Am I asexual?

Okay so I'm 16 and I've never felt sexual attraction. I hadn't even known what sexual attraction was until I searched for it. Maybe it's because I'm too young. I've never fantasized about myself having sex with others. I usually fantisize about fictional characters having sex but it never involves me. Does this mean I'm asexual or I'm still immature? 

2 hours ago, Sell660 said:

Does this mean I'm asexual or I'm still immature? 

Could be either. People online can't really know.

2 hours ago, Sell660 said:

I usually fantisize about fictional characters having sex but it never involves me. 

Have you heard of autochorissexuality/anegosexuality?

1 hour ago, Laurann said:

Could be either. People online can't really know.

Have you heard of autochorissexuality/anegosexuality?

I've just searched what autochorissexuality is and I think it fits me although I don't masturbate and the thought of it makes me really uncomfortable. And I'm a little confused. Are autochorissexuals considered as asexual?

22 minutes ago, Sell660 said:

Are autochorissexuals considered as asexual?

The word was coined by Anthony Bogaert. He wrote that it was a paraphilia, not an orientation/sexuality. 

xrxYIUG.jpg

e82gOB3.jpg

I guess it wouldn't be impossible for sexual people to have the same type of third person fantasies, but I don't think that would be common. I can't find much info on whether sexual people can have this paraphilia. It's an interesting topic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asexuality/comments/5mh6mz/do_allosexual_people_experience/

The conclusion seems to be that sexual people can experience autochorissexuality, but they don't experience it exclusively, whereas asexual people we call autochorissexual don't seem to have first person sexual fantasies at all.

P.S. Tell me if you can't read the chapter of Bogaert's book I quoted because of small letters or something. Maybe I can get it to you some other way.

• Like 1
Member119102
18 minutes ago, Sell660 said:

I don't masturbate and the thought of it makes me really uncomfortable. 

Same, same and 100% same. Never did, never will.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Laurann said:

The word was coined by Anthony Bogaert. He wrote that it was a paraphilia, not an orientation/sexuality. 

xrxYIUG.jpg

e82gOB3.jpg

I guess it wouldn't be impossible for sexual people to have the same type of third person fantasies, but I don't think that would be common. I can't find much info on whether sexual people can have this paraphilia. It's an interesting topic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asexuality/comments/5mh6mz/do_allosexual_people_experience/

The conclusion seems to be that sexual people can experience autochorissexuality, but they don't experience it exclusively, whereas asexual people we call autochorissexual don't seem to have first person sexual fantasies at all.

P.S. Tell me if you can't read the chapter of Bogaert's book I quoted because of small letters or something. Maybe I can get it to you some other way.

Thank you so much for your help. I think now I understand things better. 

• Like 1