I'm scared how do I tell my Parents/Family members/ Friends I'm Asexual ?

-TheSilverWolf-

-TheSilverWolf-

I'm really scared, I just found out I'm asexual and I'm really scared to tell people, I mean I know I should have pride with this but what if people shame me because of it? I'm also scared of how my friends and Family may react. Help! 

• Like 1
lilkawaiivampire

If you aren't ready to come out yet, you don't have to. Take as much time as you need to figure everything out. Please don't feel pressured to have pride and be out because there's no rush and it's totally normal to feel afraid. I went through the same fear when I first discovered my asexuality. In fact, I kept it to myself for three years before coming out to a friend and ultimately coming out to my family. My parents and sisters honestly didn't react in the best way to the news, but they're getting used to it as time passes. If your friends react negatively or alienate you in any way for it, then they aren't true friends. As for your family, give them time; they'll come around eventually. No matter what happens, everything will be alright in the end, just do what you feel comfortable doing. You don't owe them any explanation, so if you don't feel ready to come out, that's perfectly fine. I hope this helped a bit. If and when you do come out, please let me know how it goes. For now, please try to stay strong, stay safe, and do what's best for you <3

• Like 4

If you can't be yourself, tell them, if you feel they need to know, tell them. Use some analogies or something to help them understand it and you can turn to us if you need something. Good luck, and trust in cake🍰🎂.

Being proud of being asexual has nothing to do with being open and 'out'. :) I'm completely comfortable in my ace-ness, but I don't see any reason why I'd tell people who I'm friends with/related to, cause it's not their business and shouldn't effect them in any way.

• Like 1
-TheSilverWolf-

Thank you so much! This makes me feel so much better about being asexual! I will take your guys advice 

13 minutes ago, Zenzencat104 said:

If you can't be yourself, tell them, if you feel they need to know, tell them. Use some analogies or something to help them understand it and you can turn to us if you need something. Good luck, and trust in cake🍰🎂.

Thank you so much again and I will let you know 

15 minutes ago, lilkawaiivampire said:

If you aren't ready to come out yet, you don't have to. Take as much time as you need to figure everything out. Please don't feel pressured to have pride and be out because there's no rush and it's totally normal to feel afraid. I went through the same fear when I first discovered my asexuality. In fact, I kept it to myself for three years before coming out to a friend and ultimately coming out to my family. My parents and sisters honestly didn't react in the best way to the news, but they're getting used to it as time passes. If your friends react negatively or alienate you in any way for it, then they aren't true friends. As for your family, give them time; they'll come around eventually. No matter what happens, everything will be alright in the end, just do what you feel comfortable doing. You don't owe them any explanation, so if you don't feel ready to come out, that's perfectly fine. I hope this helped a bit. If and when you do come out, please let me know how it goes. For now, please try to stay strong, stay safe, and do what's best for you <3

Thank you

• Like 2

It's not something that you are required to do.  The fact that you don't want to have sex with anyone ( = asexual) is a personal status, not something you have to make public.  

• Like 3
lilkawaiivampire
17 minutes ago, -TheSilverWolf- said:

Thank you so much! This makes me feel so much better about being asexual! I will take your guys advice 

Thank you so much again and I will let you know 

Thank you

Awe, anytime :) 

Your pride and happiness in your newly discovered identity are not related to coming out! I also felt that instant need to tell people, as if it was a required validation. When I came out to one of my closest friends (who is bisexual),he explained that "coming out" publicly or to friends and family does not impact who you truly are. If there are people in your life that you want to know, the right time will eventually come. In the meantime, connect with people online and continue to learn more about yourself (and to eat cake). Feel free to message me whenever!! 🍰

• Like 4