What makes you feel better when you're feeling sad?

erf

Depends what kind of sad, but here are a few things I do:

- Write it out to express what I'm feeling

- Stare out a window (I actually do this. I might be Jack from 30Rock)

- Watch a disney movie I've already seen to many times

- Sleep

- Call someone I really trust

- Go for a walk

The two main things that makes me feel better is sleep and comedy. There are others, but those top it hands down. Both helps keep my mind off things.

Same mostly listen to music, and also watch children's movies or random videos. If it's a sadness caused by or involving someone else then talking to them about it could help depending on who it is. Crying, and napping later, can also help. 

I also seem to like being coddled, and I think if it was possible I'd like to be cuddled too sometimes. 

arekathevampyre

- Listen to music 

- Take a long nap 

- Drink a nice cold glass of water/juice/tea/coffee (or soda if I am mad) 

- Draw/paint 

- Read books 

- Watch movies (usually violent/gore to release built up tension) 

- writing letters/diary (I used to keep journals but now no longer do it - But I do write letters) 

Most of the time is listening to music for hours on end . 

Don't use alcohol/drugs/tobacco to numb yourself though . I wanted to start drinking when I was still underage but I am lucky I didn't because my body wasn't build to consume alcohol lol . I DON'T smoke/take drugs too . 

Depends what has me sad exactly, but if anything's likely to make me feel better it would be just having a chat with my partner.

Otherwise, my coping mechanism is usually just to sleep.  Which doesn't really have me feeling better, but feeling nothing at all due to unconsciousness is still preferable

Hanging out with my brother. We're super close. 

Maybe I kinda do the Barney thing. I don't know, I don't really get sad, just disappointed with whoever/whatever happened. I think about how I can avoid it in the future, run through scenarios of an argument in my head and how I could respond to get my point across effectively. If it seems like the whole situation was futile then it kind of vindicates my position and I feel justified.

I've been listening to Linkin Park since I was 7. I've listened to their songs through countless problems and now they remind me of the strength I've demonstrated in getting through those problems. They're rich with the burning ambition to overcome a thousand bad experiences.

Last, apple tea. It is so pleasant.

I do one of many things depending on how sad I am:

1. Watch or read something funny (Usually MLP:FiM, fan fiction, FiMfiction or cartoons & anime in general... Don't judge...)

2. Listen to Anna Blue or other artists like her... Damien Dawn too.. Look them up; They're GOOD... 0_0

3. Draw some dang cartoons MY WAY...

4. Read books from personal library

5. Talk to myself since I give the best advice... Until I charge myself for my time... -_- 

6. Tell or write dark humor jokes... Trust me when I say there's a reason dark humor has a BAD reputation in comedic circles...

7. Tea, Food and Childhood Films = BETTER... 

Definitely depends on the kind of sad I'm feeling!

If someone said something super upsetting to me, I usually vent it out to my friends and especially to my boyfriend. I seek comfort, reassurance, and any kind of distraction they can provide me. My boyfriend used to write me poems, and my friends usually take me out for a walk.

Got into a fight with my boyfriend sad?

I talk to one or two friends about the issue and reflect. Usually just mope around, listen to music or talk to my siblings about their day instead.

Go to stuff is definitely music, drawing and talking it out. There have been instances where I'd write out my feelings, but I haven't had the need to in a long time.

Take care everyone! ;w; /

arekathevampyre
4 minutes ago, raichuu said:

Definitely depends on the kind of sad I'm feeling!

If someone said something super upsetting to me, I usually vent it out to my friends and especially to my boyfriend. I seek comfort, reassurance, and any kind of distraction they can provide me. My boyfriend used to write me poems, and my friends usually take me out for a walk.

Got into a fight with my boyfriend sad?

I talk to one or two friends about the issue and reflect. Usually just mope around, listen to music or talk to my siblings about their day instead.

Go to stuff is definitely music, drawing and talking it out. There have been instances where I'd write out my feelings, but I haven't had the need to in a long time.

Take care everyone! ;w; /

great one !! :D

arekathevampyre
17 minutes ago, TopHatCat said:

Maybe I kinda do the Barney thing. I don't know, I don't really get sad, just disappointed with whoever/whatever happened. I think about how I can avoid it in the future, run through scenarios of an argument in my head and how I could respond to get my point across effectively. If it seems like the whole situation was futile then it kind of vindicates my position and I feel justified.

I've been listening to Linkin Park since I was 7. I've listened to their songs through countless problems and now they remind me of the strength I've demonstrated in getting through those problems. They're rich with the burning ambition to overcome a thousand bad experiences.

Last, apple tea. It is so pleasant.

OMG !! Linkin Park :redface:

arekathevampyre
44 minutes ago, arowace said:

Hanging out with my brother. We're super close. 

Me too . But now I will have to survive alone . Nonetheless I will/can do it . 

Making music, listening to music, reading, writing things down, children's books, cuddling, talking (unless it's the kind of sad that binds my tongue), sport, going outside.

Crying helps sometimes since it helps with getting the sad feeling out. Having plushies and my cats around helps too, they're comforting! I'm not exactly sure what's the exact things that make me feel better when I'm sad though since the feeling doesn't always go.

1 hour ago, Charlie Inachis said:

sport

Oh yeah, that reminds me... Punching things makes me feel better too. Though I often worry about being destructive, so I've been considering going boxing or something so I can punch at my heart's content. Things like pillows and stress balls just doesn't completely fulfill it for me.

Depends on why I'm sad.

If its the loss of someone close to me, there's no consoling. Its just crying it out, until you're feeling better. I try to surround myself with family and friends, to help pick each other up, however. In this situation, I like to use humor, to help lift others up, even though it feels like my heart has dropped a foot in my body. I deal with my emotions, alone but helping others seems to make things better, faster.

If its something milder, and just a bad day or something of the sort. I turn to music. I really love watching comedy. That helps, immensely. Many of my friends and relatives have kids. I find being around a smiling toddler, will wipe whatever sadness you're feeling. Hard to feel sorry for yourself, when your nieces and nephews want to play a game of soccer with you, when you visit them.

I try to surround myself with positive vibes. It helps, immensely.

I also love helping others. I think this helps with the vibes, but also makes it difficult for sadness to remain too long.

I also turn to art, as I can get the emotions out. A nature power walk, is like magic. I find especially if among the nature, your feelings just melt away. Experiencing a nice sunset, makes you forget your problems. I try to do this daily, or as often as possible. It just is so serenity inducing.

If you're in a relationship, dealing with stress or the like--I highly recommend them. You'll thank me.

J. van Deijck

snuggling with certain person, hot baths, music, kitties and nice food.

optionally buying cute things online.

swirl_of_blue

It depends on what kind of sad I am. If I'm "frustrated-sad" when something is not going the way I want and I'm not sure what I should do to make it better I might go jogging, cycling or otherwise excersise. If I can't do anything about the situation that is bugging me, at least I can do something that is beneficial for me. If I'm "overwhelmed-tired-sad" and it feels like the whole world is just collapsing on me I'll need to do something that has nothing to do with me in any way: I'll play a video game, read a book of fiction or watch TV. My "in the case all else fails" go-to is watching pro wrestling, because nothing else makes me detatch myself from reality as strongly. Sometimes when I'm sad I get the urge to eat to comfort myself, but I try to avoid it as I know I'll just feel guilty about it later. Sometimes listening to music helps, sometimes it makes things worse.

I usually watch King Ross from Whatculture yell and insult everyonr lol.

Sometimes I sleep it out.

I'm not even going to lie, a good meme always manages to make my day a little better if I'm feeling sad.

Grumpy Alien

In no order at all:

Animals/pets 

Cozy naps

Talking to friends

Hugs

Coloring

Reading

Watching feel good tv, films, and documentaries

Ice cream

Carbs/comfort foods

Tea