body hair or no hair at all

AVEN #1 fan

AVEN #1 fan

You can skip this part

So, I've began to question yesterday what's the point of people wanting to have big breasts or even breasts to start with as part of a personal fill email I have... and I only could figure out 4 reasons for people to have boobs

1. Attention
  2. Breastfeeding
  3. Rib protection
  4. Pass as socially acceptable woman
  5. Body acceptance , lack of care, can't remove them
  6. Warmth
  7. Pockets
  8. Pillows

bbut then.. the cons , there's more cons than pros, and there's stuff like constant torax pain and higher cancer risk, etc. ..

Start here:

And then I tried to find reasons on why people, specially men stay hairy

1. Social approval
  2. Attention including originality in beard styles
  3. Body protection from micro organisms
  4. Can't or don't want it removed , body acceptance
  5. UV protection
  6. Warmth

And then there's reasons specially for women to not have hair

1. Social approval
  2. Attention
  3. less sweating and smell
  4. Less warm

But then there's the cons of shaving,  waxing and epilating like infection risks, skin problems , ingrown hair pain, etc,  and people spend a lot of time doing it , I know people who use tweezers to pull hair one by one or pay too much  to get threading even if the hair will grow back again.

and I know a lot of people do it on a regular basis bc they don't have money to have it removed permanently  or don't want to... anyway what are your reasons to stay hairy ?

Idk,  how do you feel about your body hair ? Your gender id or expression or society affected it ? You prefer to be hairy , clean, have some hair somewhere ? 

Anyway what's the pros and cons of being hairy ?

I also would appreciate to talk to genderfluid amab people or gnc , cis and Trans men.

I don't like my body hair, but I keep it anyway because I don't want to shave, and don't like the pressure. Specifically my arm, leg, armpit, and unfortunately unibrow. :unsure:

I'm AMAB, I dislike rather hate the body hair on my abdomen, chest, and face. I've got very black hair and very light skin, so I notice it easily. For now, I'm shaving my face whenever I notice it bothering me or I'm going out/seeing friends, and I hope eventually to opt for a more permanent solution. 

The rest of my body is... far too much effort and pain. I can wear shirts for most of it, so it's only a problem when I notice it (oh, it's rather more in the last few months...). Honestly my legs and arms and such are also quite dark, but compared to literally anyway else, it's not noticeable, so I don't bother. Personally, I don't want the attention.

@QuirkyGeek I notice eyebrows grow slower than almost anything else. There are these little single bladed razors (oh, they're actually eyebrow razors. Huh.) and they work quite well for that.

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, QuirkyGeek said:

I don't like my body hair, but I keep it anyway because I don't want to shave, and don't like the pressure. Specifically my arm, leg, armpit, and unfortunately unibrow. :unsure:

As a teen I used to find it gross . when I couldn't remove it I wouldn't even show my parts at all... eventually I find out I didn't even show up these parts anymore and I started to not care, if I had to take my hair off I would be doing it just for me but then I don't mind them.

II kinda learned the hard way I shouldn't shave my genitals, once in a while I used to trim them .

mustache hair I still epilate til today,  never wanted a hairy face but still I wonder sometimes If I could wear a mustache and a beard , how would I feel? Idk

I still shave my armpits bc the sweat and i shave legs and arms on summer.

I keep my eyebrows under control. I like having two distinct eyebrows. It's more aesthetically pleasing to me. I used to cut my hair as a rejection of womanhood. Now gender is a non-issue for me as I couldn't care less about gender. Shaving armpits I do occasionally. It's a compulsion more than anything. Not sure why. It... feels good to shave my pits maybe? I shave my nether region sometimes for... sexual reasons. It's easier on my partner. Let's leave it at that. And I shave my legs whenever I'm bored and don't want to get out of the tub but need an excuse to stay in because otherwise I feel lazy. 

AVEN #1 fan

Any way talking about facial hair

Can somebody explain me what's the point of it ? Like is there any other than ingrown hairs, infections and skin problems and marks ?

3 minutes ago, BionicPi said:

I notice eyebrows grow slower than almost anything else. There are these little single bladed razors (oh, they're actually eyebrow razors. Huh.) and they work quite well for that.

Sounds interesting. How often do you have to use them, and would it be too noticeable?

6 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

As a teen I used to find it gross . when I couldn't remove it I wouldn't even show my parts at all... eventually I find out I didn't even show up these parts anymore and I started to care, if I had to take my hair off I would be doing it just for me but then I don't mind them.

II kinda learned the hard way I shouldn't shave my genitals, once in a while I used to trim them .

mustache hair I still epilate til today,  never wanted a hairy face but still I wonder sometimes If I could wear a mustache and a beard , how would I feel? Idk

I still shave my armpits bc the sweat and i shave legs and arms on summer.

I almost forgot about genital hair. I didn''t like it before, and although I don't like it very much now, I know no one's going to look and it has some pros. I got really lucky with no moustache or beard. I often wear sweaters and leggings to cover up my hairs...

3 minutes ago, Rokellia said:

I keep my eyebrows under control. I like having two distinct eyebrows. It's more aesthetically pleasing to me.

I'm considering it since it's becoming more and more noticeable.

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, Rokellia said:

I keep my eyebrows under control. I like having two distinct eyebrows. It's more aesthetically pleasing to me. I used to cut my hair as a rejection of womanhood. Now gender is a non-issue for me as I couldn't care less about gender. Shaving armpits I do occasionally. It's a compulsion more than anything. Not sure why. It... feels good to shave my pits maybe? I shave my nether region sometimes for... sexual reasons. It's easier on my partner. Let's leave it at that. And I shave my legs whenever I'm bored and don't want to get out of the tub but need an excuse to stay in because otherwise I feel lazy. 

I like my hairy brows usually I pluck hair out when they start to glue together.

I don't have to think about this for awhile, but I'm worried about prom. Nowadays there aren't really any prom dresses with sleeves, so that leaves me with a few options. A) Wear something more my style, even though it might not be quite formal enough for a prom and I might not be allowed to go to prom wearing what my idea of lovely formal wear currently is. B) Custom make a dress that I kind of actually like with sleeves. This might be quite expensive though. C) Got to prom with my armpits noticeably unshaven. D) Go to prom and have my armpits shaved for once, even though I don't really want to shave my armpits. E) Don't go to prom.

Eh before coming out as trans I stopped shaving mostly because I was lazy but probably also because it made me seem less feminine. And honestly even if I identified as female I would have stood against the ridiculous social belief that women and people perceived as women need to shave their body hair to be normal, 'properly' feminine, beautiful, or even physically clean. It's so stupid. 

Now that I'm out as a trans man I leave my body hair as it is naturally because it makes my body look more masculine which makes me feel more masculine and better about myself, and also because I'm still lazy. The only reason I ever shaved to begin with was that if I didn't my family would comment that I was "gross" and I was afraid other people would think that too of they saw how hairy I was. But at some point I stopped caring what my family thought and what others might thing and by now it's been long enough that my family got used to the fact that I don't shave, even if they still find it weird and gross, and now to everyone else I'm just a guy and guys are not expected to shave so there's no judgement there. 

15 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Can somebody explain me what's the point of it ?

My guess is it is akin to things like lion manes. Just signals to eligible females that here is an adult male with a certain level of virility. Other than that it's just a pain in the neck (and chin and under the nose, etc.).

I shave my face, because I don't like having whiskers. But not every day, because it's so annoying to shave. Irritates my face. I also shave my legs and underarms, because I prefer how it looks and feels (especially when I dress up). I'm fortunate that I'm not super hairy and what body hair I have is fair and fine for the most part.

AVEN #1 fan
48 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Can somebody explain me what's the point of it ? Like is there any other than ingrown hairs, infections and skin problems and marks ?

OK what I found, pros of having facial hair :

1. UV protection - not a thing for pocs
  2. Warmth - bad on hot climates
31 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

OK what I found, pros of having facial hair :

1. UV protection
  2. Warmth

I have shoulder length hair but none on my face.  Long hair also offers protection from insects, like mosquitos and flies, so I don't use much repellent.

I use less sunscreen on my neck because the hair protects it.  

IN the winter, it is warm so I don't need a scarf. 

FerlynnGoldbeard

I'm technically an intersex woman. Because of how late in life I learned about it, I have some facial hair that's pretty manageable. It doesn't grow that quickly. I shave because it's more aesthetically pleasing to me, and I'm looking into solving the problem permanently. That said, I've always shaved my underarms because I find it more comfortable. I don't however shave my legs. It's always seem rather ridiculous to me that I'm supposed to because I'm a woman. I shaved for a while, but quit. It just takes up so much time! 

I seriously do not feel like shaving, but sometimes I do shave my underarms because it makes me feel cleaner. Some guys shave their underarms too, so... Though I always cover my legs because I don't feel like shaving my legs, but I also don't want to be judged. I have pretty hairy arms as well that I've always been insecure about, but lately I've been sucking it up because it's just way too damn hot.

Blueberry Pie

My legs and arms are pretty darn hairy. I used to feel a little insecure about it because most of my classmates shave or have naturally hairless arms and legs. But now? I don't care. Keeps me warmer in the winter, haha.

I have dark peach fuzz above my lip, almost like a faint mustache. Again, I used to feel a little insecure about it, but not anymore.

I have a slight unibrow too. I don't pluck, wax, or shave my eyebrows. I leave them alone. Honestly, I feel that "perfect" plucked eyebrows are overrated. That's just my opinion, though.

I don't shave my pubic area.

The only thing that I shave is my underarms. I naturally sweat a lot there, so I feel that shaving the underarms helps with cutting down my body odor. Also, for me it feels better.

The curly, dark brown hair on my head used to be really long and tangled. It's now Captain Holly Short's (from the Artemis Fowl series) length. I love it short like this!

19 minutes ago, Blueberry Pie said:

I have a slight unibrow too. I don't pluck, wax, or shave my eyebrows. I leave them alone. Honestly, I feel that "perfect" plucked eyebrows are overrated. That's just my opinion, though.

Good to know there's another person with a bit of a unibrow who doesn't shave or anything there. I find it a comfort when I see other people like me.

ChillaKilla

I'm gonna do this all methodical-like *cracks knuckles*

Head hair: Fun. Trim once a month or so.

Eyebrow hair: Extremely vital, weekly maintenance mandatory. Cannot survive without proper upkeep of brow region.

Facial hair: Shave my creeper-stache, leave my 3 chin hairs alone :')

Armpit hair: Have shaved since 13, stopped recently to see how the other half is. It's extremely sparse. Not bothering to shave at the moment.

Forearm hair: Hawaiian and Asian genetics? Shocker, it's extremely sparse. Barely visible in certain lighting. Never felt any pressure or need or desire to do anything about it.

Chest/stomach hair: Plot twist- it's extremely sparse. Let it be, I don't wanna run the risk of Brillo pad stubble and ingrown hairs. Plus it's very fine and kind of soft so I like it.

Nether hair: I do not tempt fate

Leg hair: Say it with me: e x t r e m e l y s p a r s e. Shaved for, like, a year and a half, then realized I didn't give a flying flip. Haven't touched it since, except on occasions when I'm bored in the tub and just shave a small patch somewhere discreet for no discernible reason :P

I really hate my body and facial hair.

It should just not be there. I shave my face everyday and Body atleast once a week.

swirl_of_blue

I shave my underarms, because it really feels to me like it's easier to smell fresh when there isn't a huge bush of hair under the arm. Plus no clumps of deodorant clinging to the hairs (yes, that has happened). The hairs on my arm I don't mind, especially since they are so light that they are barely noticeable. (Probably) due to my high testosterone levels I have some chest hair, which I think is mostly funny and so I don't do anything about it. Same goes for my stomach. My nether regions I like to keep trimmed but not shaved, mostly for hygienic reasons (and also so that it does not get in the way while having my "private time"). I have hair growth both on my thighs and legs, and while I don't really like the hairy thighs I don't usually do anything about the hair. I used not to shave my legs, and I have never minded the hair being visible, but I nowadays shave them for one reason: I sometimes need to kinesiotape my legs for my football games and the tape stays on better if there's no hair. And pulling the tape off hurts if there's hair stuck to it!

I have never done anything to shape my eyebrows, I just don't see the point. I have very fine, unnoticeable fuzz on my upper lip that I cherish and love (thanks again, high testosterone!), as well two or sometimes three real hairs on the right side on my lip. I really wouldn't mind having a beard and a moustache, as I find them aesthetically extremely pleasing. Maybe it's just good that I have no facial hair as I always get an urge to touch people's beards and would probably spend way too much time just playing with my beard if I had one... Though I'm starting to lean on one day, as the laws hopefully change, trying to make myself more masculine in looks. And that includes a beard, dammit!

J. van Deijck

I have so little hair that I really have nothing to think about. I only have quite hairy forearms and I like them. :o

I've always wanted more facial hair, though. and definitely thicker eyebrows.

I don't have much hair anywhere but my legs and underarms. Sometimes I'll shave my underarms so they're less sweaty and I'll shave my legs if I have enough shame. 

I'm grossed out by body hair so I just get rid of mine. Idk something about feeling it brush against something sends chills up my spine.

Mezzo Forte

I fucking love my body hair, and I loved it before I came out to myself as male. I just love the aesthetic and happen to take pride in just how much hair I can grow. 

Seriously, my leg hair is so thick that mosquitoes don't bite my legs anymore.

I've actually gotten compliments on my arm hair, and I actually quite enjoy that my armpit hair can get so goddamn long. I worry about male pattern baldness, but my head hair still seems to be plenty thick, and while I love it short, I do take pride in the fact that it reached my knees before I cut it all off.

My facial hair looks trashy as hell, but fuck, it's visible facial hair. You have no idea how happy I am that it's coming in. I just know that I'll be able to grow a super badass beard sometime in the coming years, and I kind of hope it'll be able to grow super long so I can experiment with stuff like viking braids. Seriously, I used to braid my head hair because of their practicality, and I might as well put that experience to use if my beard can grow long enough.

P.S. I hate shaving. Ingrown hairs are basically a guarantee every time I shave, no matter what I do to prevent them.

16 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I fucking love my body hair, and I loved it before I came out to myself as male. I just love the aesthetic and happen to take pride in just how much hair I can grow. 

Seriously, my leg hair is so thick that mosquitoes don't bite my legs anymore.

I've actually gotten compliments on my arm hair, and I actually quite enjoy that my armpit hair can get so goddamn long. I worry about male pattern baldness, but my head hair still seems to be plenty thick, and while I love it short, I do take pride in the fact that it reached my knees before I cut it all off.

My facial hair looks trashy as hell, but fuck, it's visible facial hair. You have no idea how happy I am that it's coming in. I just know that I'll be able to grow a super badass beard sometime in the coming years, and I kind of hope it'll be able to grow super long so I can experiment with stuff like viking braids. Seriously, I used to braid my head hair because of their practicality, and I might as well put that experience to use if my beard can grow long enough.

P.S. I hate shaving. Ingrown hairs are basically a guarantee every time I shave, no matter what I do to prevent them.

I think it's cool that you like your body hair. As someone who has trouble liking my body hair, but doesn't like the idea of shaving, it makes me happier to see other people who don't shave, especially when they're very happy about it.

Mezzo Forte
15 minutes ago, QuirkyGeek said:

I think it's cool that you like your body hair. As someone who has trouble liking my body hair, but doesn't like the idea of shaving, it makes me happier to see other people who don't shave, especially when they're very happy about it.

I'm glad my enthusiasm can have a positive effect on others. :) Honestly, I was far more self-conscious about growing my hair out at first, but I was so thoroughly done with shaving and ingrown hairs that I persisted, and that was actually how I discovered that I liked the look. Plus, I feel like it's made my skin feel that much healthier. My body hair is actually quite soft to the touch too, so it even pleases me on a tactile level. :P

I will admit though, passing as male definitely makes it easier to display body hair openly in public. Nobody ever said anything to me before I transitioned, but I did have at least one person assume I was a hardcore lesbian. :lol:

Mezzo Forte

I actually had to shave my chest and armpits for my top surgery, and that completely confirmed how wrong shaven skin feels on my pits in particular now. (The armpit hair still isn't back to its terminal length yet, and I actually use that as a reminder that my surgery is still pretty fresh and maybe I shouldn't push myself too hard. :P) I was thankful that my skin was shaven when I got the huge bandage off my chest though because that would have basically been a waxing session otherwise.

That said, holy bejeezus does waxing suck. Tried it once in high school, and I never will again. Tried an epilator too, and didn't last 3 seconds before I decided it wasn't worth it. Heck, my mom offered to take me to get laser hair removal because of my hatred of shaving, and even back then, I wasn't comfortable with the idea of permanently losing any of my body hair.

It's there.

That's all.

Body hair is one of my sensitive issues. For a female, I think mine is too much and grows too fast. I think I may have high testosterone, but this is the only sign of it that I have. For a male, it would be too little. I think it goes wrong with my feminine body.... But it doesn't really feel bad to have it and if it wasn't a society thing to shave it I wouldn't do so, since I hate shaving so much and after a week of shaving all my legs and armpits hair is already showing up and growing, after two weeks is like I had never shaved (I use a machine and my mother says it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks for the hair to grow) I am starting to think of not shaving it, but my parents would never accept it... And because of that I feel self-conscious of it and the need to shave appears again and the cycle repeats and I hate it. If only I was a bit more masculine body type wise, it wouldn't feel so weird to not shave.... And it's not even legs and armpits, my arms are also very hairy and my chest and belly too (not like a male, but definitely more than the normal female)... I get so self-conscious that I can't dress clothes that show my upper body and belly area.

Or I accept it or get it removed, but with the pressure my parents put in me in being feminine and doing what females have to do, it will be hard to accept it.... 

Last weekend my mother actually said I should do permanent removal of my chin hair, because I'm too young for it to start to grow.

Archived