Lookin for insight/advice?

nouser

Hey everyone!

Im new to this. Not just the website but the whole asexual/aromantic stuff. Im still working things out and done some googling and stumbled across this gem. 

So stuff about me i guess?

-My names Kat, im 21 and confused, kinda looking for insight

-Ive been in relationships before. More so when i was younger still in primary/high school when i was like 12 and 13. Since then ive had 2 relationships but about a month in, i end it cause i end up closing off and feeling really... off i guess? About the relationship.

- when im older i want to get married and have kids and stuff but when i think about it thoroughly i dont want like the whole romantic stuff (kissing, dates, etc.) More of a best friend kinda deal? And i feel off/sad cause i feel like i should want the whole romantic aspects?

-ive had sex before, didnt really enjoy it to be honest. I found it boring and would actually drift off and think of other things instead of the act. However i enjoy masturbating??

-i get uncomfortable around people who are acting coupley and kissing but i still think it cute for them.

-i havent really had crushes before. I'll think someone is pretty/cute/handsome/etc but i dont feel anything romantic towards them (and ive tried)

-i think i might be asexual-aromantic or gray-aromantic/gray-asexual but im not sure

That was a bit long winded for an introduction im sorrt xD but if anyone can give me insight/advice thatd be amazing!

-Katdog

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

9 hours ago, katdog said:

However i enjoy masturbating??

You can enjoy sexual things without experiencing attraction, many asexuals do and many don't.

More of a best friend kinda deal?

Like a QPR? (Queer platonic relationship: Best friends but upgraded in terms of commitment sorta)

I'll think someone is pretty/cute/handsome/etc but i dont feel anything romantic towards them

Aesthetic attraction?

Sorry this isn't a very in depth answer, but if you have any questions or need to talk or anything, feel free to ask here or to pm me!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing a bit about yourself!! I'm glad you found your way here. : ) This is an awesome place to explore and question and learn! So take your time. You'll meet lots of supportive people that can relate, too. There's a lot of helpful parts of the forum...if you haven't yet, the Romantic and Aromantic Orientations forum might be good to look into. : ) Masturbation doesn't determine your sexuality (so you can enjoy it but be asexual), and there's also different types of attraction besides sexual and romantic. Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

Now, for some more helpful information about the site, in addition to my welcome (and cake):

Spoiler

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Image result for amazing cakes

Hello!  Take your time figuring yourself out.  There's no need to rush.  Best of luck to you! :)

Archived