IQ test

Alexandmb

This was a pretty terrible IQ test xD

SoCV5Qy.png

I already know my IQ is 135.

This is another test I did, that scored you 3 different ways. 

G00VnqW.png

On this test, I had no ability to write. So I did much poorer on some of the questions. (I did it on mobile)

A mere monkey
Your IQ score lies within a range of 121 up to 137.

Doing the first one

Mine said 127-143...I wish!! 

I don't know how much I trust the validity of this test, lol. I don't know if I'd call myself a near-genius exactly, at least I think my old teachers probably would beg to differ😂😂

Fun test though! It was kind of challenging, haha

Ok yeah, I retook the test a few times and changed my gender, and it gave me a different score. So I'm going to have to say this test is highly inaccurate. 

I've never trusted online IQ tests...

Considering the last time I took a test like that it scored me at 178 I'm gonna call bull.

I put absolutely no stock in IQ tests, most are about noticing patterns.

Scottthespy

This is ALL visual pattern recognition....no written word puzzles, no logic puzzles, its all just 'spot the pattern'. 

But...notoriously, online IQ tests are bunk. They're like using a BMI calculator as you ONLY measure of physical fitness. Even 'proper', government issued tests that rate you in a percentile, rather than an 'IQ' number, are not all their cracked up to be. This test is about as accurate and useful as any online personality test. Fun to take, but don't take it too seriously. 

Yeah, this test definitely doesn't seem accurate. I got this as a result... To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical about the results of any IQ test, especially a free, short one online.

Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to 149, or it may be even higher!

To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical about the results of any IQ test, especially a free, short one online.

Well that was different from the older ones... at least the patterns were more consistent than I remember.

I got this: Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to 149, or it may be even higher!

Félinferno

"Your IQ score lies within a range of 116 up to 132."

Taking my result with a grain of salt, since others on this thread have said the test is inaccurate. 

Just now, Vyridis said:

Taking my result with a grain of salt, since others on this thread have said the test is inaccurate. 

An IQ test is a psychological battery. No way can a 10 question pattern test match an IQ test.

Yeah both of them are not good IQ tests in any way. But at least they know what a standard deviation is, kind of xD

funny enough I got 133-149 on the one test and 125 on the other - while apparently solving ALL 10 questions correctly so why is my IQ not higher in the second one? even more bullshit ^^ 

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

This article shows a psychologist saying similar things to what I expected, ie "we have successful tests and we have the idea of successful test developers. Those ideas are likely to be approximately correct, but we do not yet have a strong theory of the cognitive processes that occur while taking IQ tests."
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/what-do-iq-tests-test-interview-with-psychologist-w-joel-schneider/

I still think that intelligence is a social construct, in that it's something which is far easier to assess from your own judgements from the outside, and how people treat it around you affects your own idea of how intelligent you are. For people who agree that gender is a social construct, this should sound familiar! There are norms based on your socioeconomic position which determine the level of intelligence which people ascribe to you, they affect your opinion on yourself but they can't predict what you succeed at in the future.

People will probably disagree with me, but this just stems from a general distrust of the field of psychology.

I took the official mensa test, got 156 on the catell 3 (top 1% of the population)

I took a psychology class a while ago and the professor gave the class an IQ test one week because that was our current topic. He was suprised when I scored 158 and gave me a second, more accurate test but I don't remember what test it was exactly. I ended up with a 164 on the second test. 

I also remember taking an IQ test when I was about 9-10 although I didn't know that's what I was doing at the time. The school wanted me tested because they probably wanted to put me in a special classroom since I never did any of the work. I was just bored though, and I scored so high they moved me into an advanced class where I actually had interesting things to do. I don't know what I scored though and my mom doesn't remember but she said it was high. It sure suprised everyone and I don't think the teachers/administrators at the school were very thrilled about me joining the gifted program. 

• 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

You have answered 9 of the 10 questions correctly.

That indicates an IQ score of 125 or more. That equals a university education level.

hahahah XD my IQ is around 140 from what I know, nor that I even feel intelligent 

Archived