What makes you feel better when you're feeling sad?

erf

18 minutes ago, Stheg said:

I go on strenuous hikes and listen to music. Preferably alone.

this, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sing, dance, draw, listen to melancholic music, play Sims, and read. All of that requires me to be alone. If I need to feel better really quickly, I watch the Office.

Strange But Not a Stranger

Listening to music

Going for a walk

Losing myself in my favourite hobby/interest

Writing (often to get whatever is bothering me off my chest)

Playing a video game

Sleeping

-Cuddling with my cat and/or my husbando pillow.

-Self-soothing, like hugging myself or rubbing my hand down the back of my head.

-If I happen to be outside, then looking at the nature around me can be helpful too.

Asexual._.Blanket

In this order-

Β 

- Cry

- Become depressed because I'm emotional unstable af

- Rant to my (only) two (internet) friends

- Die a bit more on the inside

- Sleep

- Listen to music while drawing

- Cry some more

- And then at some point I get my ish together

Β 

:D

When I feel really sad the only thing that can help me is Music.Β 

Almost all music

But when my sadness reaches "the top" Music becomes useless and I must sleepΒ :mellow:

I grab my panther doll, wich I have since birth, hold it very tightly and cry some. Or lay it somewhere on my bed and use it as a pillow and crawl into a ball. Mostly when I do this my cat comes to check on me, so I scratch her.

Write about it. Watch Friends/Family Guy/etc. Eat something good. Drink tea. Sometimes nothing seems to help but time, so I just accept that I'm sad and wait for the next day.

flagsforhippos

When someone comes across a situation stoked by anger or ignorance and approaches it with calmness and compassion I do feel a bit better about the world. Some people remind me to look for the good within myself and others and I find the sadness lifts a little.

Β 

Well done to the mods who keep their heads when everybody else seems to be losing theirs.

I’ve been sad a lot lately so I just have been binge watching Bobs burgers and listening to all the podcasts made by the people on my favorite morning radio program (Elvis Duran and the Morning Show).Β 

Archived