• Rick and Morty
    • American Dad!
    • Archer
    • Bob's Burgers
    • King of the Hill
    • Beavis and Butt-head
    • Other (tell us what it is!)

This poll is closed to new votes

i recall seeing an episode of duckman, can't recall anything about the episode though, just that i saw one. it was 2am

6 hours ago, borkfork said:

I don't know about Duckman, but I've watched The Critic recently and still liked it with all the dated pop culture references. Definitely not for those born in the '90s or later.

I rewatched The Critic a few years ago. It wasn't as funny as I remembered, but I still greatly enjoyed the dad and the boss. :D

2 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I rewatched The Critic a few years ago. It wasn't as funny as I remembered, but I still greatly enjoyed the dad and the boss. :D

Penguins can't fly. PENGUINS CAN'T FLY! 

Sleepy Skeleton

Archer! Definitely Archer. I love how it isn't a regular sitcom like The Simpsons or Bob's Burgers but it also doesn't rely on shock/random humor like Family Guy or even Rick and Morty sometimes.

It's filled to the brim with call backs, running jokes ("LANAAAA", Archer's voicemail, Danger Zone, phrasing, etc.), and catchphrases. It's pretty much Arrested Development meets James Bond but in a cartoon.

I also love Rick and Morty. I always like the Simpsons, Family Guy was funny in the earlier seasons, and the rest are just alright.

5 hours ago, Sleepy Skeleton said:

It's pretty much Arrested Development meets James Bond but in a cartoon.

Absolutely! It's that perfect mix of similar and different.

Knight of Cydonia

My personal favourite is Futurama, but I would say Simpsons would most deserve to be considered the greatest (minus the later seasons). As for the best airing right now, definitely Bojack Horseman.

I think you mean cartoons for mature audiences, not "adult" ones! ;)

Personally, I think that Superjail is possibly the greatest non-family friendly cartoon that I've ever seen. It's just so funny and interesting because the animation is so detailed (and looks hand-made)!

What about Aeon Flux? That was probably the most adult animation to air on US television. Probably too weird for the censors to know what was going on. But at the time it came out it was my absolute favorite. It has aged well too. 

My all time favorite TV show is BoJack Horseman, but I really like Futurama, Bob's Burgers, and Archer too.

In the last month or so, I've started watching archer, I'm really liking it

• 2 weeks later...
AcornCarvings

Bojack horseman, avatar the last airbender, steven universe, adventure time, gravity falls, futurama, and (LOTS OF TRIGGER WARNINGS only if your mental health is really good and you love dark humor and bashes at fundamentalism. cuz oh god) moral orel

• 4 weeks later...

Frisky Dingo.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked Bob's Burgers because that's the one my wife and I often curl up and watch together. I also really like Archer, but I can't watch it anymore after recent-ish trauma. It's a bit too over the top sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
scarletlatitude

I like all of these so I just picked the one I'm watching now --- Bob's Burgers 

BoJack Horseman will always be my favorite adult cartoon. I can't wait for season 5 to come out plus I heard that reruns may be coming to cable which makes me SO SIKED! 

• 5 months later...

@Kyon.

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived