Deus Ex Infinity

Best Friends For Life

Recommended Posts

Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity

This goes out to one of the best friends I ever had. He's not ace but that's not the point. I just want to get this off my chest for once. To let him know how much he means to me. How grateful I am.

I never believed in things like love or friendship, simply because I was taught by past experience since my early childhood that these thing wouldn't exist. It was all just lies and illusions. I had to grow up fast, loosing my innocence along the way. Nothing but one dramatic story among billions of others. Nothing special really.

Yet, I still remember the day when we first met on Second Life all those years ago. We started out as casual friends. Everything was fine. I never had any close contacts there. Until the day, he walked up to me, asking me to be his sister. Not only online but for real. I was totally shocked and stunned since I'd never been asked something like this before. I really couldn't believe it for quite a long time but as time passed by I recognized that he had been damn serious about it so I accepted the offer gratefully because I never had much of a family just like him.

I became part of a new world, a new fandom for many years. I met some weird but even more amazing people along the way. I created my very own world, established small projects, gathered and inspired quite a lot of other characters. I never wanted to stand in the spotlights but always found myself right in the middle of their neverending sympathy and admiration somehow. The only thing I ever wanted was to help and protect people. They came to me for advise, support, parties, inspiration or laughter. I never thought about myself but the well-being of my friends and partners. Some contacts faded over time, while others remained. We shared waves of tears and waves of joy. Till the day, my RL crumbled, leading me down to a wrong decision. It was the only logical chocie to me but I underestimated the consequences that would follow.

I received a second chance, a new life. Most of the people I knew had left by the time I came back to this world. I've lost almost all of my memories and skills. There was nothing to hold on to. Except him. My dear loyal friend. J.B. He never left my side, he stayed when everyone else was gone. He never judged or growled, he never gave up on me. No matter what I did or said. There were times when I misbehaved for worse as I couldn't understand the world I had brought back into. I was scared, lost and confused. He never let me fall. He never pushed me away. He was just there, constant, understanding, patient, forgiving. Like a rock. He always said that we would be friends till the end of time but there was a part inside of me that never believed it for real. It forced me to finally face and accept the truth of his words. It was the most painful lesson I ever had to learn. I was used to help and protect others while always keeping my distance from close emotional bonds. I was stigmatized from the past. Events, burried deep down in my soul. The only thing I had learned was to never trust anyone. To never lean on given promises. I was used to betrayal, lies and temporaly illusions. I couldn't deal with the fact that there would be something to really believe or hold onto.

Heaven knows, that I was well known for my stubborn, proud, selfless, closed-up, passionate, anti-social attitude. Everything was fine, as far as people would stay away from me with serious positive thoughts or feeelings for me. I was allergic to compliments or flirts of any kind. I saw the good in everything around me except myself. So much self-hatred, guilt and pain. I had been on the run my whole life..but you gotta face your demons sometimes.

J.B. went through it all with me. 2014 and 2016. I've changed a lot after the second lethal accident. I wanted to break off contact with everyone. It wasn't really hard to do since there had been nothing left except my soulmate, RL relatives and himself. I wanted them to leave. They did. Except him. Once again. I was the one who pushed him away back then since I was totally sure that he wouldn't understand my new personality and it was really tough for him indeed. We had a lot of intense, dark conversations. He didn't know how to treat me at first. Everything seemed so different. I wasn't the girl he used to know anymore. The main features of my character had been vanished. Light had been been replaced by darkness.

Yet, he still sensed some remaining parts of my old character. He clinged on to it. Never let go of it. Even as I approached him like a stranger, he tried to see through my walls. We had fights and drama. But at the very end his love, support and patience ripped those shields apart. He was there, still. Holding my hand, pulling me right into his arms when the last pieces of my old world crashed down on me. He dried my tears after my one and only turned his back on me. All these golden promises..faded away. I never thought that this could have happened. It did. He was everything to me. He had been the reason for the second accident. I'd believed in his words till the very end. He said he would never leave me. Yet, he did. J.B. stayed. He still does.

He's somewhere out there right now. I don't know if we'll ever meet again for real as we once did. It was one of the best times in my life actually. We had so much fun back then. He's a such a terrific crazy guy. I was never able to really let him know how much he meant to me. I've never been good with words or expressing my emotions. I just tried to not feel anything at all. To always stay on the safe side. I had lost too many beloved people in my life before.

I want to thank him for letting me realize the only lecture I'd never understood:

Friendship truly does exist. Not only for others but also for myself.

I may never be able to love myself or see all those good things in me, like all these other people used to to but I have to accept that there's one person on Earth that will never let go of me. I was scared but things have changed because of him.

I hope he will be able to read this someday. Thank you so much for being there. I love you. You can always count on me too. Friends forever and a day!

 

R.W.& J.B.

 

Dedicated with deep devotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_edlEw_nkg

 

Note: this thread is meant as general appreciation thread for everyone here to share appreciation for their own special friends. So if there's someone you love – go ahead and let it show!


 


 

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity

Special thanks and gratitude to @RHD95 for all your patience and understanding. I really enjoy and appreciate our DX fan conversations and casual RL chatting  :D  I hope the HP reading's still going well ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alpha decay   
alpha decay

I think I might just mention my bf. there are so many reasons why he deserves appreciation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezzo Forte   
Mezzo Forte

I was quite literally born with a best friend for life: my twin. :) Our personalities always blended well, and we always enjoy each other's company. We're basically guaranteed to be bonded for life.

 

I also have my best friend of 11 years, and there's no summarizing what he means to me. We have a really nice emotional intimacy that we both recognize as 100% platonic. :) 

 

There's actually a friend who I've only known for 2 years who quickly became one of the dearest friends I've ever had. Pretty sure we basically have a platonic work spouse kind of connection. Part of why I want to work in a university is to make friendships like these. :) 

 

(As far as AVEN bffls go, it's hard not to mention Hadley. :P Can't say I've ever had an AVEN friendship last so long, and they've definitely never been quite so close.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity

Loving hugs and dedication going out to @arekathevampyre @SimplyAce @alpha decay and @Malini (for understanding and sharing the experience of living in alternate realities)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre
2 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Loving hugs and dedication goes out to @arekathevampyre @SimplyAce @alpha decay and @Malini (for understanding and sharing the experience of living in alternate realities)

thank you . and you too . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alpha decay   
alpha decay
4 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Loving hugs and dedication going out to @arekathevampyre @SimplyAce @alpha decay and @Malini (for understanding and sharing the experience of living in alternate realities)

:blush:

 

too much of awesomeness. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity
1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

:blush:

 

too much of awesomeness. <3

*throws all the awesomeness back at you all*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre

Okay I am gonna start my super long message here . 

 

First and foremost , a great thank you to all who have supported me while I deal with my mental health issues and the pain of losing someone I love dearly . You know who you are so I do not need to name anyone . The real reasons why I am not naming anyone is because firstly , there are too many of you and secondly , I cannot remember your names so yeah . sorry about that . This includes people who are in the telegram group (I hope you guys are seeing this) . 

 

Secondly , I will like to take the time to show appreciation to dearest @edward ford , who is no longer with us , sadly . I am so glad to have known him as a friend and as a twin/soulmate. We are really close (I believed I had mentioned this to some of you before) and within days of meeting on telegram/AVEN , we went from friends to siblings . We are like best friends/family (hence the term twins) and the 99.9% similarity in personality and interest definitely play a part in this . Though I wasn't able to meet him personally (especially during the time he was sick) , we stayed in contact (with the time difference of 12 hours) and we chatted whenever we have time . He will always send me goodnight texts , which made me really happy because it shows that no matter how busy he was , he will always remember me . The 4 months we had spend together was really great and I really appreciate the memories we have created . Unfortunately , I have many regrets . I wasn't able to see him face to face due to limit financially and my anxiety caused me to miss the chance to talk on the phone even skype (video chat) . Even at his last moments , he was still talking about me and thinking about me . This made me really , really sad . I mean , he was my source of support and comfort for 4 months on a daily basis and everytime when something bad happens or when I am scared , my first instinct is to go to him . So the loss was so sudden and a huge blow to me (and of course not forgetting his family) . His family was really helpful with sending me the stuff he had left for me and generally just very nice people . When people ask me if he was my bf , I will just tell them , more than friends , less than a couple . which is true because we are both aromantic . We are more like soulmates because we understand each other well (pretty deeply) and can feel each other's pain (here is me being an empath again ...) . When no one understand me , he did . He was the one who kept me going and prevented me from doing more sh*t to myself when I already was . I have even managed to slowly quit SH-ing myself and yeah now I hardly do it (I don't remember doing it since he left) . It is more of the mental aspects I need help with and I am learning to deal with it slowly .  

And no one can understand how much he means to me , sadly ...

So , in conclusion , I just want to tell him how much I love him (as a twin) and I will never forget him . I am still wearing something that was part of a gift to him as a memento . forgot to mentioned that being betrayed and bullied by someone I thought was my friend had lead me to having trust issues but I am glad Edward was able to accept me as I was . 

 

thirdly , this is to those AVENites who I don't know but take the effort to say hi or just cheer me up . Thank you . 

 

Okay so this is the end of my appreciation post . Damn it is longer than expected . Sorry to OP .

 

Sending everyone my love . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alpha decay   
alpha decay

I should also say thank you to all people who have supported me through my worse time. it would be too many to mention them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre
Just now, alpha decay said:

I should also say thank you to all people who have supported me through my worse time. it would be too many to mention them all.

you are welcome :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre

 

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 11:56 PM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

This goes out to one of the best friends I ever had. He's not ace but that's not the point. I just want to get this off my chest for once. To let him know how much he means to me. How grateful I am.

I never believed in things like love or friendship, simply because I was taught by past experience since my early childhood that these thing wouldn't exist. It was all just lies and illusions. I had to grow up fast, loosing my innocence along the way. Nothing but one dramatic story among billions of others. Nothing special really.

Yet, I still remember the day when we first met on Second Life all those years ago. We started out as casual friends. Everything was fine. I never had any close contacts there. Until the day, he walked up to me, asking me to be his sister. Not only online but for real. I was totally shocked and stunned since I'd never been asked something like this before. I really couldn't believe it for quite a long time but as time passed by I recognized that he had been damn serious about it so I accepted the offer gratefully because I never had much of a family just like him.

I became part of a new world, a new fandom for many years. I met some weird but even more amazing people along the way. I created my very own world, established small projects, gathered and inspired quite a lot of other characters. I never wanted to stand in the spotlights but always found myself right in the middle of their neverending sympathy and admiration somehow. The only thing I ever wanted was to help and protect people. They came to me for advise, support, parties, inspiration or laughter. I never thought about myself but the well-being of my friends and partners. Some contacts faded over time, while others remained. We shared waves of tears and waves of joy. Till the day, my RL crumbled, leading me down to a wrong decision. It was the only logical chocie to me but I underestimated the consequences that would follow.

I received a second chance, a new life. Most of the people I knew had left by the time I came back to this world. I've lost almost all of my memories and skills. There was nothing to hold on to. Except him. My dear loyal friend. J.B. He never left my side, he stayed when everyone else was gone. He never judged or growled, he never gave up on me. No matter what I did or said. There were times when I misbehaved for worse as I couldn't understand the world I had brought back into. I was scared, lost and confused. He never let me fall. He never pushed me away. He was just there, constant, understanding, patient, forgiving. Like a rock. He always said that we would be friends till the end of time but there was a part inside of me that never believed it for real. It forced me to finally face and accept the truth of his words. It was the most painful lesson I ever had to learn. I was used to help and protect others while always keeping my distance from close emotional bonds. I was stigmatized from the past. Events, burried deep down in my soul. The only thing I had learned was to never trust anyone. To never lean on given promises. I was used to betrayal, lies and temporaly illusions. I couldn't deal with the fact that there would be something to really believe or hold onto.

Heaven knows, that I was well known for my stubborn, proud, selfless, closed-up, passionate, anti-social attitude. Everything was fine, as far as people would stay away from me with serious positive thoughts or feeelings for me. I was allergic to compliments or flirts of any kind. I saw the good in everything around me except myself. So much self-hatred, guilt and pain. I had been on the run my whole life..but you gotta face your demons sometimes.

J.B. went through it all with me. 2014 and 2016. I've changed a lot after the second lethal accident. I wanted to break off contact with everyone. It wasn't really hard to do since there had been nothing left except my soulmate, RL relatives and himself. I wanted them leave. They did. Except him. Once again. I was the one who pushed him away back then since I was totally sure that he wouldn't understand my new personality and it was really tough for him indeed. We had a lot of intense, dark conversations. He didn't know how to treat me at first. Everything seemed so different. I wasn't the girl he used to know anymore. The main features of my character had been vanished. Light had been been turned into darkness.

Yet, he still sensed some remaining parts of my old character. He clinged on to it. Never let go of it. Even as I approached him like being a stranger, he tried to see through my walls. We had fights and drama. But at the very end his love, support and patience ripped those shields apart. He was there, still. Holding my hand, pulling me right into his arms when the last pieces of my old world crashed down on me. He dried my tears after my one and only turned his back on me. All these golden promises..faded away. I never thought that this could have happened. It did. He was everything to me. He had been the reason for the second accident. I'd believed in his words till the very end. He said he would never leave me. Yet, he did. J.B. stayed. He still does.

He's somewhere out there right now. I don't know if we'll ever meet again for real as we once did. It was one of the best times in my life actually. We had so much fun back then. He's a such a terrific crazy guy. I was never able to really let him know how much he meant to me. I've never been good with words or expressing my emotions. I just tried to not feel anything at all. To always stay on the safe side. I had lost too many beloved people in my life before.

I want to thank him for letting me realize the only lecture I'd never understood:

Friendship truly does exist. Not only for others but also for myself.

I may never be able to love myself or see all those good things in me, like all these other people used to to but I have to accept that there's one person on Earth that will never let go of me. I was scared but things have changed because of him.

I hope he will be able to read this someday. Thank you so much for being there. I love you. You can always count on me too. Friends forever and a day!

 

R.W.& J.B.

 

Dedicated with deep devotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_edlEw_nkg

 

Note: this thread is meant as general appreciation thread for everyone here to share appreciation for their own special friends. So if there's someone you love – go ahead and let it show!


 


 

 

 


 

Powerful . Just so beautiful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity
44 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

Okay I am gonna start my super long message here . 

 

First and foremost , a great thank you to all who have supported me while I deal with my mental health issues and the pain of losing someone I love dearly . You know who you are so I do not need to name anyone . The real reasons why I am not naming anyone is because firstly , there are too many of you and secondly , I cannot remember your names so yeah . sorry about that . This includes people who are in the telegram group (I hope you guys are seeing this) . 

 

Secondly , I will like to take the time to show appreciation to dearest @edward ford , who is no longer with us , sadly . I am so glad to have known him as a friend and as a twin/soulmate. We are really close (I believed I had mentioned this to some of you before) and within days of meeting on telegram/AVEN , we went from friends to siblings . We are like best friends/family (hence the term twins) and the 99.9% similarity in personality and interest definitely play a part in this . Though I wasn't able to meet him personally (especially during the time he was sick) , we stayed in contact (with the time difference of 12 hours) and we chatted whenever we have time . He will always send me goodnight texts , which made me really happy because it shows that no matter how busy he was , he will always remember me . The 4 months we had spend together was really great and I really appreciate the memories we have created . Unfortunately , I have many regrets . I wasn't able to see him face to face due to limit financially and my anxiety caused me to miss the chance to talk on the phone even skype (video chat) . Even at his last moments , he was still talking about me and thinking about me . This made me really , really sad . I mean , he was my source of support and comfort for 4 months on a daily basis and everytime when something bad happens or when I am scared , my first instinct is to go to him . So the loss was so sudden and a huge blow to me (and of course not forgetting his family) . His family was really helpful with sending me the stuff he had left for me and generally just very nice people . When people ask me if he was my bf , I will just tell them , more than friends , less than a couple . which is true because we are both aromantic . We are more like soulmates because we understand each other well (pretty deeply) and can feel each other's pain (here is me being an empath again ...) . When no one understand me , he did . He was the one who kept me going and prevented me from doing more sh*t to myself when I already was . I have even managed to slowly quit SH-ing myself and yeah now I hardly do it (I don't remember doing it since he left) . It is more of the mental aspects I need help with and I am learning to deal with it slowly .  

And no one can understand how much he means to me , sadly ...

So , in conclusion , I just want to tell him how much I love him (as a twin) and I will never forget him . I am still wearing something that was part of a gift to him as a memento . forgot to mentioned that being betrayed and bullied by someone I thought was my friend had lead me to having trust issues but I am glad Edward was able to accept me as I was . 

 

thirdly , this is to those AVENites who I don't know but take the effort to say hi or just cheer me up . Thank you . 

 

Okay so this is the end of my appreciation post . Damn it is longer than expected . Sorry to OP .

 

Sending everyone my love . 

This sounds and reminds me of my one & only somehow *sighs sadly* We onced shared something very similiar. Thought we would make it till the very end but he couldn' stand up to his given promises at the very end, forcing me to leave. He wasn't ill. He just...changed. Like many other people out there including myself but that's no excuse for giving up on the love of your life. Love means growing and changing together, trying to make it through for better and worse. I was willing to accept his changings as best as possible. Some said it might have been because of the age gap but I'm not so sure. There had been mistakes on both sides but if his feelings would have been as deep and honest as mine we would still be together, being married, setting up a family. Sadly there was no happy end either in this case. My feelings are still the same but that doesn't ease the pain. All those years just feel wasted....although I'm grateful for every moment we shared. Always will be. No one shall ever take his place - at least not as deep as it once was. Playing video games seem to be his major interest and mission now. I have to find new ways for myself *looks around*. Maybe this little thread added something good to this amazing community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre

Yeah I agree with you . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chihiro   
Chihiro

@Deus Ex Infinity I am glad you have someone like that! 

@arekathevampyre I am sorry about your friend :'(

 

I don't have a best friend for life. But I met an amazing person on AVEN who was the truest friend I have ever had. He was always there for me and I, for him. I am thankful that he stood up for me when I got bullied on AVEN. I am glad I was there to console him when he cried about things not going well in his life. And I will always remember our fun times, he was so funny. So easy to tease. I could knew him like the back of my hand. 

 

Unfortunately I had to break up with him, because I was in a bad place in life and I didn't want to take out my frustration on him. The day I decided to cut ties, it was so hard. I felt like I had shot the two of us. And then I felt pain like never before- I could feel his pain and mine too. I was crying for two people, for days. It was as if I was a drug addict on withdrawal. A part of me was missing and I was craving for that missing part. So many little things in my day-to-day life reminded me of him and all our silly inside jokes.

 

After months, I sorted out my life. Many months later, I finally got the courage to talk to him again. We are friends again, but its not the same. We don't seem to have much to talk about anymore. But I am glad to have met him. I suffered from identity crisis and other stuff that made me feel worthless. Thanks to him, I was able to see me, through him. (Unfortunately I think I have relapsed into feeling worthless because of someone else, sigh)

 

Anyway, I will forever owe him one. We were supposed to be just friends but somehow ended up being soulmates!?! I guess we skipped the-crush and romance-part, or we were just oblivious. I hope I never forget our memories. I dunno if we will become friends like we were before, but I hope I meet someone like him one day. If I had to do it again, I totally would- happiness and pain both included.

 

DON'T QUOTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity

Thanks :)

 

Quote

We were supposed to be just friends but somehow ended up being soulmates!?! I guess we skipped the-crush and romance-part, or we were just oblivious. I hope I never forget our memories. I dunno if we will become friends like we were before, but I hope I meet someone like him one day. If I had to do it again, I totally would- happiness and pain both included.

 

Just gotta be honest here. There's still a little spark in me which wishes to be part of another soul once again some day..but these things would only happen so rarely. Maybe just once in your life time. That's ok. You can't push or force it as it will just happen when you less expect it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alpha decay   
alpha decay

@Chihiro I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre

@Chihiro it's okay . 

sorry about what happened to you . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity
On 16.7.2017 at 5:56 PM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

This goes out to one of the best friends I ever had. He's not ace but that's not the point. I just want to get this off my chest for once. To let him know how much he means to me. How grateful I am.

I never believed in things like love or friendship, simply because I was taught by past experience since my early childhood that these thing wouldn't exist. It was all just lies and illusions. I had to grow up fast, loosing my innocence along the way. Nothing but one dramatic story among billions of others. Nothing special really.

