Am I the only one who doesn't like dirty and sexual jokes/humour?

Soldier455

drjohnhwatson

Yes.

But to be more serious...:lol:.  I think it depends on the situation, the joke itself, the context...that all really matters.  If it's something witty, I'm sure I will laugh.  If it's something low-brow and stupid, then no, I don't like them.  They're not my favourite types of jokes, though.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I am sex repulsed and I am indifferent to sex jokes..for the most part.

It depends on the joke. Some sexual jokes I find funny, others I don't.

flagsforhippos

I grew up on the Carry On films and I find lots of 'rude' things funny when they're done cheekily with a nod and a wink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
imnotafreakofnature!

No, you definitely are NOT the only one who hates crude sex jokes! I think they're tasteless, disgusting and completely unnecessary, and I generally have a pretty low opinion of the people who tell them. Something can be hysterically funny without being filthy!

It's just like any other subject which is joked about. Some jokes are funny, some aren't.

penny_dreadful
On 7/12/2017 at 2:57 PM, rtlloyd98 said:

I don't mind dirty or sex jokes. They can be funny. I prefer puns.

Cards Against Humanity always got on my nerves as the people I played against would just go for the sex joke/answer. But I like clever answers. i.e the best Combo I've ever seen in a game I played was...

In celebration, town builds 50ft statue of... A tiny horse.

I couldn't stop laughing for hours.

I was thinking about CAH while reading this thread. I'd reluctantly categorize myself as reserved and slightly prudish and I know people tend to see me that way (even if I try to not be like that :P). Yet when I was sharing a house with 6 other classmates last year who were females all younger than me and all very overtly sexual, horny, crude, and dirty (hehe) and I found it all so exhausting. But we would play CAH and I would routinely destroy all of them every time we played and they would all be so shocked that reserved, unassuming, and prudish little me could be so horrible and nasty. :P  I think being ace actually helps a lot, I can infiltrate the allosexuals and learn how to play them >:D

No, I do not like sexual humor at all. I find it tactless, crude, down right animalistic, and sometimes plain sexist and discriminatory. I do not like comedians most of the time, but I have a special contempt for comedians who use sexual humor. It makes me deeply uncomfortable and disgusted with society.

I believe the best comedians are the ones who do not incorporate sexual humor or the mockery of a targeted group in their material. It seems as though most comedians are insecure bullies with a massive sex drive. They make me furious. Unfortunately, there are few comedians out there who are truly humorous, original, and wholesomely talented. 

Archived