Asexual Lesbian?

NearyTheArtist

NearyTheArtist

Before I start this off, I know labels don't matter. I just want to know my sexuality. This is important to me. 

Okay, I am a female and I think girls are pretty. Like, more than pretty, but I wouldn't want to kiss them or get in bed with them. I love the way the female body looks (not in a creepy way), but maybe it's because I'm an artist. I don't know. I do know that I am asexual. I know that there is a such thing as an asexual lesbian, but like I said, I'm not sure I want to kiss a girl. I don't ever see a girl and think "I want to kiss her". I just look at a girl and think "She is so beautiful/cute". I'm not sexually attracted to females, either. 

Men/boys, I'm not attracted to them sexually, romantically, or anything. I don't have any male friends, either. 

I don't really understand what's going on here. Am I some sort of asexual lesbian? I don't think I just look at a girl and think I want to be her, but something else. Not friends, but not romantic partners. A lot of the time, I want to hug a girl. I don't know if that's important. 

Well according to your text it came to my mind that you can be both or homoromantic asexual or aromantic asexual.

I'll explain both:

HOMOROMANTIC ASEXUAL

• You would feel romantic feelings towards females
  • This would make you desire hugs, cuddles and/or kisses, but not likely anything sexual.
  • You would want to have her as a partner, girlfriend (but just with the romantic set of the relationships)

AROMANTIC ASEXUAL applied to your case

• What you are feeling is just aesthetic attraction, appreciating someone's beauty as a piece of art
  • You could develop a squish (aromantic crush) which is a feeling stronger than friends but not reaching the status of couple
  • This would make you want to spend time with her, be with her, talk with her, but not much further.

I'll leave you some pictures here I think they will help you understand what you feeling.

zlo2z.jpg25d484df82088e492a9551ca31f0f229.png

c658258358146f09c818e41ca11d361e.jpg4cc44f8bd2495e191bd968ad97fc46ce--orientation-romantic.jpg

• Like 1

I'd caII that homo-aesthetic asexuaI.. Meaning you find women attractive in an aesthetic sense but don't seem to have any desire to have romantic or sexuaI intimacy with them :)

Have you heard of these words?

- quoiromantic/wtfromantic

- queerplatonic