Yet, I still remember the day when we first met on Second Life all those years ago. We started out as casual friends. Everything was fine. I never had any close contacts there. Until the day, he walked up to me, asking me to be his sister. Not only online but for real. I was totally shocked and stunned since I'd never been asked something like this before. I really couldn't believe it for quite a long time but as time passed by I recognized that he had been damn serious about it so I accepted the offer gratefully because I never had much of a family just like him.

I became part of a new world, a new fandom for many years. I met some weird but even more amazing people along the way. I created my very own world, established small projects, gathered and inspired quite a lot of other characters. I never wanted to stand in the spotlights but always found myself right in the middle of their neverending sympathy and admiration somehow. The only thing I ever wanted was to help and protect people. They came to me for advise, support, parties, inspiration or laughter. I never thought about myself but the well-being of my friends and partners. Some contacts faded over time, while others remained. We shared waves of tears and waves of joy. Till the day, my RL crumbled, leading me down to a wrong decision. It was the only logical chocie to me but I underestimated the consequences that would follow.

I received a second chance, a new life. Most of the people I knew had left by the time I came back to this world. I've lost almost all of my memories and skills. There was nothing to hold on to. Except him. My dear loyal friend. J.B. He never left my side, he stayed when everyone else was gone. He never judged or growled, he never gave up on me. No matter what I did or said. There were times when I misbehaved for worse as I couldn't understand the world I had brought back into. I was scared, lost and confused. He never let me fall. He never pushed me away. He was just there, constant, understanding, patient, forgiving. Like a rock. He always said that we would be friends till the end of time but there was a part inside of me that never believed it for real. It forced me to finally face and accept the truth of his words. It was the most painful lesson I ever had to learn. I was used to help and protect others while always keeping my distance from close emotional bonds. I was stigmatized from the past. Events, burried deep down in my soul. The only thing I had learned was to never trust anyone. To never lean on given promises. I was used to betrayal, lies and temporaly illusions. I couldn't deal with the fact that there would be something to really believe or hold onto.

Heaven knows, that I was well known for my stubborn, proud, selfless, closed-up, passionate, anti-social attitude. Everything was fine, as far as people would stay away from me with serious positive thoughts or feeelings for me. I was allergic to compliments or flirts of any kind. I saw the good in everything around me except myself. So much self-hatred, guilt and pain. I had been on the run my whole life..but you gotta face your demons sometimes.

J.B. went through it all with me. 2014 and 2016. I've changed a lot after the second lethal accident. I wanted to break off contact with everyone. It wasn't really hard to do since there had been nothing left except my soulmate, RL relatives and himself. I wanted them to leave. They did. Except him. Once again. I was the one who pushed him away back then since I was totally sure that he wouldn't understand my new personality and it was really tough for him indeed. We had a lot of intense, dark conversations. He didn't know how to treat me at first. Everything seemed so different. I wasn't the girl he used to know anymore. The main features of my character had been vanished. Light had been been replaced by darkness.

Yet, he still sensed some remaining parts of my old character. He clinged on to it. Never let go of it. Even as I approached him like a stranger, he tried to see through my walls. We had fights and drama. But at the very end his love, support and patience ripped those shields apart. He was there, still. Holding my hand, pulling me right into his arms when the last pieces of my old world crashed down on me. He dried my tears after my one and only turned his back on me. All these golden promises..faded away. I never thought that this could have happened. It did. He was everything to me. He had been the reason for the second accident. I'd believed in his words till the very end. He said he would never leave me. Yet, he did. J.B. stayed. He still does.

He's somewhere out there right now. I don't know if we'll ever meet again for real as we once did. It was one of the best times in my life actually. We had so much fun back then. He's a such a terrific crazy guy. I was never able to really let him know how much he meant to me. I've never been good with words or expressing my emotions. I just tried to not feel anything at all. To always stay on the safe side. I had lost too many beloved people in my life before.

I want to thank him for letting me realize the only lecture I'd never understood:

Friendship truly does exist. Not only for others but also for myself.

I may never be able to love myself or see all those good things in me, like all these other people used to to but I have to accept that there's one person on Earth that will never let go of me. I was scared but things have changed because of him.

I hope he will be able to read this someday. Thank you so much for being there. I love you. You can always count on me too. Friends forever and a day!

 

R.W.& J.B.

