fascinated with his work so far as many seem to be (Inception was even disappointing for me since everyone tried to tell me how complex and cool it is) but I really love Interstellar. I consider it the 2001 of this age and I adore the presentation and soundtrack and like the plot (I don't mind a trippy final). Bad advertisement made me ignore it when it was in cinema, which I really regret. I just hope he's going to do more like that.

I have to note I haven't seen Following and Memento yet, only heard about both (but plan to watch them) and I only vaguely recall Insomnia (I should probably rewatch that one).

Dunkirk is only hitting cinemas right now so I can't really say anything about it other than that the trailer looks a bit unusual.

I've only seen Interstellar. It was interesting.

12 hours ago, sgtcactus said:

According to an interview with Kenneth Branagh on Stephen Colbert's show, Mr. Branagh said he talked to real Dunkirk survivors at a showing of the film and they said the movie was louder than the real event/bombs. :P 

(I have started taking earplugs with me to the movies - wore them throughout Wonder Woman and had no trouble hearing everything without getting my ears blasted out)

• 3 weeks later...

I hate Chris Nolan, at least when he's writing original stories. He's an incredible cinematographer but I can't stand his writing. Insomia is the only of his films that I've liked (although I haven't seen Memento, Prestige, or Dunkirk). Dunkirk looks pretty good, though.

Interstellar. I do like Inception and The Prestige a lot too.

I haven't seen Dunkirk yet, and I dislike his Batman movies.

Apathetic Echidna

I'm a sucker for movies about magic

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/23/2017 at 12:32 PM, iff said:

I've only seen batman begins, the dark knight and inception. I think inception is my favourite

i'd change it to dunkirk now, that is a really great movie

@sgtcactus

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived