Okay, so I'm confused...

Telperion

Hi all!

So, I recently went into a bookstore (bad Telperion!) and spent money (bad, bad, bad!!!) and found an awesome book: The ABCs of LGBTQ+. I mostly picked it up because it reference asexuality, but I was also curious about some of the other things mentioned in the book.

Information overload is what seems to have occurred, but it has also given me some thought.

For a long time, I've never really seen genders as a big thing, or rather, I'm mostly indifferent to genders. I hardly ever worry about my 'parts' or my gender, it just never really registers on a daily basis. The thing is, I've been finding that I like wearing more androgynous clothing on a daily basis, yet I still love to wear dresses and occasionally (VERY occasionally) I even wear make up and both those things make me feel really good about myself. And yet, on the flip side, I also wonder what it would be like to have a penis, or to not have breasts. And when it comes to bodies in general, I find them fascinating from an art-like perspective: interesting to look at, but ugly.

So it comes to this: am I just a questioning cisfemale, or do I fall under the non-binary umbrella somewhere (and to be honest, gender neutral seemed to almost click, though so did gender flux/gender fluid)?

PERSONAL OPINION HERE: I respect everyone's choices and differences, but I think it's alright to be different or to think about things without slapping a new label on it. We're all just human.
BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Hi, I think it's fine to question your gender if some things about yourself are making you feel that way or if you learned something new that resonated with you like in this case. But honestly if there's nothing in your life that makes you feel uncomfortable or out of place in regards to your gender and/or sex be it socially or physically then it might not even be necessary to question anything in the first place.

I'm not trying to tell you at all what to do or not do, just sharing my opinion that what you've said doesn't really sound nonbinary to me and it seems more like normal curious thoughts. But of course if you found some terms that seem to make more sense to you than being cis then it's up to you if you want to question that or explore that more. 

Thank you. :) I'm not sure where I stand at the moment-and for all I know it could be information overload from reading the book cover-to-cover in a matter of three days-but thank you anyways. I'm going to give it some more thought, and maybe look at different resources and see what I can come up with (if anything). :)

Cheers.

Archived