This is a little intimidating for me to share, but I'm kind of drowning in anxiety over it, so...

I identify as asexual having never felt sexually attracted to someone and oftentimes feeling sex averse entirely, but I also masturbate on occasion. This confuses me because I don't fantasize or anything, it's just a physical sensation. I feel overwhelmed by shame because of the stigma surrounding it and confusion about its relationship to my asexuality. I keep doing it and sort of enjoy the sensation up to the point of release (sorry if TMI 😬) but then I want to cry and curl up in a ball and I'm so disgusted with myself. Does this happen to anyone else/does anyone have words of advice, comfort, or explanation? It's definitely not attached to anyone or myself, but it's still pleasurable. Except that it makes me feel like shit afterwards... I'm not sure where that feeling stems from

thank you!!

Where is this shame coming from? It isn't rational.

It's your body. Do what you want with it.

• Like 1

Usually I don't have classic sexual fantasies during masturbation I more think where I like to be touched and imagine how the touch feels. I enjoy the feeling especially before orgasm. I am mostly not doing it for the orgasm.

There is nothing to be ashamed of. Most people do it, it does not harm yourself or anybody else. I don't know the values in your environment. It is not a topic I would discuss with everybody, because I don't know if they are comfortable with it. However everybody I talked with sees it as normal to do, whatever your reason is.

• Like 1

your brain gearing back to more logical operations can have your logic asking what the point was of what you just did, when it seemed pretty clear previously. and thats ok

• Like 1

Thank you everybody! This is all helpful and has given me an alternate perspective besides the voices in my head.. I definitely don't think its wrong as a whole, but it is interesting that I would give myself a hard time about it. That probably speaks to a larger self-kindness issue that I'm working on :) But it was helpful to read your responses because I don't think I ever considered why I think its such a big deal. I mean who's going to know unless I tell them? I'm the only one who's judging me and why?

Anyway! Thanks! <3

• Like 1