 

Dedicated with deep devotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_edlEw_nkg

 

Note: this thread is meant as general appreciation thread for everyone here to share appreciation for their own special friends. So if there's someone you love – go ahead and let it show!


 


 

 

 


 

Last night has been one of the most wonderful days of my life since coming back from hospital last year. My friend got back to me after reading the thread and we had the most emotional conversation ever. We hadn't been in touch for quite a long time since I was acting so distant and closed-up but he seemed so down and depressed that I decided to show him this thread to make it up to him. I was pretty nervous but it was the right thing after all.

 

We had a beautiful reunion so to speak after knowing each other for 8 years. And the world feels like a better place to me once again. He gave me back a reason to stay alive, a sense of living. We even set up a plan for meeting up in person next spring again!! I'm soooo excited and happy!! He said that my post really made him cry for real and he paid me back through the following clip, hitting my nerve straight down to the core.

 

Spoiler

 

 

That little bastard knows me way to well....but I guess that's the reason why we stick together like fire and ice.  I'm feeling so wasted as I couldn't get much sleep but the party will go on today :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheAP   
TheAP

I have a best online friend. He is so kind to me and always understanding and never gets mad at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity
44 minutes ago, TheAP said:

I have a best online friend. He is so kind to me and always understanding and never gets mad at me.

I'm glad that you found each other! Serious friendship is the most precious thing to be found in this life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chihiro   
Chihiro

@Deus Ex Infinity Yay!!!! I am glad you guys are friends again.

 

I would never show my post to him. Making the first move to reconnect with him itself took weeks of mental preparation LOL. I can relate to what you talk about reunion. It was the best heartfelt conversation I have had in a long time with someone. I never thought apologies could be so sweet. (The only meaningful apology I have ever received in my life). He addressed me with my fav nickname and that made my day. (I hope we can rebuild our friendship again).

 

And thanks for posting that song. I can't believe I had completely forgotten that song. Describes my reunion perfectly and I am playing it on repeat :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity
3 minutes ago, Chihiro said:

@Deus Ex Infinity Yay!!!! I am glad you guys are friends again.

 

I would never show my post to him. Making the first move to reconnect with him itself took weeks of mental preparation LOL. I can relate to what you talk about reunion. It was the best heartfelt conversation I have had in a long time with someone. I never thought apologies could be so sweet. (The only meaningful apology I have ever received in my life). He addressed me with my fav nickname and that made my day. (I hope we can rebuild our friendship again).

 

And thanks for posting that song. I can't believe I had completely forgotten that song. Describes my reunion perfectly and I am playing it on repeat :D 

Same here :D It's great to know someone to share this thrilling experience *hugs carefully before getting some cake ready to celebrate* That song still makes me cry with tears of joy while thinking of last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alpha decay   
alpha decay
5 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Last night has been one of the most wonderful days of my life since coming back from hospital last year. My friend got back to me after reading the thread and we had the most emotional conversation ever. We hadn't been in touch for quite a long time since I was acting so distant and closed-up but he seemed so down and depressed that I decided to show him this thread to make it up to him. I was pretty nervous but it was the right thing after all.

 

We had a beautiful reunion so to speak after knowing each other for 8 years. And the world feels like a better place to me once again. He gave me back a reason to stay alive, a sense of living. We even set up a plan for meeting up in person next spring again!! I'm soooo excited and happy!! He said that my post really made him cry for real and he paid me back through the following clip, hitting my nerve straight down to the core.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

That little bastard knows me way to well....but I guess that's the reason why we stick together like fire and ice.  I'm feeling so wasted as I couldn't get much sleep but the party will go on today :D

 

 

this is just too cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity
3 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

this is just too cute.

:blush: Just like you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deus Ex Infinity   
Deus Ex Infinity

Loving hugs and comfort to @Maks9090. You're not alone here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 10:41 PM, TheAP said:

I have a best online friend. He is so kind to me and always understanding and never gets mad at me.

congrats !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre
21 minutes ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Loving hugs and comfort to @Maks9090. You're not alone here.

yeah . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arekathevampyre   
arekathevampyre

can I ask a question ? 

Is it okay to kind of never walk away from everything you are left with (talking about bff) you know ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maks9090   
Maks9090

Omg you guys ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ @arekathevampyre @Deus Ex Infinity

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now