Questioning

Spoiler

i  am questioning my sexuality. I've never believed myself to be heterosexual. As a child and a teen i identified as a bisexual. I think i may be something else though.

i dont enjoy sex, unless it's self rendered (TMI, I know. im sorry) i am physically attracted to both genders, just dont like sex with anyone besides myself.

is there a name for that, or what would be the closest to it? ive asked and talked to a few people about it and most think it could be some type of asexual...

i just want to know if there are others like me, and what they identify as... i feel like im alone in the way i feel sexually. i did find a "flag" that is kind of how i identify, i guess it was the pansexual colours in the background and the asexual colours in a heart in the foreground... idk what it means, technically.. nut yeah.. im all over the place trying to figure this out.

thank you.

There's autochorissexual, which sounds like me, but I wouldn't worry about labels or group identification. Just be among your own kind, where you find them.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to these forums! Have some cake, our traditional welcome gift: :cake:. And don't worry, that was in no way TMI around here :-)

Is this physical attraction of an aesthetic, sensual, or sexual nature? Probably not the latter, but I'd rather not rule out that you can be sexually attracted, yet are sex-averse. If the physical attraction goes hand in hand with a romantic interest, you could look into the label "biromantic". If not liking partnered sex implies not feeling sexually attracted to anyone, that would be "asexual". Both can be combined, of course.

I hope you'll find some answers, and maybe some friends, around here :-)

• Like 1

i have been strictly physically attracted to many people.

i have also been strictly emotionally attracted to people.

its always been one or the other for me, but both have happened with more than one person at various life stages. 

i just dont like sex with anyone, with those i find mentally or physically attractive. Sex with myself is the only way ive ever been able to actually enjoy it.

I'd like to be of help by suggesting some labels you might research, but I still don't get what you mean. "physical" and "emotional" are a bit vague. Have you read about the different types of attraction in the AVEN wiki? Maybe you can use some of those terms to describe what you feel?

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Attraction

That page also mentions a lot of labels that go with the different types of attraction.

18 hours ago, uncertain said:

i have been strictly physically attracted to many people.

So, was that physical attraction like...

a) Now that's someone I'd like to hug/caress/kiss! (sensual)

b) What a body! Get up on that pedestal and turn around slowly, so I can enjoy the sight. (aesthetic)

c) I'd really like to have sex with you, but... I just don't like it. (sexual)

i have also been strictly emotionally attracted to people.

As in...

d) It's so good to talk to you, you're a real support - and thanks for not asking me for a date. (platonic)

e) You make me feel all giddy, and when you're gone I can't wait until I see you again - but please keep your hands off me anyway. (romantic)

its always been one or the other for me

Like "you can give me a massage, but keep your mouth shut, because I don't care how your day was" and "I really like to spend time with you, but don't kill the mood by trying to kiss me"?