Join my Duolingo club! (7XZRNF)

Yatogami

On 7/19/2017 at 5:48 PM, Just Me, Myself and...Zie? said:

I would join, but I don't know how to...there's no 'search' button in DuoLingo or anything :blink:

Are you on desktop or on your phone? Clubs are only available on android and IOS.

1 minute ago, Iam-me said:

I'm not learning Japanese but I want to join :( I cant fnd that funtion yet.

Are you on your phone or on your computer?

Just now, Iam-me said:

laptop :-/ 

Can't join a club then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
Just now, Laurann said:

Can't join a club then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:mellow: But, but I want to join :( lol, I'll try with my phone then :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'm not so active in duo now, but I wonder if  there a Japanese YouTube channel anyone would recommend me? maybe that can get me more into learning :P

I don't like manga.  :blush: 

I like comedy, news, fashion, make-up, technology, cultural things.  

On 8/5/2017 at 6:51 AM, Iam-me said:

I'm not so active in duo now, but I wonder if  there a Japanese YouTube channel anyone would recommend me? maybe that can get me more into learning :P

I don't like manga.  :blush: 

I like comedy, news, fashion, make-up, technology, cultural things.  

ThatJapanesemanYuta (or something similar, it will come up)

Hes great! He does a lot of culture videos, and makes email subscriptions of various levels for learning Japanese.

Japanesepodcast101

Great for everything from grammar to kanji.

Fun Youtubers I like:

Rachel&Jun

Jun's Kitchen 

Both are incredible! Tons of good information and cultural videos.

Avoid youtuber Kanadajin at all costs. She is a terrible person, and hurt a lot of Jvloggers before. Don't give her revenue.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
On 8/8/2017 at 8:16 PM, Yato God of Tofu said:

ThatJapanesemanYuta (or something similar, it will come up)

Hes great! He does a lot of culture videos, and makes email subscriptions of various levels for learning Japanese.

Japanesepodcast101

Great for everything from grammar to kanji.

Fun Youtubers I like:

Rachel&Jun

Jun's Kitchen 

Both are incredible! Tons of good information and cultural videos.

Avoid youtuber Kanadajin at all costs. She is a terrible person, and hurt a lot of Jvloggers before. Don't give her revenue.

Oh! Thanks! I'm going to check that! However I'm a bit  reluctant to keep on trying to learn Japanese.

1 hour ago, Iam-me said:

Oh! Thanks! I'm going to check that! However I'm a bit  reluctant to keep on trying to learn Japanese, every time I have use Duolingo for it I dream with very clear Japanese written words that I cannot even read because of course I'm just starting lol,  I even rarely dream with written words in Spanish lol. In the last one I was a Sensei to be and my master which I could only hear was pushing me to give better kicks, every time I improved and got disciplined it was reveled a new word and the goal was to decode the secret message  :mellow: :lol:. I want to kick nothing, I'm not even familiar with martial arts or the like, I'm familiar with nothing that's Japanese, so I find very odd this dreams. :lol: 

Is any of you dreaming in other languages? :unsure:

I get Tetris effect in dreams due to watching too much anime sometimes. So you can say durring those incidences I feel like I'm fluent.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
19 hours ago, Yato God of Tofu said:

I get Tetris effect in dreams due to watching too much anime sometimes. So you can say durring those incidences I feel like I'm fluent.

I didnt' know there was Tetris shapes in anime :mellow:. I'm not doing much Japanese in Duolingo, but still it happens in those  dreams. 

1 minute ago, Iam-me said:

I didnt' know there was Tetris shapes in anime :mellow:. I'm not doing much Japanese in Duolingo, but still it happens does dreams. 

Not tetris literally lol. Its just named after tetris. Its a short term memory thing. It was named after the incident that appeares when tetris was first out. It happens any time you're focused on something completely for a few hours. You can get it with everything. It kinda burns into your memory, so you can't stop thinking about it, and it interfears with sleep. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
On 9/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, Yato God of Tofu said:

Not tetris literally lol. Its just named after tetris. Its a short term memory thing. It was named after the incident that appeares when tetris was first out. It happens any time you're focused on something completely for a few hours. You can get it with everything. It kinda burns into your memory, so you can't stop thinking about it, and it interfears with sleep. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Oh! Thanks for the info, I know there was such a thing, I didn't knew it was called Tetris effect. :blush: 

32 minutes ago, Iam-me said:

Oh! Thanks for the info, I know there was such a thing, I didn't knew it was called Tetris effect. :blush: 

It used to occur to me when I was studying to become a fashion designer (I quit right away BTW) but I had many dreams about clothes and shapes and new dresses, my brain was doing cool when sleeping and it was nice.  

I have a sleep disorder, were I get hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep walk when I focus on things for a while (Which pretty much is what tetris effect is, but you're not half asleep). So it's very uncomfortable to me because I'm not only very prone to tetris effect, it affects me worse than normal people. Since I don't have a very firm grip on reality, due to my habit of dissassociating and maladaptive daydreaming. The tetris effect can overshadow my mind (make me loose my sense of self) a good deal, resulting in obsessive behavior around the focus of whatever I was doing that caused it. It causes me to act it out in dreams, think in specific patterns, and my body will sometimes react to the mental images because I'm so engrossed in it. 

I got it with anime, were I suddenly understood Japanese and could think in it somewhat. 

I got it with Supernatural once, that resulted in gory nightmares and me thinking I was Sam Winchester a few times. 

Great for learning stuff though :P

Aww I wanted to join but apparently you have to be learning Japanese and I'm learning Swedish. 

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
On 9/8/2017 at 7:38 PM, Liebelit said:

Aww I wanted to join but apparently you have to be learning Japanese and I'm learning Swedish. 

Yeah, I though it was a general group too, but it's not

Archived