RE: (A)sexual (2011 documentary)

Dana_LaBerge

Dana_LaBerge

Not sure it belongs here, but I can't figure out where to put discussion of ace media other than here.

I know it wasn't great, and I went into depth as to why in a youtube comment where I reviewed the film, but in the last 24 hours it has basically been removed from the internet.

No joke. Every copy of it on youtube is down due to copyright claim including the official one where you had to pay money to see it, it's not on Netflix anymore, the official site for the movie is dead, I can't find it anywhere. Well, other than the official site of the director Angela Tucker. Which then links to another site where you've got to pay 3 bucks per view to see it. Eventually, because right now it's on "pre-order" with no release date in sight. So yeah, you literally can't watch it anymore.

I had posted a review of it in a comment on youtube and I wish I could access that again to copy it to cloud storage so I wouldn't have to type it up again.

I guess the real solution is to get someone to make a really good documentary about asexuality.

Yep, sorry, I think it was Angela Tucker who had it removed from my Youtube channel too...

Dana_LaBerge

Probably, "tuckergirl" is her online name. The site of hers is tuckergirl.com. All of them got taken down by her within the last day. I found it still up on amazon video, so you have to either pay 4 bucks to rent it or 8 to buy it digitally or you don't get to see it anymore.

I guess the real solution is to get someone to make a really good documentary about asexuality.

Yeah I mean, nothing would be better :P but (A)sexual was important because it's how many people found out asexuality existed. It's not my case, but I saw a lot of newbies starting their intro with that docu.

I happen to have the documentary on a disk somewhere though :)

(had to edit because my post posted itself too early)

Oh no! But that was an important resource for people to figure themselves out and to give asexuality an air of legitimacy when coming out. That documentary was so important in my life. I wouldn't have watched it if it was behind a paywall.. Come to think of it, it was actually a review of this documentary that first led me to discover my asexuality.

Well, then again, asexuality is much more well-known now than it was back then. I'm sure young aces will still be able to figure themselves out.

I really hope they won't put the new planned one behind a paywall though

Spoiler

For people who don't know, I'm talking about this one:

Dana_LaBerge
1 hour ago, Findus said:

Yeah I mean, nothing would be better :P but (A)sexual was important because it's how many people found out asexuality existed. It's not my case, but I saw a lot of newbies starting their intro with that docu.

I happen to have the documentary on a disk somewhere though :)

(had to edit because my post posted itself too early)

I agree, I was one that had heard the term before I saw it but really didn't take it  seriously in my life until I watched that

Archived