Which of us do NOT want to get married, or breed?

Rats indeed make more pleasant company. :)

Neurovore, by "marriage" do you mean the whole public ceremony sort of thing itself, or more of a lifetime partner sort of meaning?

I have to agree with you on both - no marrying or breeding over here.. unless you count my tulips on the garden breeding... :D

I have always wanted a place where I could grow fruit and nut trees. I know quite a bit about gardening and horticulture, if I do say so myself.

All my friends want to get married so I usually feel like the last hold-out. As usual, good to know I'm not the only one.

--goes off to grumble about the "ball and chain"--

I really do think that the state of "maritial bliss" can be likened to slavery, for both parties involved.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far so as not to offend any married people. I'm sure there are many happily married people. And, I'm sure that lots of marriages are a lot less strict than others.

Either way, it's still not for me. Unless, perhaps, I'd marry a friend for the legal benefits. But still, the thought of saying "I'm married" makes me uneasy.

I would much rather prefer to take care of my rat kittens after my previous rats died from Tyzzer's disease. I think rats are more intelligent than children and cleaner too.

ROUSBabies.jpg

I can't imagine me being a mother. I feel that kids would put so much restrictions on me, and I need freedom and time for myself.

I'm not excluding marriage if I'd find someone whom, I could share my life with, but it's not likely I'll find someone like that anytime soon. I'm not really looking anyway. I don't mind being single at all.

I would much rather prefer to take care of my rat kittens after my previous rats died from Tyzzer's disease. I think rats are more intelligent than children and cleaner too.

I would like some cat kittens :)

I don't want either. But then I don't think of having kids as "breeding." To me, breeding is what you do with animals to get better specimens. I like to think of humans on a slightly higher plane than that. ;)

I tend to think of humans as hairless chimpanzees. Honestly, whenever they do a documentary on them with the National Geographic channel, I see little difference. Especially when chimpanzees have tribal wars and form rape gangs.

Lady Heartilly

I'd like to get married because I like weddings and . . . you know, having someone to keep me company, but breeding is a big no-no.

I want marriage and children, but no breeding. Personaly I can't see how anyone could even consider intentionally bringing a child into this world when there are millions already here who are in desperate need of a loving parent.

I don't want to get married or have children.

I'm not completely ruling out a relationship, but I don't seek one and could happily spend my life single. Marriage really doesn't appeal to me though. Marriage seems very restrictive and adds an unnessecary formality to the relationship. some practical reason, then I might consider it. And I definately wouldn't do the wedding thing.

I don't want my own children (more people like me is a bad idea, not to mention all the stuff that comes before that). I don't think I'd want to adopt either, although I do get days when I feel quite maternal so maybe in the future it'll last longer.

And as I've said many times, I really want to be an aunt.

I know a lot of you say that you say you'd make a terrible mother/father, and I have often thought the same way, but I think you'd all being a bit harsh on yourselves.

Sweet_Sindelle

Too late for me. I have married and have breeded. I love my kids though, wouldn't trade them for anything in the world...The husband on the other hand...Now that's a different story... :?

The idea of children drives me up the wall. Married life would not suit me, as I would not like to spend the rest of my life worrying about somebody else,

I'm still undecided about marriage. I'll worry about that if I ever meet someone I really care for. As for children, no. I never want any of my own, much to my grandparents' dismay. I don't want the responsibility and the worry children bring. That, and I just dislike kids.

Children of the sloth

I don't think I'll ever have the desire to foster dribbling children, or to give birth to something. Marrige seems like too much trouble. I would, however, like to have an unconventional family unit, like a commune. You could get all kinds of different and wonderful people living and eating together, but without all that biological stuff. Just friends.

Also, having yet more children on the planet when there are many who need help really doesn't seem like my sort of thing.

I think marriage is legalized slavery! :D I just can't see myself living in servitude... besides, thylacines don't live very long in captivity! Our species needs to be roaming free through the Tasmanian wilderness! I notice that when women marry, something happens to their brains... suddenly they become helpless, whereas previously they could do everything and anything for themselves... suddenly they can no longer lift over 2 lbs., or balance their own checkbooks, or anything more complicated than buying a new lipstick, and suddenly need this all-powerful godlike male to do all their thinking for them... ! Which is why I'm glad to be asexual 'cause I don't need a man for much of anything so maybe that way my brain will stay intact!

I might adopt kids one day, though... and of course I know I'll be a perfect mother and my non-biological children will all be brilliant... ! :D

It really isn't any better for men. Many of them are bossed around by their wives.

By the way, I thought the thylacine was extinct.

I like this answer....

"not want"? I'm actually morally opposed to breeding.

As far as marriage.. I don't know! I have never really seen myself getting married, but I suppose it would be nice to have someone around. Someone whom I can go out and do things with.

I am actually happiest when I am alone, though.

I live with my parents and they are retired and travel a lot. I get the house to myself often and feel at my best... However, by the end of a week or so, I start getting lonely and then I'm happy to see them come home - BUT, again, about 2 or 3 days later I start thinking, when's your next trip??

So I REALLY can't say about living with someone.

Well, it is good to know that I am not the only one who feels this way.

What ever would have made you think you were alone on this issue?

Can someone tell me the purpose of marriage/having kids?

My life is perfect as long as I have good people (esp. my parents) around me, nice home, foods, wonderful job, achievements, etc. Why would people want to marry/have kids if they already have these things?

at the moment, marriage is one of those grey areas, children no.

things can change in a days time though

I don't want marriage nor a relationship, breeding nor kids... I wish someone would give me money, though ^^;;;

I wouldn't want a relationship, but I wouldn't mind a Brave New World-style system where men could just put sperm in a sperm-bank and women would juts go to the clinic to have their eggs fertilised - It's so much more civilised.